• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are facts involved with animation. Unlike when discussing art style alone, some animation is simply better than others in terms of the fluidity of movement.

Here is a video which showcases the amazing animation in Soul Eater (spoilers for stuff that hasn't aired on Toonami yet, but the video is in chronological order). There isn't a single scene in 350+ episodes of Bleach that has animation on par with any of the scenes shown in that video.

You're entitled to believe that Bleach looks better. That's a subjective argument, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But you can't argue that Bleach has better animation. That's an easily refuted argument.

We're going to just have to agree to disagree. I could probably dig up videos of Bleach that I believe are on par with that, mainly the newer stuff. How can the fluidity of animation be quantified? By measuring frames per second, otherwise it really is just subjective. I'm not talking about art style here, this is from a pure tech standpoint.

Toonami |OT5| Admit you enjoy Bleach at your own expense.

2559690459_936b8e58e8.jpg

lol

Bleach has fight scenes?

(sorry, sorry, couldn't resist)

I didn't watch any Bleach until Toonami returned, so my opinion probably means jack, but from what I've seen, the animation in Soul Eater is far better, but I think that's due to it being a shorter series compared to the 300-plus and counting cranked out for Bleach.

Seda

I honestly think Bleach's animation is okay, definitely not as good as Soul Eater though. My #1 issue with the show is its dialogue and banter. I don't expect much from that from long running shounens but Bleach doesn't even meet my low expectations. Everybody explaining their attacks and/or how they negated their foes attacks, the smack talk, the insults, it's all just....well...I don't like it at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I honestly think Bleach's animation is okay, definitely not as good as Soul Eater though. My #1 issue with the show is its dialogue and banter. I don't expect much from that from long running shounens but Bleach doesn't even meet my low expectations. Everybody explaining their attacks and/or how they negated their foes attacks, the smack talk, the insults, it's all just....well...I don't like it at all.

Plus the VA's really don't seem to give a rat's ass.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Plus the VA's really don't seem to give a rat's ass.

It's like Kyle Hebert takes tranquilizers before going into the recording studio.
This is the same guy that gave us the famous "NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!" Show a little energy!

DBZ syndrome

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Seed is fine. Destiny needs to be buried in a hole in the middle of a desert.

Amen. I followed Seed when it first aired and it was fine. I had some legit FEELS at the end of it. Destiny however was hot garbage.

Geass would be amazing, except for the fact that dub Charles isn't anywhere as good as the original. Original Charles had no indoor voice and that's the way I love him.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What.
KuGsj.gif

Wow, this is unexpected. Congrats Sega! Good luck, you'll need it.

(I guess this makes changing the titles a bit easier!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom