• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. How is this going on?
Ichigo loses his powers after the Aizen fight.

Ichigo slowly loses his shinigami powers over time, it isn't an abrupt sort of thing. Part of the arc deals with him having unstable spiritual pressure and not being able to maintain his bankai for long periods of time.

My big problem with the arc was that
Ichigo would've killed the villain easily if he was A) at full power and B) didn't have to deal with the dude's BS zanpakuto ability.
This frustrated me to no end.

Ichigo slowly loses his shinigami powers over time, it isn't an abrupt sort of thing. Part of the arc deals with him have unstable spiritual pressure and not being able to maintain his bankai for long periods of time.

My big problem with the arc was that
Ichigo would've killed the villain easily if he was A) at full power and B) didn't have to deal with the dude's BS zanpakuto ability.
This frustrated me to no end.
Uh huh. How long is this arc?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A whole season, 25 episodes I think

itY16Xp.gif

Another Saturday night without wifi so more toonami gaf on my iPhone. Will probably go over my data limit tonight, I think $10 dollars is worth it for an extra gb this month to enjoy Sao premier with y'all.

ckohler

With people saying tonight's One Piece is great, my knowing tonight's Soul Eater is badass and the premier of SAO and the return of Big O, tonight should be pretty awesome.

I'll be here.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Now that the harry potter movie marathan is over, my t.v is officially on adult swim fir the rest of the night

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm watching the new Beware the Batman over Cleveland Show.
This show is getting slightly better.

BatDan

Real talk, american dad is better than Both cleveland show and family guy

Why they take it off?

You're a TV exec that needs to fill out a specific block of programming. You either go with the show with 11 episodes (so far, there's a Season 2 coming) or the show with 88 episodes (and no more coming).

Yep. The last two were better than the first.

They should incorporate that version of Magpie into the DCU.

Jintor

They should incorporate that version of Magpie into the DCU.

If the DCU was just the 'best ofs' from every incarnation of DC stuff ever I would be so glad. One day I'll make myself a 'perfect timeline' of Batman stuff because fuck actual canon

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Indeed, so far Magpie has been the most interesting of the villains thus far, feels like a diet version of what TAS did with Mr. Freeze.

BatDan

Indeed
She's got Shiny Shiny, Plot, and Backstory

Haha yeah.
I also like that this show isn't as blatantly toy-driven as The Batman (I really didn't like The Batman).

If the DCU was just the 'best ofs' from every incarnation of DC stuff ever I would be so glad. One day I'll make myself a 'perfect timeline' of Batman stuff because fuck actual canon

I should do the same with Spider-Man. Wipe out the Clone Saga, One More Day, Superior Spider-Man, and any other story that doesn't make a lick of sense and incorporate elements from Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spectacular Spider-Man, and for fun that Tokusatsu show.

Jintor

I somehow ended up watching all of The Batman on the strength of Barbara Gordon being a combination of Steph Brown and Barbs.

One day Cass Cain will make it into a DCAU and I will finally be happy.

BatDan

I somehow ended up watching all of The Batman on the strength of Barbara Gordon being a combination of Steph Brown and Barbs.

One day Cass Cain will make it into a DCAU and I will finally be happy.

Dan DiDio: Who?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Haha yeah.
I also like that this show isn't as blatantly toy-driven as The Batman (I really didn't like The Batman).

I should do the same with Spider-Man. Wipe out the Clone Saga, One More Day, Superior Spider-Man, and any other story that doesn't make a lick of sense and incorporate elements from Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spectacular Spider-Man, and for fun that Tokusatsu show.

Superior is pretty fun if you actually give it a chance. The problem is that it's the kind of thing that doesn't really work in a serialized setting. It'd make a great movie or book. It's basically a train wreck and you aren't sure if you should be rooting for Otto or not as he slowly goes back towards being a super-villain.

Welp, I watched the Kenny West parts, everything else killed me.

The Boondocks S4 is still being decided. I hope that the legal issues are thrown away and next week is the start of the new season.

Tonight's Boondocks is the final episode of S1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom