• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I thought the first 15 episodes of SOA were great actually. The first couple ones are the most hype and it starts getting a bit weird after 7 or so episodes but for the most part, it was weird in a good way. Now the REALLY fucking weird shit doesn't come until episode 16-17 and by that point most people will be invested.

SAO should be the good puller, to the curious. Sword Art Online is decent and keeps you in for a bit. It should bring the viewers in and cause anticipation for them enough to wait until 2.

2 weeks to go, lets see.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not too bad. Wish One Piece and Soul Eater got a little higher, but nothing to complain about. I must say, I'm a bit surprised Naruto has been as much of a ratings-bringer as it has been.

Let's keep in mind that they've already stated outright that One Piece's "expected" ratings going into putting it on the air was mid-700ks. It's vastly exceeding its original expectations already at these numbers.

Let's keep in mind that they've already stated outright that One Piece's "expected" ratings going into putting it on the air was mid-700ks. It's vastly exceeding its original expectations already at these numbers.

And for those of you that want SE is break a million, putting SAO behind is it's best chance of that happening. It should easily do better than IGPX just because it's new, even with a somewhat late time slot.

i'm not sure how i feel about that statement. on the one hand, they have no reason to lie about it. but it doesn't really make a lot of sense that they'd put a show in front of Soul Eater, which was getting 900k pretty regularly, and expect mid-700k for ratings.

unless everything's doing above their expectations and they just never adjusted them accordingly.

i'm not sure how i feel about that statement. on the one hand, they have no reason to lie about it. but it doesn't really make a lot of sense that they'd put a show in front of Soul Eater, which was getting 900k pretty regularly, and expect mid-700k for ratings.

unless everything's doing above their expectations and they just never adjusted them accordingly.

Wasn't that mid-700K figure mentioned in response to One Piece's premiere? I would guess that was DeMarco meant. I think the expectation would be OP would grow slowly after that, but it hit a mil on average pretty quick.

Also, while Soul Eater did get bumped, it's also bringing close to a million to a time slot that rarely sniffed it before. If SAO can get SE numbers they'll be happy, above that they'll be ecstatic.

It could be he meant 700k in the 18-49 ([adult swim] ratings system).

well, he didn't say the number 700k so much as that the second week of One Piece where it hit 700k total viewers was in line with their expectations for the show.

mightynine said:
Wasn't that mid-700K figure mentioned in response to One Piece's premiere? I would guess that was DeMarco meant. I think the expectation would be OP would grow slowly after that, but it hit a mil on average pretty quick.

maybe, but having that expectation when they put the show in front of Soul Eater still seems weird to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
well, he didn't say the number 700k so much as that the second week of One Piece where it hit 700k total viewers was in line with their expectations for the show.

maybe, but having that expectation when they put the show in front of Soul Eater still seems weird to me.

It makes sense though, One Piece will be around a lot longer than Soul Eater.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
soul_eater__black_blood_by_tx2-d6dy33k.jpg

Haha.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Case closed is the only other anime that comes to mind that has a ludicrous episode count.

And about half of it is filler. Seriously, if they cut out all the non-cannon episodes it would only have about 300 or so episodes.

Also for the record the Red vs Black arc was godlike. Seriously it was just twelve episodes or so of constant awesome.

Cwarrior

Sao will have good ratings regardless how bad it is for the following reasons.

1.it's new pretty much no one has seen it before the anime was created a few months ago,viewer are going to watch it out of curiosity.
2.good time slot after the heavy hitters
3.the plot is not hard to grasp viewers are familiar with videogames

4.Also it helps unlike one piece they aren't going for maximum confusion by starting many episodes in, but starting from ep1

The question is will the viewers stick around as it spirals deeper and deeper each episode into pure filth or will they abandon the time slot.

Jintor

I honestly can't wait to watch SAO. I watched one episode and though I felt it was a little disquieting and I immediately hated the protagonist I figured it would probably be an alright watch, but never got around to it and by the time I thought about it again :firehawk had swept GAF (probably for very accurate reasons).

But it sounds like exactly the kind of show to watch with ToonamiGAF

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SAO would have to be pretty damn boring for it to be the new Bleach. It would also have to go on for 300 episodes longer than it should.

Dat SAO convo still goin' on? ._.

Welp, in semi-news, Monty Oum's RWBY premieres today. They made a mistake in their episode page, and I may have caught the episode......

1eb1f14826c6938ab62a.png

VAs are so weird, but yes. As my role, the OP is goin' to YouTube. Never mind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also no matter how bad Bleach gets you'd be really dumb to not try and keep the big three together as much as possible. I don't even really like Bleach and fell out of love with Naruto years and years ago but having all three together just feels right and forces me two watch all of them more often than not.

Also Unless they suddenly luck into the rights to DBZ they'll never get anything near as long as even Naruto so keeping the three longest shows together make sense.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Together again for the first time....

1069266_523826751023757_1221228699_n.jpg

So good

Also no matter how bad Bleach gets you'd be really dumb to not try and keep the big three together as much as possible. I don't even really like Bleach and fell out of love with Naruto years and years ago but having all three together just feels right and forces me two watch all of them more often than not.

Also Unless they suddenly luck into the rights to DBZ they'll never get anything near as long as even Naruto so keeping the three longest shows together make sense.

Well unless they decided to get Case Closed, which funnily enough would be really easy to start half way through since every episode has a little explanation of the main plot before the main theme.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Detective Conan/Case Closed is nothing more than the anime equivalent of Law & Order or the 500 crime dramas on CBS. Plot development is almost always brushed aside for the killer of the week.
At this point, the manga has 859 chapters and Conan is still a kid.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan/Case Closed is nothing more than the anime equivalent of Law & Order or the 500 crime dramas on CBS. Plot development is almost always brushed aside for the killer of the week.

At the same time the plot has moved quite a bit since it started, it just tends to move in huge spurts instead of slowly over time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Case Closed had a huge problem that it was too kiddy and formulaic for Adult Swim and too gruesome for afternoon Toonami. It's a good procedural anime/my first detective series show.

Mature

lxP4Unb.gif

How little you know.

Raxus

One thing that bugged me is how connected the main characters were to cases of the week that usually were murders. Talk about bad mojo. Wherever they go there is either a murder, kidnapping, bomb plot, etc. Wonder if Conan and company actually ever had a murder free vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom