• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

In all seriousness though, I think it's the animation style that does it for me. I really find the style of both OP and SE off-putting. The characters in OP are too outlandish for me to take seriously, and the characters in SE aren't humorous or interesting enough to hold my interest.

It's not that either one is a bad anime, and I totally get why people like them. They're just not my cup of tea.

Urgh, a question of taste! An unwinnable argument.

ReiGun

I think the last time I watched AS I was a freshman (so 2006), and there was lots of alcohol involved.
I only watch The Boondocks and Black Dynamite, really. I also checked out the Robot Chicken DC special, but that was really only cause it was DC. lol

Anyone else think the One Piece is the only good anime/manga out of the big three? It's the only one that I enjoy.
Eh, I suppose. It's the best of the three I think, but they're all flawed in their own ways (and even in some of the same ways lol).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone else think the One Piece is the only good anime/manga out of the big three? It's the only one that I enjoy.

I like Shippuden quite a bit, there's a lot of annoying parts (filler, underused characters) but the fights are almost always interesting and dynamic, and I really like the plot as well. It feels different to me for some reason, and although it clearly has this big plot it actually doles out plot developments in good increments (Sasuke vs. Itachi, Pain, Tobi, etc.)

Bleach and One Piece are garbage-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom