• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sometimes I forget Legend of the Twilight exists... .hack//Quantum is a more recent, more comparable show to put next to SAO to let you see how miserable it is.

Haven't seen Quantum. Character designs and art style immediately turned me off.

Want to get into Link though, heard good things.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
.hack haters, go get comatose.

iTuYHFGQrCgao.gif

Deadman Wonderland was fun as hell, but it certainly wasn't "good" if that's what you're asking. :D

Basically yup.

Tenumi

Banned
By the way, DeMarco just tweeted that SAO is NOT the mystery show thought to replace GXP.

So I'm confused. One Piece started when GXP ended, but wasn't "the show" that was replacing GXP, and neither is SAO. Does that mean that there is one more show that they have the rights to air that they haven't announced?

So I'm confused. One Piece started when GXP ended, but wasn't "the show" that was replacing GXP, and neither is SAO. Does that mean that there is one more show that they have the rights to air that they haven't announced?

The announcements that day were Eva, One Piece, and mystery show. So maybe?

Seda

The tweet in question.

0cP1dUJ.png

Well after Eureka-->SAO the next spot for a show replacement would be:

October 12th - After Thundercats ends its current run. That will have given it a year on the schedule.

October 26th - Both Bebop's current run and IGPX will be over on this day.

Or SBT's current run which ends in July

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bebop is almost assuredly going to be replaced by FLCL (if it gets replaced at all). We've already been told FLCL is going to get on the air at some point this year.

Seda

The movie night.

At Momocon in March they announced Eva 1.11, One Piece, and Jason talked about another show they had their eyes on (I'll see if I can get a word-by-word transcript of what was said exactly). After IGPX was announced, I asked on the Tumblr if that was the show he was alluding to. 'Nope'. Now somebody asked if SAO was that show, also apparently 'Nope'.

Seda

"We're not sure if it's going to be replacing Tenchi or if it's going to be actually after that, but we did get approval to show One Piece.

*Applause and stuff*

"We can't tell you the exact date ... just gonna share it now, so when we know the air date we'll let you know. It [One Piece] might not be the show replacing Tenchi, that might be a different show which I think you guys will be excited about but we're not able to talk about it yet"

That is what we know of the mystery show, and it wasn't IGPX or SAO.

EDIT: This is a quote from Jason from Momocon in March

"We're not sure if it's going to be replacing Tenchi or if it's going to be actually after that, but we did get approval to show One Piece.

*Applause and stuff*

"We can't tell you the exact date ... just gonna share it now, so when we know the air date we'll let you know. It [One Piece] might not be the show replacing Tenchi, it might be a different show which I think you guys will be excited about but we're not able to talk about it yet"

What if it's Megas XLR. :eek:

789shadow

Banned
So how exactly didn't One Piece replace Tenchi? Tenchi ended one week, and then One Piece started the next. Stop with this bullshit DeMarco.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

*Applause and stuff*

"We can't tell you the exact date ... just gonna share it now, so when we know the air date we'll let you know. It [One Piece] might not be the show replacing Tenchi, that might be a different show which I think you guys will be excited about but we're not able to talk about it yet"

When would the replacement happen?

ckohler

Just out of curiosity, what shows would you guys recommend that aren't going to be automatically panned or seriously mixed? Even MegasXLR isn't exactly something I would be excited about. I've seen a few episodes and it seemed pretty juvenile in quality and presentation. I haven't seen SAO so I'll reserve judgement but I knew enough to know that it wasn't wildly successful.

Gurren Lagann on the other hand seems like a perfect fit for Toonami to me. It's well received, action packed, funny and polished.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
As a reminder, here are the tentative end dates for the current shows.

Sym-Bionic Titan (Second Run): July 20th 2013
Eureka Seven: August 10th 2013
ThunderCats: (Second Run) October 5th 2013
IGPX: October 19th 2013
Sword Art Online: February 1st 2014 (IF Eureka Seven ends on August 10th)
Soul Eater: February 8th 2014
Bleach: September 6th 2014
Naruto (canon): June 27th 2015

One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Considering there was no mention of Titan ending, it's very likely that will get a third run. If that's the case, the third run will end December 7th.

As for the schedule, it's very likely IGPX will move down due to horrid ratings (seriously, that drop is still baffling). So the first three hours of Toonami will be Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, and IGPX. Ending with three hours of repeats.

Seda

Well obviously One Piece did end up being the replacement to GXP but, unless he's lying or being purposefully obtuse, they were clearly looking at another show for a potential replacement, which is still a mystery.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just out of curiosity, what shows would you guys recommend that aren't going to be automatically panned or seriously mixed? Even MegasXLR isn't exactly something I would be excited about. I've seen a few episodes and it seemed pretty juvenile in quality and presentation. I haven't seen SAO so I'll reserve judgement but I knew enough to know that it wasn't wildly successful.

Gurren Lagann on the other hand seems like a perfect fit for Toonami to me. It's well received, action packed, funny and polished.

Gurren Lagann and Fate/Zero are amazing fits for Toonami.

Guys, it's simple. Back then they were not sure if One Piece would be the show replacing GXP in the lineup, likely due to continuing talks on what episode would start the show. If that was still up in the air when GXP finished, they could've dipped into their already owned file and probably slapped up FLCL for a few weeks.

The third, un-named show is still in the mix.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
k guys heres my dream toonami lineup letme know wat you think

bleach
gxp
igpx
smurai 7
sao

NO ONE PIECE!!!!!1

Raxus

So the show isn't Megas, isn't SAO, isn't OP and what else
k guys heres my dream toonami lineup letme know wat you think

bleach
gxp
igpx
smurai 7
sao

NO ONE PIECE!!!!!1

Perfect! When I swallow the pills after Bleach and GXP I will have IGPX and S7 help me drift off to sleep before seeing SAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom