• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be better off dying from starvation than trying to steal Hot Pockets from me.

Be real with us, Andrex - this is you on the right, isn't it?
y6SzA2b.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
E7 is one they can't rerun and there's no way they'll give another episode to any of the shows besides maaaybe Naruto.

I think it likely goes:

1. FLCL- Short and perfect schedule filler.
2. GitS - They seemingly have the rights for this forever ala Bebop and Inuyasha.

Then it gets weird: I don't think its something new; if they had something new to run they probably would have gone with it first instead of Big O Season 2 this week.

It could be an Adult Swim classic or another Funimation channel castoff.
They might throw a swerve and bring back yu yuu hakasho uncut or rouroni kenshin
yu yu hakasho uncut is one of the best dubs I ever got the pleasure of hearing

mhs004

SAO comes on at 2 AM Eastern, 1 AM Central. Big O is 3:30 Eastern, 2:30 Central.
Hunter x Hunter is... not on Toonami.

I know I'm just saying after Soul Eater is when I stop toonami and will watch HxH. I'll wait till tomorrow or later tonight this time I meant.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Every time I try and catch up on Soul Eater I run into a problem; it's too interesting visually to watch while doing something else which means I usually turn something more boring on to watch while grinding in a game/talking on forums/getting my work done so the only time I usually have free to watch it I'm too exhausted and fall asleep five minutes into it.

I've been trying to catch up for a month now and have finished the first four episodes. Meanwhile in the background I've listened to three gigantic books and two whole 50 episode hour long shows on Netflix because they weren't as visually appealing.

Every time I try and catch up on Soul Eater I run into a problem; it's too interesting visually to watch while doing something else which means I usually turn something more boring on to watch while grinding in a game/talking on forums/getting my work done so the only time I usually have free to watch it I'm too exhausted and fall asleep five minutes into it.

I've been trying to catch up for a month now and have finished the first four episodes. Meanwhile in the background I've listened to three gigantic books and two whole 50 episode hour long shows on Netflix because they weren't as visually appealing.

You're missing out dude. Do you have netflix? I think it's still on there if you want to catch up.

They might throw a swerve and bring back yu yuu hakasho uncut or rouroni kenshin
yu yu hakasho uncut is one of the best dubs I ever got the pleasure of hearing

I would truly love to see either show back on Toonami. Especially YYH, it's been years, and the entire last season was played out at like 5 AM my time.

For those that missed last week or need a refresher, here's what happened on Bleach.

Haha, it's funny because it's true.

As a long time lurker I've been aware of a lot of toonamigaf's inside jokes :p

Yeah, I can't say I've ever really lurked gaf. I just decided to see how long it would take me to get in once I signed up (1 month and 2 days, for the record!). Well, that and the community sounded interesting.

Gooooood. Gooooood.
We need some venom here, especially since Bleach is going into a loooong filler arc.

Well, I'm not sure how far is too far on GAF, but I'm sure the entire second half of SAO will be full of me complaining. It was my first time watching through it. Fortunately, these first few episodes are excellent!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You're missing out dude. Do you have netflix? I think it's still on there if you want to catch up.

I think you misunderstood me, I am watching it on Netflix and have been for the past month. I'm too damn busy to devote enough time to watch it, yet it also is just below the threshold where I can take time out of my short leisure schedule to devote enough time to watch it properly.

I've been watching it five minutes at a time for about four weeks and have barely finished the first four episodes. At this rate I'll never catch up.

The same thing happened back in the day when it was on the Funimation Channel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Truefact: GXP was more entertaining to experience (especially with live chatting) then almost all of TCats which besides a few brief moments of outrage and a really good beginning is just a boring show.

I'd rather suffer in style then watch something boring like T Cats ever again.

Seda

Truefact: GXP was more entertaining to experience (especially with live chatting) then almost all of TCats which besides a few brief moments of outrage and a really good beginning is just a boring show.

Better to be completely bad in a ridiculous way rather than boring I suppose.

i dunno, there's nothing worse than failed comedy if you ask me.

ReiGun

Just saw a commercial for SAO. I was planning on watching the series, so I guess I'll just peep it on Toonami with y'all.

Confession time I dropped SAO after
it getted incesty.

I'll stick with it while it's on Toonami though.

There's still a shocking amount of weirdness
besides the incest
in that arc.

*bro-fist* you can see so much inspiration from hakasho in bleach they even basically copypasted a later yu yu hakasho arc for one of bleach's filler

Agreed, you can draw a lot of parallels between the two

- Both protagonists live in single parent households
- Both protagonists are killed in the first episode
- Both protagonists train with some old wise person (Genkai/Urahara) to increase their spiritual energy
- Both series revolve around fighting demons and have supernatural elements
- Both protagonists can transform
- Both protagonists are a mix of human and "demon" (hollows are pretty much demons)
- Spirit World and Seritei and essentially the same thing
- Bleach
fullbring
arc is similar to the start of the YYH chapter black arc

I could go on

I remember that, it goes
into this civil war arc while the manga got into a timeskip

Be careful with your spoilers, be sure to use the tags. I'm a nazi about that sort of thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i dunno, there's nothing worse than failed comedy if you ask me.

And as bad as Pumyra's out-of-nowhere betrayal is, it's still better than Seina getting gang-raped. Either way, both endings leave bad tastes.

Kenturoxx

Wow I thought it was starting in August or something. Looks like I will finally be tuning in today.

Is One Piece into the
Water 7
arc yet?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There's still a shocking amount of weirdness
besides the incest
in that arc.

Agreed, you can draw a lot of parallels between the two

- Both protagonists live in single parent households
- Both protagonists are killed in the first episode
- Both protagonists train with some old wise person (Genkai/Urahara) to increase their spiritual energy
- Both series revolve around fighting demons and have supernatural elements
- Both protagonists can transform
- Both protagonists are a mix of human and "demon" (hollows are pretty much demons)
- Spirit World and Seritei and essentially the same thing
- Bleach
fullbring
arc is similar to the start of the YYH chapter black arc

I could go on

Be careful with your spoilers, be sure to use the tags. I'm a nazi about that sort of thing.
Yup indeed

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YYH also started a big DBZ style tournament/fight when the ratings on the whole spirit detective angle weren't great and at almost the same time Bleach did.

The original concept of both is still more entertaining then what we end up with though YYH is overall the better show by leaps and bounds.

YYH also started a big DBZ style tournament/fight when the ratings on the whole spirit detective angle weren't great and at almost the same time Bleach did.

The original concept of both is still more entertaining then what we end up with though YYH is overall the better show by leaps and bounds.

The Dark Tournament might be my favorite arc of all time across any anime. It's so freaking good, I feel like the series should have ended after that. Watching YYH after DT felt like watching Michael Jordan come back and play for the Wizards - initial hype followed by crushing disappointment.

does Big O give anyone else weird Scooby-Doo vibes

Nah, more so Batman TAS feels

belushy

Banned
The Dark Tournament might be my favorite arc of all time across any anime. It's so freaking good, I feel like the series should have ended after that. Watching YYH after DT felt like watching Michael Jordan come back and play for the Wizards - initial hype followed by crushing disappointment.

Nah, more so Batman TAS feels

I liked
Chapter Black
but the
Three Kings
wasn't really that good. The arc started out strong in the beginning in my opinion, but it felt really rushed at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom