• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Rebuild is an interesting experiment. Especially after part 3.0, it's fascinating to see Anno's meta commentary evolve. As a piece of storytelling, though, rebuild is pretty garbage. Characters are no where near where they should be and bigger chunks of the plot are nearly incoherent compared to the original show.

OG Eva is a master work in character development, straight read themes and meta commentary. Nearly perfect on every level. Rebuild is fun, and does some stuff better like the end of 2.0, but it doesn't reach 1/2 the heights that the original does.

I think rebuild was made on the assumption that most people who are going to see it already seen the OG series

yami4ct

I think rebuild was made on the assumption that most people who are going to see it already seen the OG series

Even that being the case, while it does a great job of exploiting viewer expectations, as a piece of media it is at times incoherent. Assuming knowledge of the series doesn't forgive bad explanation of development and motivations. Also, 3.0 is utter crap as a single piece of media. I still adore it as a piece of expectation and fan trolling. It's fun on a different level, but Rebuild isn't near as smart.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Big O is sooooooooooooo awesome.

iLzUhpD.gif

JB2448

Chiaki J. Konaka is a pretty awesome writer, and I really love the way the plot and characters of The Big O develop over the course of the series, especially during the second season. "Eyewitness" is a really awesome episode, too.

And damn, Steve Blum is such a good voice actor.

Chiaki J. Konaka is a pretty awesome writer, and I really love the way the plot and characters of The Big O develop over the course of the series, especially during the second season. "Eyewitness" is a really awesome episode, too.

And damn, Steve Blum is such a good voice actor.
Welcome to toonami gaf, don't think I've seen you here before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom