• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Funimation just announced that One Piece: Strong World will be coming out November 10th. Possible movie night sometime after that?

Not until we catch up to it, it'll have two characters on the crew that we wouldn't have even met yet. Maybe after we get to
Thriller Bark

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not until we catch up to it, it'll have two characters on the crew that we wouldn't have even met yet. Maybe after we get to
Thriller Bark

Funimation hasn't gotten to
Brook
in the DVD releases, and he's in Strong World.
If we wait, it's going to be a looooooong time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
22 more weeks. :(

tumblr_mes4xdlIlE1qj5jqso2_500.gif

tumblr_mes4xdlIlE1qj5jqso3_500.gif

tumblr_mes4xdlIlE1qj5jqso4_500.gif

tumblr_mes4xdlIlE1qj5jqso7_500.gif

Amikami

Banned
22 more weeks. :(

Till the start of that opening? Love that OP. I'm worried it may be cut horribly though. Wasn't it said in their last Q&A session that only the first show in the lineup would have the full OP? I would like to think they won't change a thing though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well, did the original American airing have the full OP? Maybe Naruto did the thing Bleach did and have some kind of bonus stuff at the end of each ep or something which is cut from the dub.

Maron

Just tell me who is voicing Brook!

Movie's coming on Blu-Ray and DVD November 19th, and they won't tell us who is doing Brook although they are doing a contest where people guess who is his voice actor, and another contest where people draw submissions for the Season 5 Voyage 5 cover.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Till the start of that opening? Love that OP. I'm worried it may be cut horribly though. Wasn't it said in their last Q&A session that only the first show in the lineup would have the full OP? I would like to think they won't change a thing though.
Bebop and Inuyasha have their full OPs.

but Bebop's ending is cut entirely, and InuYasha's was hilariously sped up last i checked; they'd probably have had VIZ cut it if they knew this would happen.

i know, but i'm saying your examples all have reasons for being able to keep the opening intact.

though that's true, Naruto's rather short ending might mean it doesn't get cut.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Inuyasha's full opening always creeps me out because they never aired it at all during its initial run and now its on while they cut the crap out of the good endings to make up for it!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Inuyasha's full opening always creeps me out because they never aired it at all during its initial run and now its on while they cut the crap out of the good endings to make up for it!

Yup, sucks. Who should we tweet to fix this? Funi?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Troy baker or Nolan north for brook!

Troy Baker is more likely considering he's done work with Funimation bef- FOOL! My voice acting legend dates back to the 2004 century.
He was on Black Cat, One Piece, and FMA Brotherhood. There's something el- FOOL! Do not underestimate the powers of the new Joker. He and I go way back, when I had to save the community center.

Joking aside, I see the role going to Mignona or Jewell. Neither has had major roles in One Piece yet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Troy Baker is more likely considering he's done work with Funimation bef- FOOL! My voice acting legend dates back to the 2004 century.
He was on Black Cat, One Piece, and FMA Brotherhood. There's something el- FOOL! Do not underestimate the powers of the new Joker. He and I go way back, when I had to save the community center.

Joking aside, I see the role going to Mignona or Jewell. Neither has had major roles in One Piece yet.
Vic wanted to be Brook, too.

Seda

Watched the first season of Big O. I had seen several of the episodes before but not the as whole from start to finish.

Episode 9 was my favorite.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season 2 is overall better but it has a weaker ending.

Both were attempts at getting more Big O made; the first one worked eventually, the second one did not.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know if I'd call s1 or s2 worse than the other. I'd say they're equal. Different, but complementary. It comes down to which you prefer (episodic or arc-based.)

It's probably hard for me to judge because I watched both seasons without really thinking and analyzing everything, or indeed even knowing where the season breaks were. It was also before I really used the internet and turned into one of those internet curmudgeons that nitpicks the shit out of everything.

(This is kinda like how I view Seinfeld, some people can't stand the later seasons but TBH I was hard pressed to tell any sort of difference (aside from s1/s2) in any of the episodes.)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Isn't it usually considered to be worse?

I think I recall some of Season 2 but it's very hazy.

It's not worse, it just has a different tone. It's darker and not as episodic as season 1. For some people that makes it worse, others it makes it better. The ending isn't as good because they thought they might get another season so they made it a non-ending ending. You know the kind, it ends but there are still loose ends they never got to so you expect it to continue but it doesn't. It's a shame because I remember the creators talking about what they might have done at one point with a season 3 and it sounded cool.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The art takes a notch up and there's an obvious break point; it'd be hard for someone to not notice the changeover at all between season 1 and 2.

Azure J

So after a run through of the most recent Hunter X Hunter anime this past week, I am convinced that's another show that'd be glorious to watch with ToonamiGAF.

[/random statement]

I like how the song incorporates a scary sounding piano part, which of course is Soul's specialty. In the Manga, they flesh out Soul's backstory further and you learn he comes from a musical heritage.

My favorite song on the soundtrack is "Never Lose Myself", Black Star's theme. Read the lyrics, they fit him perfectly:

http://youtu.be/s6JX7W02-bc

I don't think I can name favorites from all of Soul Eater without listing nearly everything involved with its musical productions. I've always been a fan of Salve Maria, Lady of Gorgon (love the serenity of the theme giving way to this bombastic and sinister sound as the song plays out) and Schlachtschiff.

Also, for as much as I swear by the first opening, the opening for the Monotone Princess, "Soul's Crossing" (done by the same artist, TM Revolution) is good beyond words. Just listen.

Articalys

I swear I read recently that when asked about HxH, VIZ replied they were interested but someone else beat them to it.
Correct
Viz Facebook on May 17 said:
Q: I hope you guys consider dubbing Hunter x Hunter (2011) in the future. I would love to see how you guys handle the dub and i would love to purchase the DVD's for it.

Viz: This is the reboot right? We put in an offer for it, but we didn't get the deal. The Japanese licensor doesn't have to let the people who didn't get it a notice of who got it, so we'll just have to wait for the announcement. Either way, who ever has it paid a pretty pretty penny for it...

Maron

Yep. And wow, that post from VIZ makes me think even more that FUNimation has it. Who knows, maybe they'll announce it Sunday.

Raxus

Who dubbed the Yu Yu? Funimation no?

I just want that talent to carry over to Fucked x Fucked.

Who would be a good fit for Hisoka? SCHWING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom