• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
well, its simple. the whole premise that CR was the savior of anime has been proven wrong. 4 million a week in the dead of night on a Saturday is nothing to sneeze at. if SAO gets it to 5 million a week, then the advertisers have to arrive. They have no choice.

Tenumi

Banned
well, its simple. the whole premise that CR was the savior of anime has been proven wrong. 4 million a week in the dead of night on a Saturday is nothing to sneeze at. if SAO gets it to 5 million a week, then the advertisers have to arrive. They have no choice.

I don't recall anybody calling CR the "savior of anime", but if SAO hits a million a week, I'll be rejoicing along with everyone else here. I want Toonami to be as successful as it can possibly be, and a successful Toonami can only help the Anime industry.

YES!
49a6837f00c72c76f860cc74a5a0f205.png

:O The fabled quad-million. I never thought i'd see it for myself. It's....so beautiful.

Novid

Banned
I don't recall anybody calling CR the "savior of anime", but if SAO hits a million a week, I'll be rejoicing along with everyone else here. I want Toonami to be as successful as it can possibly be, and a successful Toonami can only help the Anime industry.

This is true. The issue is that will there be another advertising money bubble starting again if SAO does well. Then there will be calls from every tom dick and Larry dubber trying to get his Blu-Ray sales up. What I want them to do is to get Motorcity along with Megas. This is to prevent it looking like its latter days than its former.

Novid

Banned
I sense a issue incoming though.

Bleach to One Piece is fine for the forseeable future.

SAO is 26 episodes so its fine for at least most of the year.

Question is that do they move Inushia and Eureka when they bring there new series? Because I can see a point some time next year they have 7 or 8 million a week.

Novid

Banned
Im not saying shit until SAO ratings are shown. But if they get 5 million a week, you can make the case if toonami aired earlier - they would be in the mid 8 to 9 range, outpacing everything not called Adventure Time or Family Guy.

Would be amazing if Funi got the rights to Hunter X Hunter and dubbed a good amount of episodes by the time SAO ends. So we can wash the bad taste of SAO out with the awesomeness of HxH.

Novid

Banned
Would be amazing if Funi got the rights to Hunter X Hunter and dubbed a good amount of episodes by the time SAO ends. So we can wash the bad taste of SAO out with the awesomeness of HxH.

Problem is do you air the 99 series or the 2011? the manga still hasn't finished, and the 99 series is already dubbed.

Novid

Banned
I don't want to be NickToons Network right now.
Or Disney XD (oh wait they called themselves FANDOM for ComicCon, HAHAHAHA)
They cannot be happy with these numbers every damn week.

ckohler

FOX's new late nite animation block ADHD begins this weekend. It only runs for an hour and a half but part of it runs during Toonami. I seriously doubt it will have any staying power but it may have an impact on Toonami numbers.

Mature

FOX's new late nite animation block ADHD begins this weekend. It only runs for an hour and a half but part of it runs during Toonami. I seriously doubt it will have any staying power but it may have an impact on Toonami numbers.
I saw a commercial for it. I don't expect it to last long.

1 million for 5 shows =/= 5 million

It'll be a re-run of The Cleveland Show going up against Bleach.

I think it'll be ok.

I sense a issue incoming though.

Bleach to One Piece is fine for the forseeable future.

SAO is 26 episodes so its fine for at least most of the year.

Question is that do they move Inushia and Eureka when they bring there new series? Because I can see a point some time next year they have 7 or 8 million a week.

Are you predicting 7 or 8 shows breaking 1M viewers per week? I hope not because you're just setting yourself up for crushing disappointment if so. The numbers were great this past week but lets be realistic here.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Of course we could always get Astral Ocean as the replacement series, which seems to bring Eureka Seven fans down to their knees in weeping anger.

belushy

Banned
I'm a fan of Eureka Seven, but haven't watched AO yet. I've heard it is horrible though which sucks to hear.

I wonder what would replace E7 once it is finally over. Or have they announced that already?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm a fan of Eureka Seven, but haven't watched AO yet. I've heard it is horrible though which sucks to hear.

I wonder what would replace E7 once it is finally over. Or have they announced that already?

Nothing announced yet, but they got to do it soon or else the schedules well tell us anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

They haven't, beyond the fact that Eureka will be leaving the block. One and done for it.

My guess is they're not going to bring in anything too new to take its place given that there's really no room in the lineup before 2:30, so FLCL seems like the smart money. Either that or GITS, but I think GITS may wait until the big purge comes in a few months when IGPX, Big O, and Bebop all end simultaneously.

The time to bring in a major new series (or two) will be early next year as Soul Eater and Sword Art Online will be ending at almost the exact same time.

LycanXIII

They haven't, beyond the fact that Eureka will be leaving the block. One and done for it.

My guess is they're not going to bring in anything too new to take its place given that there's really no room in the lineup before 2:30, so FLCL seems like the smart money. Either that or GITS, but I think GITS may wait until the big purge comes in a few months when IGPX, Big O, and Bebop all end simultaneously.

The time to bring in a major new series (or two) will be early next year as Soul Eater and Sword Art Online will be ending at almost the exact same time.

That's repeating, you silly goose.

Big O Dub 12-13

Wait so they originally just stopped the series at this point and didn't continue it till CT came though in the clutch to fund a second season? WTF kind of ending was that supposed to be? Things were starting to get really interesting and then... nothing D:

This Saturday night is going to be so dope.

Moaradin

I still need to watch Big O. I remember watching the first episode when Toonami came back during april fools and thought it looked pretty good. Hopefully I can catch up before the weekend.

I still need to watch Big O. I remember watching the first episode when Toonami came back during april fools and thought it looked pretty good. Hopefully I can catch up before the weekend.

It's a pretty quick watch, most of the episodes in season 1 are vignette style

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Big O Dub 12-13

Wait so they originally just stopped the series at this point and didn't continue it till CT came though in the clutch to fund a second season? WTF kind of ending was that supposed to be? Things were starting to get really interesting and then... nothing D:

This Saturday night is going to be so dope.

If you think that's a cliffhanger then you're gonna be pissed in 13 weeks time

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Big O basically transforms from monster of the week super robot show to mindfuck-show-that-just-happens-to-have-giant-robots as the series goes on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't think that spoiler is true at all, for what it's worth. Your mileage may vary I suppose.

belushy

Banned

Thanks for the info man. Very helpful.

I'm still holding out for YuYu Hakusho to come on Toonami. Was one of my favorites back in the day. I'm guessing 112 episodes might be too long though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom