• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Give me some rope
Tie me to dream
Give me the hope
To run out of steam
Somebody said
It can be here
We could be roped up, tied up
Dead in a year
I can't count the reasons I should stay
One by one they all just fade away

789shadow

Banned
Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for Community!
Okay make this happen right now.

EDIT:

xA9Cjj0.png

Raxus

Also, I mentioned that Luffy couldn't swim even before eating the Devil Fruit.

I'll always remember it that way. MEMORY DELETED.

Cyan. Why did we get bumped to community and Fitness GAF lives on?

Nothing against FitnessGAF but I figured if we went, they would go too

Edit: I see them. I guess you just decided to purge the board finally.

Seda

Wow, even the Daily Show thread was pushed to community and NOBODY posts in that thread.

I did a quick count of all the little arrow icons on the Off-Topic boards shortly after they moved everything. It's over 100 threads, seriously.

Raxus

I did a quick count of all the little arrow icons on the Off-Topic boards shortly after they moved everything. It's over 100 threads, seriously.

I am assuming they REALLY want people to start posting in the community tabs. Well played admins...well played.

Order

We're in community? Say it ain't so!

Also: 10 episodes into One Piece and we already have a Michael Jackson reference. I'm gonna like this show

The sizes aren't proportionate. AnimeGAF is 10x more active than ToonamiGAF is and ManGAF is more active than ToonamiGAF. This pictures is all wrong!

I think it's more about the content itself. It starts with manga, a lot of which gets adapted to anime, some of which gets brought over for Toonami.

Jintor

Did you just quit animeGAF? Or am I thinking of someone else entirely who was like "GOTS TO DEAL WITH SHIT FOR A WHILE"

Seda

Uh... I've been posting on GAF all the time. lol.

I know you're a fan of Eureka 7, if you have cable and are awake late Saturday nights it might be fun for you to join in to see reactions from people watching for the first time. I think a lot of people enjoy watching first-timer reactions.

This is actually one reason actually why I try not to spoil myself or "watch ahead", it's more fun for other people who are familiar with a show, I think.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I know you're a fan of Eureka 7, if you have cable and are awake late Saturday nights it might be fun for you to join in to see reactions from people watching for the first time. I think a lot of people enjoy watching first-timer reactions.

This is actually one reason actually why I try not to spoil myself or "watch ahead", it's more fun for other people who are familiar with a show I think.

I own the entire DVD set and have watched the series around 10 to 12 times already. I'll watch on my DVD since I don't have cable anymore. I actually have been reading yall's reactions during the week. I haven't done it for the past 3 though so I lost track.

I definitely think the community aspect makes a show much more enjoyable. Hence why I'm telling you to watch Valvrave now.

Raxus

Community definitely plays a huge role. I would have simply just dropped GXP instead of soldiering on if it wasn't so entertaining to put my knee jerk reactions online and see how other people reacted.

Man... if only Code Geass aired again. Jeez. The shit that would ensue.
In fairness, Code Geass was hurt by the fact that a superior version of the show was already airing on [adult swim] at the time, and it didn't have a poor animation style (lol CLAMP) or
questionable masturbation scenes
. The actual story of Code Geass wasn't bad at all, I'm digging S2 so far.

Of course I started S2 like last January, it's a miracle it still lives on my DVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom