• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
I still don't understand you, Novid... sorry, man. The world may be full of idiots, but we've gotta live in it.

As for me, I enjoy entertainment. Can't wait to see how next week goes... especially ratings-wise.

Novid

Banned
I still don't understand you, Novid... sorry, man. The world may be full of idiots, but we've gotta live in it.

I read the whole rant and I have no idea what he's talking about

I wrote that rant quick. Let me make this short: Thundercats 2011 came back with great intentions but got killed because of the way the business is now. Nobody pays for shit, nobody knows when the show airs during the week cause everybody else want to promote weak ass nonsense. It still had good ratings but then the toy company sees Saban coming back and you know how Bandai and Saban are tied at the hip. The rest is self explanatory.

Seda

Changed the OP.

Unless anybody comes up with a better thread title suggestion I'll put up the one Raxus suggested soon.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was never much of a fan of Big-O. Don't see myself seeing it again.

Nice banners, btw. I think the line up has variety.

EDIT:

By the way, I can't get over those new voice actors in Bleach. They are fucking TERRIBLE. Generally the dub has gone really downhill, but that...is just TERRIBAD.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ha, nice title change.

So next time Andrex kills himself over One Piece, he's gone for good?

This week is pretty much an exercise in why Luffy is the best major shounen protagonist.

image.php
>>>>>
image.php

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully, because all the last few episodes have shown is that he is dumbest shounen protagonist. And that's a feat with Naruto.

Luffy gets 1) substantially dumber and 2) massively less powerful in filler. (I really can't stress this one enough, it's almost comical how stupidly weak he gets in filler sometimes) General rule of thumb.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Luffy gets 1) substantially dumber and 2) massively less powerful in filler. (I really can't stress this one enough, it's almost comical how stupidly weak he gets in filler sometimes) General rule of thumb.

SPOILERS HERE! (saying this so Seda doesn't ban me).
Pretty much. It's really bad after the time-skip. There's an added scene in his battle with Hody where Hody somehow gets the upper hand despite Luffy outright dominating him in the manga. Then in the short filler arc that follows, the villain manages to beat Luffy badly. It's really damn embarrassing.

Multi rumble ball Chopper with no consequences agrees.

Don't forget "there's nothing I can't cut" Zoro during the Apis arc.

Moaradin

Holy shit I can't believe I never noticed double Zoro. That error is still there on the Funimation release :lol

How does something like that get by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom