• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, I only know of the show through reviews and while I am considering writing a review myself after it's all over I doubt I could do a good a job as firehawk.

His is spot on but that shouldn't stop you! In fact, I think it would be pretty cool if toonami-gaf members wrote reviews of the shows that have completed their runs and then had them incorporated into the OT. Seda (or whoever creates the OT) could put in brief reaction blurbs underneath each banner on the main page. Basically something like the monthly ios gaming threads do but without spoilers of course.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Third season of Hajime no Ippo to air this fall.

Just found this in the anime thread. It's a shame we'll never get any of it on Toonami since it has some really great fights, but for those of you who have a need to continue the adventures of the Bear Killer this is good news. This season also features one of the best villains in the series, which culminates in an amazing fight.

Raxus

Less than 24 hours and we will be free! FREE OF THUNDERCATS.

Fuck you Cheetara and Tygra, fuck you for life

Less than 24 hours and we will be free! FREE OF THUNDERCATS.

Fuck you Cheetara and Tygra, fuck you for life

tumblr_mofngyA7aa1rh9jdmo1_250.gif

tumblr_mjtr9oNgjf1rh9jdmo1_250.gif

Never forget.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know, with shows like Megas XLR and Sym-Bionic Titan getting cancelled early and movies like Pacific Rim greatly under performing in the box office, I think I know what the problem is. Western audiences seem to prefer media where the giant robots are sentient. Like Transformers.
If you control the robot, then nobody will want to watch it. If the robot is alive and talking, then people will come.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Aizen is evolving!, Gaara shows off his powers, Round 2 is a match of Daruma Fell Down (or, basically, Red Light, Green Light), Kid and Black☆Star take on Free, IGPX brings its season 1 finale and the conclusion of the championship match between Team Satomi and Team Velshtein, it's Acperience time again as Renton and Eureka make contact with the Command Cluster and meet some familiar faces, Lion-O has to prove himself to the team but who cares because Thundercats is gone for good after tonight, Sym-Bionic Titan bows out with its epic season/series finale, Olivier has her hands full with General Raven, Gren has a face-to-face with Vicious, and Inuyasha gains a new ability that will prove useful maybe once.

12:00 - Bleach - 307 - Emergency Situation! Aizen, New Evolution!
12:30 - Naruto - 34 - Akamaru Trembles: Gaara's Cruel Strength!
1:00 - One Piece - 216 - Showdown on the Cliff! Red Light, Green Light!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 22 - The Seal Shrine – The Immortal Man's Tricks?
2:00 - IGPX - 13 - Into Tomorrow
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 47 - Acperience 4
3:00 - Thundercats - 15 - Trials of Lion-O, Part 1
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 20 - A New Beginning - END
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 36 - Family Portrait
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 13 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 2)
5:00 - Inuyasha - 73 - Shiori's Family and Inuyasha's Feelings
5:30 - Inuyasha - 74 - The Red Tetsusaiga Breaks the Barrier

By the way, after tonight, Inuyasha is going to jump into a batch of 6 filler episodes, then like 1 or 2 pretty important canon episodes, and then a big batch of mostly (but not quite all) filler for quite a while. This stretch is pretty much where the show loses a whole lot of momentum. Set your sights on about 30 episodes from now for the start of the Band of Seven Arc.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and One Piece is back to canon (for 3 episodes) next week. Actually next week is going to be a lot of fun in general, with a new series/trainwreck, a pretty classic moment on One Piece, the start of IGPX season 2, the return of Big O (II), a fairly significant episode of Bleach (for what it's worth), and what many consider to be THE best Eureka episode.

And probably some craziness on Soul Eater too.

Tenumi

Banned
Hopefully I will be awake enough to make it through Soul Eater this week. Such a pathetic showing from me last week, barely staying awake through Naruto.

These past few weeks have been flying by quick (I'm kinda happy about this since the faster the heat is gone the better). I haven't seen the foxy arc before but I have seen the ending of it before, and I can't wait till that happens. I still remember when Naruto on Toonami back when it was on CN had the
Naruto vs Sasuke fight
and viewership for that episode skyrocketed for the next few days for those episodes.

I'm not saying that will happen with One Piece but if it does then that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath for it though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i actually kinda like InuYasha's filler sometimes. though if it's just random monster of the week stuff, bleh.

It can be sort of nice, it doesn't really alter the formula of the story much and can be a nice distraction before shit gets real. It's not really like Bleach filler, or Naruto's filler hell (Naruto has some good filler coming up).

I saw episode 1 but dropped it because I didn't really like what I saw. Frankly I wasn't about to waste my time watching a show just to rage, not without good reason anyway.

You quit after one episode? That's like the only good one lol this is gonna be so good

Yo yo. Tonight's other night ( Loss of Symbionic :( and THUNDERKITS :D )

For now, I gotta find something to do until Titan's episode is released. Then, Monday/Tuesday's Watamote.

Amikami

Banned
Pacific Rim was freaking awesome. I haven't been this hype during a movie since Dark Knight Rises, might go see it again tomorrow.

Same here. Too good. Still trying to decide which kaiju was my favorite
Leatherback or Otachi

Yep. Takes IGPX's spot and IGPX takes TCat's spot. After that it is Big O Season 2.

So IGPX is getting moved to after Eureka? That means I gotta stay up an extra 30 to see everything. I'm guessing at least till E7 is over. Crap.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Same here. Too good. Still trying to decide which kaiju was my favorite
Leatherback or Otachi

So IGPX is getting moved to after Eureka? That means I gotta stay up an extra 30 to see everything. I'm guessing at least till E7 is over. Crap.

No it's still before Eureka.
The schedule is supposed to be Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, IGPX, Eureka Seven and Big O II.

Amikami

Banned
No it's still before Eureka.
The schedule is supposed to be Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, IGPX, Eureka Seven and Big O II.

Wow. I'm way behind on news. I had no idea about Big O. I should have realized there would be a replacement for both SymTitan and TCats. Great news and bad news. That's a whole hour longer to stay awake. I better take a nap. Thank you.

Edit: DO we know what will replace Eureka?

Wow. I'm way behind on news. I had no idea about Big O. I should have realized there would be a replacement for both SymTitan and TCats. Great news and bad news. That's a whole hour longer to stay awake. I better take a nap. Thank you.

The only show we know is coming is FLCL so I'm going to assume that until told other wise.

LycanXIII

You know, with shows like Megas XLR and Sym-Bionic Titan getting cancelled early and movies like Pacific Rim greatly under performing in the box office, I think I know what the problem is. Western audiences seem to prefer media where the giant robots are sentient. Like Transformers.
If you control the robot, then nobody will want to watch it. If the robot is alive and talking, then people will come.

But Octus was a robot that was alive and talking.

this is all happening NEXT week, by the way

Tamanon

Banned
I'm going to have to record the next two weeks of Toonami dangit. Family is visiting from Ecuador so we're actually going to be doing something on Saturday nights! Just when SAO is getting started and Bleach is hitting finality.

My plan for tonight is to finish watching season 1 of Big O to be ready for next week. I gave up on Eureka 7 it wasn't bad just wasn't feeling the marathon to catch up when it's not only leaving soon, but for most of TGaf this is their 3rd time seeing if it they stay up that late.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm watching someone I usually watch stream on Twitch.tv right now until Toonami.

I'm set for tonight. I actually got some recording set up in case I fall asleep. I am ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom