• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

The Dark Tournament might be my favorite arc of all time across any anime. It's so freaking good, I feel like the series should have ended after that. Watching YYH after DT felt like watching Michael Jordan come back and play for the Wizards - initial hype followed by crushing disappointment.

Nah, more so Batman TAS feels

Chapter Black was great.

Yu Yu at it's worse is still better than most shounen shit I see today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YYH is on my list of shows that didn't get a fair shake on AS/Toonami along with G Gundam. I think they would do quite well on this new nostalgia driven, fan orientated Toonami.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The Dark Tournament might be my favorite arc of all time across any anime. It's so freaking good, I feel like the series should have ended after that. Watching YYH after DT felt like watching Michael Jordan come back and play for the Wizards - initial hype followed by crushing disappointment.

Nah, more so Batman TAS feels
It was so obviously going to be this big huge war and yusuke would have to fight his friends and all kinds of epic shit, but by the end u can tell the author just wanted it to end

mhs004

The dark tournament arc is my third favorite shonen arc with HxH's yorkshin and OP's Water 7 arc above it.

Everyone should be exited for the Water 7 arc many tears will be shed.

foxuzamaki

The dark tournament arc is my third favorite shonen arc with HxH's yorkshin and OP's Water 7 arc above it.

Everyone should be exited for the Water 7 arc many tears will be shed.
I don't think it truly gets good til
cp-9 arc
but I wasent blown away by this arc it also started to drag on like pretty much every OP arc, also
the merry go coming back from the "dead"
is really cheesy

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Let's be honest, 3-5 am are even worse timeslots yet this block pulls out ridiculous numbers for those slots because of the strength of it.

They basically should have done this six or seven years ago; turned anime action AS into Toonami fullstop. They definitely had enough back catalog and great new additions over that timespan to get the people excited. Their regular schedule works fine Sunday-Thursday, Friday is a lost cause no matter what but Saturday is the perfect night to market to this sort of nerd.

mhs004

I don't think it truly gets good til
cp-9 arc
but I wasent blown away by this arc it also started to drag on like pretty much every OP arc, also
the merry go coming back from the "dead"
is really cheesy

Well I myself shed man tears....many many man tears.

foxuzamaki

Confession time: The only episode I've ever seen of YYH is the one they aired during the April Fool's Toonami broadcast on AS.
You need to watch it, like right now, make sure the dub is uncut when you do, yuske's VA really shines when he does t have to censor what he says

Cwarrior

*bro-fist* you can see so much inspiration from hakasho in bleach they even basically copypasted a later yu yu hakasho arc for one of bleach's filler

That's understandable cause bleach and yu yu hakusho anime are by the same anime director Noriyuki Abe(also director for Flame of recca and GTO) both share some of the same staff since both are by studio pierrot,

Story wise Yoshihiro Togashi is one the best manga writer out there and one the pioneers that pushes the shounen genre forward so it's also understandable a lot of mangka borrow a lot from his properties.

foxuzamaki

That's understandable cause bleach and yu yu hakusho anime are by the same anime director Noriyuki Abe(also director for Flame of recca and GTO) both share some of the same staff since both are by studio pierrot,
Ahhh thanks for that, didn't know this
Another thing I loved about YuYu was the opening English theme.
Omg dude yu yu's english ops and eds are simply the best
Like this http://youtu.be/x2mlL1DcPM8
And my favorite http://youtu.be/0HOiwTuhhKY
(Posting links via phone is very timeconsuming)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Speaking of Bleach: Why is there a filler arc after the Aiken fight?

1BnZCs6l.jpg

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom