• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show's original logo was used by 4Kids. I think the situation is one of two things:

1) 4Kids may still have some kind of legal claim to that logo in the United States.

2) Even if they don't, it may be a mandate to not use that logo anywhere so as to completely distinguish it as a product from 4Kids' version of the show.

if it's the second one, it sounds extremely pointless

This two episode arc with lil' buggy worth watching?

Eh, it's not that hard to guess what happens. It's an adaptation of the cover stories, which is just 1 dialogue-less page at the beginning of certain chapters. So that's 28 pages stretched over 2 episodes. You could probably just skip it.

Edit: Well, I guess you already watched it.

Alrighty ToonamiGAF, 2 YouTube strikes, I think I should hold the ground there. Gonna hold off on the Opening uploads. I will still try to record the upcoming ones though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
they just changed the Japanese text to English, didn't they?

Yeah, and it's this ugly red logo. I never really liked it.
Not sure why they put that there, it's not like English speakers will think the manga is called NEP ECE (which some Japanese kids thought it was, but at least I can understand that).

Thankfully they no longer use it on the cover, opting for the name of the saga. But it's still on the spine...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
they just changed the Japanese text to English, didn't they?

They add arc names to the logo now (all of which take up much more space than the kana "Wan Pisu" on top of the logo in Japanese) and they changed the colors from the Japanese versions. The letters are also slightly thicker and have less detail, and the lines above and below the logo are thicker than the original as well.

For example:

KQPVnt0.jpg

vs.

It's subtle, but it is still altered beyond mere translation.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Incredible, of course. How far we've come.

From 3 hours, a reskinned TOM from 2003, and no SARA... to 6 hours, TOM 5, and SARA back in action.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Seda, you have your own skeletons....

I don't see where he inflicted something like GPX on us...

Man Zoro you gonna let this lady exposition at you all day or what

Zorro gives no fucks. He just figures they're going to yap anyway so he may as well let them get it out of their system before he cuts them in half. He's just being polite to the people he's about to kill.

Jintor

Man these marines are baller.

It's really nice to be in a big town setting. real city of adventure vibe going on here.

/edit wow this little girl's a total bitch lolololol

LOL DADDY'S FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

//the little girl's voice actress is kind of unsuited

oh boy story time

Jintor

Everyone calling Alvida totally hot is a bit weird because she looks more or less the same as every other woman in this damn show

It will be interesting to see what they do with Crazy Rainbow when they eventually get there due to all the pieces of the logo lying all over the place in the environment in the beginning parts of that opening.
I think on the DVDs, they keep the animation with the OP logo flying in unaltered, but once the logo is complete it flashes to the Funimation logo.

I suppose individual fragments of the logo would be okay.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everyone calling Alvida totally hot is a bit weird because she looks more or less the same as every other woman in this damn show

You've got a little bit to go before Oda draws a good looking young woman that looks different from Nami.

Jintor

Oh Buggy, you so flashy

Devil Fruit powers sure are fun.

WTF? They have motors in this universe? Next thing you know they'll have goddamn computers

/edit Oh Zoro, you're a fucking lady's man. "STOP LOOKING AND ACTING LIKE SOME DEAD GIRL YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW"

//EDIT WTF IS EVEN HAPPENING

Jintor

Okay this dragonite arc is totally boring. SKIP

So Nami just straight up killed a dude. Oh well he was an asshole, I guess that's cool

Jintor

The pacing's still shit, don't get me wrong. The world is pretty cool and the characters are so unabashedly shonen haato I can't dislike it though.

It's just an easy show to put on while I draw or play fire emblem or mgs3 or something

The Q&A is on Monday now
OOPS- Q&A UPDATE
Sorry guys, slight change of plans! We’ll do the Q&A Monday, May 27th, as Gill and Jason will be traveling back from Barcelona on Sunday May 26th. We’ll start answering questions in the am Monday and will do so throughout the day into the evening. We’re thinking we have a lot to talk about, right? :)
See you soon.
Love, the toonami crew.
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/51302099167/oops-q-a-update

kewlmyc

Ugh, Sword Art Online? One of the most overrated anime to air last year? I always thought that the anime shat the bed around episode 7, but I'm sure some people that watch Toonami will enjoy it. I watch regardless just to see Toonami-GAF's reactions. Hopefully F/Z or Magi is next.

Also, holy shit at the prices of the Blurays. I can't stand Aniplex USA. 4 sets of Blurays for $90 store price each is ridiculous. I hope they won't do the same for Fate/Zero and the Persona 3 movies
(they will).

This is what AnimeGAF believes of ToonamiGAF.

yeah..............i went over there and saw some people praising Tenchi Muyo GXP.

Jintor said:
/edit Oh Zoro, you're a fucking lady's man. "STOP LOOKING AND ACTING LIKE SOME DEAD GIRL YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

yno, that always amused me considering everyone looks like goddamn Nami. what is it, the hair color that freaks him out?

Jintor said:
The pacing's still shit

see, when the crew gets to fightin' people there's very rarely a moment where i've thought to myself that they're stalling or just being too slow, as opposed to something like Bleach or Naruto for about half the Zabuza arc.

kewlmyc

This is what AnimeGAF believes of ToonamiGAF. I happen to disagree. I hope you people wont let me down.

Not necessarily here, but I'm sure a lot of the millions of people who watch Toonami will like SAO. There's a reason it got popular in the first place, even though I'm not sure what the reason is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom