• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

gxn6V60.png

LPtyBen.png

So this is replacing Eureka 7

Here's the dubbed trailer btw

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lmfao, this should be fun. The show is apparently a trainwreck, and trainwrecks are great with ToonamiGAF.

Should have gotten .hack//SIGN. Fricking Bandai ruining everything.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think I've heard a single good thing about that show. This will be interesting

Firehawk's review of the show.

Sword Art Online. This is the worst show ever to have been produced by a culture. Take the solipsism of The Newsroom, the depravity of K-Town or any other reality show of that ilk, and the sad humanity exhibited exhibited in shows like Honey Boo Boo and you’d STILL get a show that is morally, ethically, and spiritually more justifiable than Sword Art Online. The bar has been set so low that I can even see merit in a show like OniAi. Fuck you SAO… just fuck you.

http://animesos.tumblr.com/post/43518816739

We are not ready...why are you doing this to us Tom?

You guys are going to like the first half of SAO. It's not a bad series and has some damn good animated action. It's like .hack, but a thousand times better.

People will be more mixed on the second half because
incest kind of.

jbug617

Banned
I felt either Accel World or SAO would be on Toonami.

My impressions of SAO
It starts strong, drags in the middle and finishes on a high point

I've heard very, very bad things about this show.

The good thing I'm taking out of it is Toonami got the type of cash to chase after something that's not a dub from years ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I suppose this will be another Toonami hatewatch?

Yes. The only question will be who makes it out alive...

Firehawk said:
Sword Art Online. This is the worst show ever to have been produced by a culture. Take the solipsism of The Newsroom, the depravity of K-Town or any other reality show of that ilk, and the sad humanity exhibited exhibited in shows like Honey Boo Boo and you’d STILL get a show that is morally, ethically, and spiritually more justifiable than Sword Art Online. The bar has been set so low that I can even see merit in a show like OniAi. Fuck you SAO… just fuck you.

Seda

So, which timeslot do you people think it's going to get?

Eureka is the only show that ends in August. IGPX will still be running but that show may drop in timeslot due to poor ratings. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater seems to be working so I'd assume 5th slot.

popularity-wise, what would you guys say is the potential of this show?

i'm gonna guess, if we don't get an expansion:

12:00 Bleach
12:30 Naruto
01:00 One Piece
01:30 Sword Art Online
02:00 IGPX

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So we get One Piece, which we all agree is awesome, and now we have to deal with another hate watch? Couldn't they give us a small break from those? We couldn't have gotten Tiger and Bunny first? FMP? Nope, right to the hate watch.

popularity-wise, what would you guys say is the potential of this show?

It'll do well. It was voted anime of the year in a few places.

EDIT: Couldn't we have gotten Level E instead? It's short and amazing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know nothing of Sword Art Online other than it's like .hack but with more action and more awful characters.

We couldn't Persona 4? That would be prime Toonami material.

I know nothing of Sword Art Online other than it's like .hack but with more action and more awful characters.

We couldn't Persona 4? That would be prime Toonami material.

This would have been infinitely better. Still, i'm glad to see Toonami is doing well enough to get recently dubbed shows like this.

Necrovex

You guys are going to like the first half of SAO. It's not a bad series and has some damn good animated action. It's like .hack, but a thousand times better.

People will be more mixed on the second half because
incest kind of.

Like I said in Anime-Gaf, I thought the first half of SAO was decent. I had a lot of fun with it. But that second half...Toonami-Gaf thought GXP was bad, but they haven't seen anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom