• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Could be Megas. Could be anything.

We know it isn't Megas and a handful of shows. At this point it could be Samurai Jack or any anime. Judging their record so far we will get Fate/Stay Zero and then get High School of the Dead. Gotta mix the good with the bad!

Necrovex

We know it isn't Megas and a handful of shows. At this point it could be Samurai Jack or any anime. Judging their record so far we will get Fate/Stay Zero and then get High School of the Dead. Gotta mix the good with the bad!

High School of the Dead has the best plot in the entire medium!

Crocodile

I've heard about SAO but I know literally nothing about it. It's an anime based on a game right? I guess it's the next GXP? Can someone explain in a spoiler-free manner why its so bad?

Just out of curiosity, what shows would you guys recommend that aren't going to be automatically panned or seriously mixed? Even MegasXLR isn't exactly something I would be excited about. I've seen a few episodes and it seemed pretty juvenile in quality and presentation. I haven't seen SAO so I'll reserve judgement but I knew enough to know that it wasn't wildly successful.

Gurren Lagann on the other hand seems like a perfect fit for Toonami to me. It's well received, action packed, funny and polished.

Tiger and Bunny seems like it was custom made for Toonami honestly. I hope it finds its way to the block eventually.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
i forgot toonami is six hours so i sdded some mor feedback is apprcited im gonna twete demarco and be famous liek shart

bleach
bleach
naruto (eps 137+)
naruto (eps 137+)
sao
gxp
gxp
igpx
smurai 7
dbgt
thundercats
thundercats

Raxus

Watching Luffy punch people in the face is weirdly satisfying

It is shocking how many anime's could benefit from a Luffy.

Aizen: You have been caught in my *Gets punch in the face* WHAT THE FUCK
Luffy: You made Orihime cry, let's fight
Aizen: This was all part of my *gets punched in the face again* COME ON!
Luffy: How did anyone have trouble beating you?

Order

i forgot toonami is six hours so i sdded some mor feedback is apprcited im gonna twete demarco and be famous liek shart

bleach
bleach
naruto (eps 137+)
naruto (eps 137+)
sao
gxp
gxp
igpx
smurai 7
dbgt
thundercats
thundercats
Replace everything with GXP and an infinite loop of the last episode of Thundercats.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I take it back, can we please have Code Geass back instead? Oh dear god, what evil has been wrought this day?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Watching Luffy punch people in the face is weirdly satisfying

It really is, there are so many good punches.

It is shocking how many anime's could benefit from a Luffy.

Aizen: You have been caught in my *Gets punch in the face* WHAT THE FUCK
Luffy: You made Orihime cry, let's fight
Aizen: This was all part of my *gets punched in the face again* COME ON!
Luffy: How did anyone have trouble beating you?

:lol

Seriously, someone attack while he's doing his monologue.

Isn't it obvious? #ThundercatsS2

I will fucking stab a bitch if that happens.

#TitanS2 or #MegasS3 ONLY

I've heard about SAO but I know literally nothing about it. It's an anime based on a game right? I guess it's the next GXP? Can someone explain in a spoiler-free manner why its so bad?

It's not based on a game. The premise is based around a Virtual Reality MMORPG.

The reason people call it bad is based on wasted potential, unbelievable character actions, a lack of depth in the characters in general, some harem antics that are not amusing, and some.... stuff in the second half.

That being said, it also has a lot of fans and is damn popular in Japan. Not bad for something I guy wrote when he was in high school.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So Aniplex is behind this show, I think this is the first program they have brought to the Toonami. Why could it not have been Fate/Zero in its stead?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There is no anime I can think of outside of G Gundam that is better for group watch than SAO.

The reactions alone. I can't wait. Yes I know G Gundam is awesome and SAO turns quickly into a giant pile but its all about the reactions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
There is no anime I can think of outside of G Gundam that is better for group watch than SAO.

The reactions alone. I can't wait. Yes I know G Gundam is awesome and SAO turns quickly into a giant pile but its all about the reactions.

Attack on Titan might be even more fun. Also, I say this with full confidence that Attack on Titan will eventually be part of Toonami, it is even more fated now then ever.

Wow, it is .hack, only it results in death rather than comas.
That last line reminded me of that awful horror movie "Stay Alive" with the tagline "You die in the game, you die for real". Not a good sign.

yeah, that made me laugh out loud.

Hehateme said:
Because of all that plot.

hey, i legitimately like the characters and the action is pretty good lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow, it is .hack, only it results in death rather than comas.
That last line reminded me of that awful horror movie "Stay Alive" with the tagline "You die in the game, you die for real". Not a good sign.

Wowowowowowowowowowow, I had totally forgotten about Stay Alive Still need to watch it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Indeed though I can think of at least half a dozen titles that she scored that I would rather see on Toonami then SAO.

Raxus

yeah, that made me laugh out loud.

hey, i legitimately like the characters and the action is pretty good lol

It is bad but at least it is entertainly bad I will say that. Which it is kind of going for. It always pains me to admit that HotD really isn't the worst thing in anime despite how much it highlights what is wrong with anime because it never tries to be anything more than trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom