• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
well, this one's alright now. i'm still incredibly confused as to why they started with the fucking Yoda episode

1st episodes atleast for american television are always pilot episodes, they're usually to give you a sense of what the show is about and to impress the fat cats enough to fund the rest of the season

For all that posturing about not letting any of his men die and whatnot, Anakin sure got over their deaths pretty quickly. I mean, I know they're clones and all, but that's fucked up. Time for Big O.

Seda

I'm still kinda lost.

Finally caught up to live. I'll agree with Meta's take: this Shinji is better than TV/EoE version.

We'll I certainly don't understand everything, but I'm still glad I saw the series first. I'd just be even more lost. And yes, this Shinji manned the hell up - didn't whine as much in general.

Having Toji be the pilot of Eva 03 and corresponding scene was much better in the original show though.

this is getting scary

Maybe we've walked past each other on high st lol

As a U of M guy, I guess that means we are now supposed to be mortal enemies.

I honestly don't follow U of M sports enough to care, really.

I don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan

Born and raised in Columbus but you're all right in my book, even if you went to that school up north

We'll I certainly don't understand everything, but I'm still glad I saw the series first. I'd just be even more lost. And yes, this Shinji manned the hell up - didn't whine as much in general.

Having Toji be the pilot of Eva 03 and corresponding scene was much better in the original show though.

Yeah I'm liking what they did with the rebuild, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to someone over the OG series

yami4ct

I agree the buildup and the aftermath of that moment is better in the show, but I like the actual moment of berserk better in the film. It feels much more visceral and violent. You also have that amazing backing track which like doubles the impact of the scene for me. Without that track, I'd be right with you preferring the show version.

Azure J

Watching Big O after Evangelion would be such a hard sell for me if this soundtrack didn't make everything go down smooth.

yami4ct

Yeah I'm liking what they did with the rebuild, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to someone over the OG series

Rebuild is an interesting experiment. Especially after part 3.0, it's fascinating to see Anno's meta commentary evolve. As a piece of storytelling, though, rebuild is pretty garbage. Characters are no where near where they should be and bigger chunks of the plot are nearly incoherent compared to the original show.

OG Eva is a master work in character development, straight read themes and meta commentary. Nearly perfect on every level. Rebuild is fun, and does some stuff better like the end of 2.0, but it doesn't reach 1/2 the heights that the original does.

Rebuild is an interesting experiment. Especially after part 3.0, it's fascinating to see Anno's meta commentary evolve. As a piece of storytelling, though, rebuild is pretty garbage. Characters are no where near where they should be and bigger chunks of the plot are nearly incoherent compared to the original show.

OG Eva is a master work in character development, straight read themes and meta commentary. Nearly perfect on every level. Rebuild is fun, and does some stuff better like the end of 2.0, but it doesn't reach 1/2 the heights that the original does.

I agree with all of that

Someone is killing all the robots. Better call X.

Good guess, but there's only one android for this caper:

jDKxjwtl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom