• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who didn't see the first 200 episodes of OP

Bellemere is Nami's adoptive mother, she was killed by a fishman named Arlong who dominated the island she grew up on. Nami joined his pirate crew to raise money to buy back the village.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BELLEMERE HAD A CIGARETTE ORIGINALLY!?!

..............man, it's been so many years since I saw the 4Kids version. Least it wasn't a "sucker"...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If I recall, the off-model was really bad this arc. That's what happens when Toei does their own material without Oda's panels.

Whee, watching Naruto tonight reminded me just how much I loved the Chuunin exam arc.

And here's hoping FMA: Brotherhood stays on Toonami a long while. It'd be a shame for them to lose it.

Robin should have just sung the 4Kids opening.

His name is Luffy.
That's Monkey D. Luffy.
Gonna be king of the pirates!
He's made of rubber. How did that happen?
Yo-ho-ho he took a bite of Gum Gum.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well it's up to Chapter ~720 as a weekly series.

Doing the math, and assuming no breaks, that puts it around the late 90s for a debut.

Like I said earlier, it debuted in Jump in 1997. Yeah, it's been running for a while.

Jintor

pffft, Zoro and his swords

That wasn't horrible. Much better than that other filler arc I sat through in OP... can't remember what it was anymore.

Amikami

Banned
Well it's up to Chapter ~720 as a weekly series.

Doing the math, and assuming no breaks, that puts it around the late 90s for a debut.

Yeah, from what I hear it's started in 1997 before Naruto which was '99? Also, from the sounds of it, it will long out-live Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom