• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
in other news, the difference between One Piece and filler One Piece is night and day. the Jaya arc so far almost feels like padding and extra stuff, and yet it's still a lot of fun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
in other news, the difference between One Piece and filler One Piece is night and day. the Jaya arc so far almost feels like padding and extra stuff, and yet it's still a lot of fun.

Jaya pays off big time at the end of the Skypeia arc.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Also: my favorite SABCA was this one:

zlCfzQ_QPjg3FcwGI9

bahahahaha

Neat!

Glad you guys enjoyed them :) I wonder if Nintendo is giving me a crossways look for that Eureka 7 one... it was just too good a moment not to capture, ha. (And Eureka looks pretty cute during that scene.)

Jintor

30 fucking episodes in and we haven't even gathered half the crew yet. This Aarlong arc better be fucking rad as shit. I could've watched an entire series of Wandering Son AND Usagi Drop by now.

Jintor

Patience can go fuck itself, I've got to get back to studying family law in the next few weeks before assignments crush me

30 fucking episodes in and we haven't even gathered half the crew yet. This Aarlong arc better be fucking rad as shit. I could've watched an entire series of Wandering Son AND Usagi Drop by now.

really? you've got four or five Straw Hats in total by the end of episode 30, depending on whether or not you count Nami. and the eighth crewmember just got dubbed recently.

Jintor

Shonen pacing is universally terrible. At least the world and characters are pretty interesting in this. We were on that goddamn beach with the cat pirates for 5 episodes. 5 Episodes! That's an entire goddamn arc in other anime

This frustrating is exacebated because I can't, uh, skip hulu ads :T

Seda

One Piece's pacing is definitely slowed down a notch, but I don't expect long shonens to have similar pacing to Soul Eater/FMA

well, Zoro's fight took one episode and Luffy's took two. that's not bad pacing, when one of the episodes was kind of dedicated to Kuro's backstory. comparatively, Naruto's fight with Zabuza took eight episodes.

789shadow

Banned
Shonen pacing is universally terrible. At least the world and characters are pretty interesting in this. We were on that goddamn beach with the cat pirates for 5 episodes. 5 Episodes! That's an entire goddamn arc in other anime

This frustrating is exacebated because I can't, uh, skip hulu ads :T
Chill the fuck out.

Jintor

Nope. I'mma complain about this forever

This is your fault you realise! You told me to marathon the show to get up to speed! Accept the consequences of your actions! GRIT THOSE TEETH

Jintor

More to the point though I know a few of you got through like 200 episodes in 3 weeks. what? How did you even manage that?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I've got free time so I'm re-watching skypeia to re-bone up on the series. I forgot how few fucks Robin gives about stuff, also I'm loving everyone voices. They did a great job casting this thing.

like 4-5 hours of OP p/day? How much time do you guys have? o_O

Considering how bad the recaps get, a lot of episodes end up being 15 minutes or less. Makes it easier to marathon. I guess that isn't really an option with hulu ads, though.

Also, I'd almost say just watch Episode of Nami instead of the tv version of the Arlong arc, but going back to the tv series after that is probably pretty difficult.

Seda

So I've got free time so I'm re-watching skypeia to re-bone up on the series. I forgot how few fucks Robin gives about stuff, also I'm loving everyone voices. They did a great job casting this thing.

Chopper's is the only voice I don't care for. Nami is fantastic all around, Robin's fits very well. Zoro's voice is just different enough from Piccolo, it's a little lighter and... airier? I think Sanji does a great job going from 'cool' to 'lovestruck'. Usopp does sound exactly like Krillin but eh, it fits.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Chopper's is the only voice I don't care for. Nami is fantastic all around, Robin's fits very well. Zoro's voice is just different enough from Piccolo, it's a little lighter and... airier? I think Sanji does a great job going from 'cool' to 'lovestruck'. Usopp does sound exactly like Krillin but eh, it fits.

I love Chopper's voice, especially when he goes into heavy point and looks like a body builder. It's just a very funny thing, he sounds so adorable but looks like he lifts religiously.

Seda

That's okay, Soul Eater will make up for it!
Oh, wait, it's filler too.
Title:
(Super) Written Test: Heart-Throbbing, Trembling, Nervous, Lies?

You serious? So two hours of filler this week? (yes I know One Piece - Long Ring Long is canon filler mixed with anime filler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom