• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the sequel series where him, his bodyguard and his two goofball sons go on adventures and fight some weirdo in a butterfly costume.
VBJQComparison3.png

There is a bit more to it then that
usopp has always felt inadequate and weak compared to the rest of the crew and he had just failed to protect the money from franky. Combo those feelings of failure with Luffy's "the ship is beyond saving" comments and it's the perfect recipe for a melt down. As Usopp says "you're going to be king of the pirates you don't need allies who will slow you down" and that's he he's always felt

Very true, Oda sure knows how to tug on my heart strings. I've always gotten kind of annoyed at how useless Ussop can be at times but this arc has really made me realize that he is the closest member of the crew (besides Nami) to being a normal 17 year old kid. Everyone else has these incredible powers but Ussop is really just a normal guy traveling around the Grand Line with a bunch of superhuman pirates. I gained a lot of respect for Ussop and can really sympathize with how he's feeling.
Hopefully this melt down smoothes over and he comes back to the crew.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It shows you're brave, when I was a junior I was super selective with where and what I posted because of how easy it is to get banned. You joined as a junior and just rolled with it like you've been here for years.

For real, you've gotta tread lightly as a junior.

foxuzamaki had to wait a grand total of four days to get his account approved.

That's funny considering there are people who had to wait years.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ive been a lurker for a while, so I knew that not being stupid would keep you from being banned, plus I post alot in community type threads, also, I know to keep out of certain topics, I know by instinct for instance yesterday with the "is obama a bad president?" thread, I didnt even go into it to read the OP, I already know the results, same with certain thread topics in gaming side, especially gaming side.

Ive been a lurker for a while, so I knew that not being stupid would keep you from being banned, plus I post alot in community type threads, also, I know to keep out of certain topics, I know by instinct for instance yesterday with the "is obama a bad president?" thread, I didnt even go into it to read the OP, I already know the results, same with certain thread topics in gaming side, especially gaming side.
Huh Ive been a junior for a few months now and all I do is just be nice to people and don't say anything offense and nothing bad has happened yet. Ive posted in threads like that before and nothing has happened yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Huh Ive been a junior for a few months now and all I do is just be nice to people and don't say anything offense and nothing bad has happened yet. Ive posted in threads like that before and nothing has happened yet.

So long as you go into a thread, don't be a dick and only work with facts you'll be fine in any thread.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
well going into those topics doesnt automatically mean your banned, but if you get into an argument because of a disagreement you have to tread carefully. thats the main issue, also being one of those guys who brings up racist or sexist things and then apparently have no idea that they were racist and/or sexist is also a issue, thats when the not being dumb comes in.

So long as you go into a thread, don't be a dick and only work with facts you'll be fine in any thread.

In that case kind of surprised I haven't gotten into any serious trouble for all my hatin on soul eater.

well going into those topics doesnt automatically mean your banned, but if you get into an argument because of a disagreement you have to tread carefully. thats the main issue, also being one of those guys who brings up racist or sexist things and then apparently have no idea that they were racist and/or sexist is also a issue, thats when the not being dumb comes in.

Yep I do indeed see that happen sometimes. How do I become a member anyway? I thought all I had to do was wait it out but my brother became a member and we signed up almost right after each other.

Seda

Open mod comment: some of the mods are cracking down on 'thread whining' ("Why is this a thread?"/"Another one of these threads..."/"Again with this stuff?") and 'hiveminding' ("GAF hates"/"GAF loves"/"Nobody on GAF cares about...") They are also easy bans because is a pretty black and white offense. It's not something new, just they aren't putting up with it anymore.

The ban durations are usually short, but not for juniors.

Yep I do indeed see that happen sometimes. How do I become a member anyway? I thought all I had to do was wait it out but my brother became a member and we signed up almost right after each other.

94 more posts.

I got hit with the ban hammer once for thread whining, never made that mistake again. It was only a week long vacation if I remember correctly but still not worth it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I used to get banned a lot back when I actually gave a toss about console warz. Now that I don't, and I stick mostly to community threads, it's been a bit.

Well, I was banned last Christmas for making a joke about DCharlie, but he got perma'd in the process so it worked out. :D

(Note: Me and DC are actually BFF's. <3)

Tamanon

Banned
Easiest way to not get banned is to not make anything personal.

Attack the argument, not the person. I've only been clipped one time in my ....12? years here and that was because someone misunderstood Drew Bledsoe's fake Tony Romo fansite. And this is with the reputation as a Professional Bastard!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I used to get banned a lot back when I actually gave a toss about console warz. Now that I don't, and I stick mostly to community threads, it's been a bit.

Well, I was banned last Christmas for making a joke about DCharlie, but he got perma'd in the process so it worked out. :D

(Note: Me and DC are actually BFF's. <3)

That's pretty awesome.

I have been banned about 8 times, but most of them were ban bets I lost (and one I won but the mod got pissed and banned me anyway). I've also had one rescinded due to the fight for free speech last year. I've only really been banned where I 100% deserve it once...

Funny thing is I hardly ever post in Gaming.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Speaking of posters who have been here for a while...

gj, you need to post more. :( Remember the times we used to have?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom