• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bleach has been on my watch list for awhile, and for all the problems later Bleach has the first two arcs are fantastic

"Fantastic," no. Definitely not. It's decent shonen but it has many of the problems that characterize later Bleach, it just doesn't move as slowly. But it still does move very slow.

Seda

Early Bleach was quite enjoyable for me. I really liked the rescue Rukia segment. Yeah it was DBZ-esqe but it was still fun.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So besides for Soul Eater what do you enjoy?

Off the top of my head?

Soul Eater
Fullmetal Alchemist / Brotherhood
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Eureka 7
Ouran High School Host Club
Death Note
Durarara!!
Ghost Stories
Casshern Sins
.hack//SIGN
Gundam AGE
YuYu Hakasho
Rurouni Kenshin
FLCL
Hellsing Ultimate
Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals
Magi
Shin-chan
Zoids: Chaotic Century / Guardian Force
Sailor Moon
The Big O
Yu-Gi-Oh! / 5D's
Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. / 2nd Gig
InuYasha

No particular order.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If it comes to Toonami I'll look forward to watching it. Otherwise, I don't want to waste time on it based on impressions.

Nobody has told me why it's so bad though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I actually really enjoyed 00 but it's super flawed. I thought a lot of the ideas were cool but the execution left a lot to be desired. Otherwise I wasn't usually interested in Gundam, outside G, which I like but haven't seen quite enough to meaningfully put on my favorites list. AGE is super underrated, the story and pacing are very good, with great characters and writing.

As for SM, I agree, the early SM stuff is unbearably bad and 90's. I like it more for the later stuff, like the original YGO series (although Battle City was pretty ace.)

Seda

I've only seen Gundam Wing, Gunam 00, and G Gundam in full, as well as a lot of episodes from the other seasons sporadically. I really like G Gundam but Wing is my favorite, although it didn't hold up as well on rewatch. 00's first season I like a lot. Then the second season happened. And then the movie was one of the worst anime movies I've ever seen.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The movie was pretty damn bad but I feel the second season gets an undeserved bad rap. I forget why I thought that, though. I think the finale of the first season left a bad taste in my mouth.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The only bad thing about s2 I can remember is Mr. Bushido. What a dumb character and plot thread.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Graham Aker.

Mrbushido.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You can tell they came up with his character before figuring out what his plot would be. So lame.

Raxus

I am glad I got my Gundam DVD's when I did. What was the last good Gundam series? Unicorn sucked. Most of the recent stuff looks like it sold it's soul to the devil. I miss the old art style.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I am glad I got my Gundam DVD's when I did. What was the last good Gundam series? Unicorn sucked. Most of the recent stuff looks like it sold it's soul to the devil. I miss the old art style.

I like SEED and especially DESTINY for how over the top soapy and trainwrecky they get, plus with SEED's way of stringing the story along makes you want to watch more of it.

G Gundam is king though. Watching it right now, so glad I tracked down the DVDs when they first got cheap.

Raxus

I like SEED and especially DESTINY for how over the top soapy and trainwrecky they get, plus with SEED's way of stringing the story along makes you want to watch more of it.

G Gundam is king though. Watching it right now, so glad I tracked down the DVDs when they first got cheap.

G Gundam was great but was around 2000 I believe?

Some great action and hilarious racism to boot. Xenophobia ahoy! Go Mexican Gundam!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
G Gundam is so blatantly stereotypical about every countries Gundam that all equals out in the end. No one gets a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom