• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I'm surprised that you guys don't like some of the endings. Sure, Watashi ga Iru Yo (ending 3) is pretty bad, but I found every other ending to range from good to amazing.

Shouchi no Suke (ending 4) and Shining Ray (ending 8) are among my favorites.

Are you speaking about the English or Japanese endings though? Keep in mind (I would assume) that most of us marathoning the show are watching in English, considering it's going to air in English, and the endings are dubbed.

Are you speaking about the English or Japanese endings though? Keep in mind (I would assume) that most of us marathoning the show are watching in English, considering it's going to air in English, and the endings are dubbed.

I think the English versions are fine. I do like the Japanese versions better, however.

Although, it's weird how in Fish (ending 6) they got a female singer for a song that was originally sung by a male.

Up to One Piece 66....

Luffy's stupidity knows no bounds. And now that they are technically in the Grand Line, unless there is something MAJOR that causes the crew to get off the Grand Line at some point, I find it hard to believe that with the manga/show still going on, they still have not reached the end of the Grand Line.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, whut? Late, late One Piece spoilers. If you're not at least Metatron level of knowledgeable about One Piece, don't look.
So I was reading on the wiki about Blackbeard and it turns out he can use two devil fruit powers. How did this happen? I know he apparently stole the powers, but how exactly did he do that?
To expand on the "unknown" answer ever so slightly, (HUGE SPOILERS)
it was established right away that Blackbeard's Yami Yami no Mi was able to absorb the power of the Devil Fruit from a living user's body (to neutralize the power rather than to be able to use it himself). It seems that he also has the ability to absorb the essence of a Devil Fruit as it leaves the corpse of a newly dead user and take it into his own body as if he ate it. Because his body is basically a void due to his first fruit, he can take in the second power without the normal consequences.

Of course, that's all just speculation as the actual mechanics haven't been specifically explained, but it fits everything we saw.

To expand on the "unknown" answer ever so slightly, (HUGE SPOILERS)
it was established right away that Blackbeard's Yami Yami no Mi was able to absorb the power of the Devil Fruit from a living user's body (to neutralize the power rather than to be able to use it himself). It seems that he also has the ability to absorb the essence of a Devil Fruit as it leaves the corpse of a newly dead user and take it into his own body as if he ate it. Because his body is basically a void due to his first fruit, he can take in the second power without the normal consequences.

Of course, that's all just speculation as the actual mechanics haven't been specifically explained, but it fits everything we saw.

That's cray cray.
He can nullify people's Devil fruit powers? And he has 2 powers himself? And he has a whole bunch of other shit? This guy is OP as fuck. How is Luffy supposed to beat someone like this?

Raxus

That's cray cray.
He can nullify people's Devil fruit powers? And he has 2 powers himself? And he has a whole bunch of other shit? This guy is OP as fuck. How is Luffy supposed to beat someone like this?

He is supposed to
hollowify, get in a giant robot, become a Chunin and become a death scythe

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's cray cray.
Yeah,
he's pretty broken. But he does he have the weakness of actually taking more damage than normal from any given attack, so it should be possible to overpower him. Theoretically.

Episode 123 of One Piece.
Stop tripping, Vivi. It's like the fourth time she's tripped in that same day. Also, Crocodile is a true evil monster. Kicking Tashigi while she was down like that was uncalled for. And how dare he attack Robin? Bastard.

He is supposed to
hollowify, get in a giant robot, become a Chunin and become a death scythe
Is this before or after winning the IG-1 and regaining his original body?

Yeah,
he's pretty broken. But he does he have the weakness of actually taking more damage than normal from any given attack, so it should be possible to overpower him. Theoretically.

Oh, that seems like a fair trade-off. One well-timed Luffy punch could do it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
0gdBM7K.png

SOON

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There is no way I'm catching up with one piece in 2 weeks. I haven't even started. :3

Up to One Piece 66....

Luffy's stupidity knows no bounds. And now that they are technically in the Grand Line, unless there is something MAJOR that causes the crew to get off the Grand Line at some point, I find it hard to believe that with the manga/show still going on, they still have not reached the end of the Grand Line.

hahaha, i'm pretty sure i said the same thing about Luffy being a dumbass.

random: Bob's Burgers is coming to Adult Swim.

I have not seen that show before except promos during football season. Is it decent?

Also for some reason I was just randomly thinking "Man, I wish Moltar would make a random cameo sometime..." after seeing that clyde pic.

#TeamMoltar

Tamanon

Banned
random: Bob's Burgers is coming to Adult Swim.

Good on them, Bob's Burgers won me over after I was really skeptical.

Guess this puts the kibosh on the rumors that Fox would pull American Dad/Family Guy later this year if they're adding shows.

I wonder what time slot it will be put in. Will it be subverting one of the multiples of episodes of AD/KOTH/FG or will they sacrifice one of their own series' for it like robot chicken or squidbillies or something?

I guess Sundays at 9pm (currently showing re-runs of Squids) or 10pm (moving the two KOTH eps up to 9).

So, Adult Swim is keeping the shows of FOX so they can make room for their new shows.

Also, my next theory is that as they continue to try to replica the old Toonami feel with the CGI, animations, SARA, and hey, the original Clyde 49 from the old days?

Necrovex

Up to One Piece 66....

And Oda stated last year that the story was only at its halfway point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom