• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Well, pretty much everything I've heard about the show is, well, not good, but I won't let that jade me. I'll give it an honest watch.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Like I said in Anime-Gaf, I thought the first half of SAO was decent. I had a lot of fun with it. But that second half...Toonami-Gaf thought GXP was bad, but they haven't seen anything yet.

Date-A-Live is infinitely worse than SAO. Be lucky you guys don't get that shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
well, that's a plus. and from what i've seen people say the first half is good, so it'll take a while to become a hatewatch, right?

First half is basically Bleach + .hack with better pacing, second half is more like that-which-must-not-be-named

On the one hand, this is pretty damn fresh show, so it's a positive sign that Toonami has managed to nab a show that's so new and so popular (somehow).

On the other hand, the back 12... *vom*

As for time slot speculation, I can see IGPX moving into the Eureka 7 slot after that finishes, Soul Eater getting bumped to 2am and SAO getting the 1.30am slot, and for the three months before SAO turns into GXP that would be a pretty damn strong two and a half hours.

SoilBreak

Banned
Well, it's been fun guys. This is where I bail out.

vJV2Gax.gif

That was the episode when I bail out on SAO.

so, what's the general consensus about how this compares to Accel World?

Accel World has better action and arguably better characters, though some people will say they're less likable. SAO's main is the very definition of Gary Stu, but some have found it entertaining for that reason.

I guess I should hold any hate until I actually watch the show. I mean, maybe i'll enjoy it a little. It can't honestly be worse than GX- *begins bleeding profusely*

Levyne

Banned
I've seen it a ton of times and it tells me nothing without any context. I guess I will think of it as soon as I see that bridge and know who they are but oh well.

Mature

.hack//sign is boring as shit. At least SAO engages the audience in someway with the interesting game ideas.
While I wholeheartedly disagree with SAO being described as engaging in any capacity, he didn't say anything about sign, he said .hack.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
While I wholeheartedly disagree with SAO being described as engaging in any capacity, he didn't say anything about sign, he said .hack.

I really hope people know the difference between the awesome SIGN and the mediocre other incarnations...

.hack//SIGN was great.

Sword Art Online makes IGPX, Tenchi GXP and Deadman Wonderland look like high art.

EWmof.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SAO is the show that creates divides. Before it even airs. LOL. Is ToonamiGAF even going to make it to August?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DMW wasn't that good TBH. It was a ton of fun, but there just isn't anything to it.

I'd still totally rewatch it though, and it's easily the best of the three Kuwabara listed.

Mature

I really hope people know the difference between the awesome SIGN and the mediocre other incarnations...

EWmof.gif
And here I thought we were on the same side! I think the original game quadrilogy is the best in the series, but it doesn't ultimately matter since every entry in the franchise is better than SAO.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
And here I thought we were on the same side! I think the original game quadrilogy is the best in the series, but it doesn't ultimately matter since every entry in the franchise is better than SAO.

I was actually talking about the other anime (Roots, Legend of the Twilight), the games are fine although I've only watched their cutscenes (gameplay seemed too repetitive.)

Mature

I was actually talking about the other anime (Roots, Legend of the Twilight), the games are fine although I've only watched their cutscenes (gameplay seemed too repetitive.)
Sometimes I forget Legend of the Twilight exists... .hack//Quantum is a more recent, more comparable show to put next to SAO to let you see how miserable it is.

ckohler

I hope they don't try to push this more than Soul Eater. Already late enough as is =(
Same here. Don't give them any ideas, guys. Besides, didn't it just out perform all other Toonami shows in its timeslot?

Moving it later just because there is a new show is a bad move, especially if SAO isn't that beloved.

Sometimes I forget Legend of the Twilight exists... .hack//Quantum is a more recent, more comparable show to put next to SAO to let you see how miserable it is.

Ah yes, Legend of the Twilight. Or, as I've always remembered it, .hack//Incest. What a shitty show.

I think a lot of the other .hack stuff was fine, although SIGN was the only anime that I ever felt was really superb. The original games were definitely very good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom