• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good news: after this episode, there will only be 2 more filler episodes and 5 episodes total remaining in this arc.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Now that I think about it, Ino stepping in isn't really that big of a moment. They're all from the same village, they sorta have an obligation to help. It sucks that they didn't help earlier. It just robs Sakura of her moment.

Anyway, time for some One Piece to cleanse my pallet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This show making Luffy out to be some badass instead of a clown on roller skates = me going
KuGsj.gif
e5YuU.gif

Maron

Oh well, at least the animation in this episode's pretty. One of my favorite Animation Directors of OP got to handle it.

Amikami

Banned

Here goes what I recall. Spoilers.

No one ever dies on the show. They either faint or disappear. They aren't allowed to say the word death or die.

For example, Iruka's parents are said to have been Kidnapped by the ninetails instead of killed.

Similar case with Sasuke.
It completely disregards the Uchiha genocide and Itachi tells Sasuke that he kidnapped the intire clan to test his powers. Sasuke's goal is not to 'kill' Itachi, but to find his missing family. Itachi tells Sasuke to get the 'kaleidoscope' Sharingan, he must betray his best friend. Doesn't make sense because he betrays Naruto just a few episodes later.

Against Kiba's fight with Sakon and Ukon, he stabs himself with a neon laser stick rather than a Kunai.

There's some things I'm not remembering but yeah, it makes the show extremely inconsistent...assuming this is all true. It's hard to believe.

pirata

So before we go on to the next show, I heard some ridiculous details about the German dub of Naruto. Dat censorship good lord.

And I though us American kids had it bad growing up.

That's the interesting thing about post-WWII German culture. Sexuality is normal and encouraged (and nudity is seen as no big deal), while violence is somewhat taboo. Hence, heavily-censored violence in media imported from other countries (like video games), but loads of nudity and sexuality in German media (such as pictures of bare breasts on the 6 o'clock news). It's generally the opposite of the US.

Here goes what I recall. Spoilers.

No one ever dies on the show. They either faint or disappear. They aren't allowed to say the word death or die.

For example, Iruka's parents are said to have been Kidnapped by the ninetails.

Similar case with Sasuke.
It completely disregards the Uchiha genocide and Itachi tells Sasuke that he kidnapped the intire clan to test his powers. Sasuke's goal is not to 'kill' Itachi, but find his missing family. Itachi tells Sasuke to get the 'kaleidoscope' Sharingan, he must betray his best friend. Doesn't make sence because he betrays Naruto just a few episodes later.

There's some things I'm not remembering but yeah, it makes the show extremely inconsistent.
That is absolutely rediculous, sounds on par with the 4kids OP dub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom