• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically:

23rd Budokai:
-Beats Krillin
-Beats Kami
-Loses to Goku and fleas

Saiyan Arc:
-Kills Raditz with Goku's help
-Trains Gohan for the Saiyans
-Becomes emotionally attached to Gohan, and sacrifices himself for Gohan against Nappa

Frieza Arc:
-Is wished back to life
-Fuses with Nail, but still fails to beat Frieza
-AND THAT WASN'T EVEN FRIEZA'S FINAL FORM

Android Arc:
-Trains with Goku and Gohan
-Beats Dr. Gero, but Gero escapes
-Gets ass kicked by the Android.

Cell arc:
-Fuses with Kami
-Discovers Cell, but Cell escapes
-Tries to beat Androids, but is equal to Seventeen in strength
-Cell senses the battle against Seventeen and shows up absorb the Androids.
-Cell kicks Piccolo's ass
-AND THAT WASN'T EVEN CELL'S FINAL FORM
-Trains in Time Chamber for Cell Games
-Does OK against a Cell Jr

Buu arc:
-Forfeits against Kaioshin
-Turned to stone against Dabura (back to normal when Dabura dies)
-Tries to kill Babidi, but he survives
-Back to Saiyan arc role of babysitting half-Saiyans, by teaching them fusion
-Gotenks fails to beat Super Buu
-AND THAT WASN'T EVEN BUU'S FINAL FORM
-Gets absorbed by Super Buu
-Goku and Vegeta free him, only for Kid Buu to kill Piccolo.

I'll admit by the 3rd one I was in hysterics

I just watched Piccolo's time as head of the roster in DBZ Kai and he basically fucks up twice worse than Goku ever did; he lets Cell escape when he could have killed him easily and can't get the job done against 17 when he's at least a little bit more powerful than him.

The Cell part of the android arc was an amazing look at how each an every z-fighter ends up just making the situation worse until the very end. If I was the dragon I would be real pissed because there was at least half a dozen or more stuff they could have done before tons were killed, etc.

I just watched Piccolo's time as head of the roster in DBZ Kai and he basically fucks up twice worse than Goku ever did; he lets Cell escape when he could have killed him easily and can't get the job done against 17 when he's at least a little bit more powerful than him.

How did Cell escape again? Memoir really hazey there.

MikeMyers

He escaped via Solar Flare.

Don't forget, it was his battle against Seventeen that gave their location away to Cell, as he sensed the battle going on.

Chaotzu is clearly the smartest character, he wrote himself out of the story before everyone got dumb.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Exactly right. The only catastrophic mistake worse in the arc is possibly Vegeta letting Cell become Perfect but in terms of dead bodies Piccolo's mistakes costs them tens of thousands of civilians.

EDIT: Yajirobe is clearly even smarter than Chaotzu.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Basically:

23rd Budokai:
-Beats Krillin
-Beats Kami
-Loses to Goku and fleas

Saiyan Arc:
-Becomes emotionally attached to Gohan, and sacrifices himself for Gohan against Nappa

Frieza Arc:
-Is wished back to life

Android Arc:

Cell arc:
-Fuses with Kami

Buu arc:
If I remember correctly piccolo was stronger than 17(and 18) then cell came and they were equal in strength including tricking cell into thinking he lost an arm until he grew it back, then cell fused with 17 and became stronger than him

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Another dumb moment is that the moment Cell shows up during the 17 fight and Piccolo starts fighting them if all three Androids jump Cell they would probably kill him, especially since 16 is in fact more powerful than Cell at the point.

If I remember correctly piccolo was stronger than 17(and 18) then cell came and they were equal in strength including tricking cell into thinking he lost an arm until he grew it back, then cell fused with 17 and became stronger than him

Close but you missed a part where Cell goes around, absorbs a few small cities and becomes stronger than everyone besides Android 16, who was quietly the strongest before Imperfect Cell shows up.

Another dumb moment is that the moment Cell shows up during the 17 fight and Piccolo starts fighting them if all three Androids jump Cell they would probably kill him, especially since 16 is in fact more powerful than Cell at the point.

Close but you missed a part where Cell goes around, absorbs a few small cities and becomes stronger than everyone besides Android 16, who was quietly the strongest before Imperfect Cell shows up.

I mean that's just typical DB/Z shenanigans, we can never just have all the strong heroes just team up and wombo combo they all have to take turns and do one on one stuff.

foxuzamaki

well fuck, piccolo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean that's just typical DB/Z shenanigans, we can never just have all the strong heroes just team up and wombo combo they all have to take turns and do one on one stuff.

DBZ actually throws the honor fights out of the window quite a few times. Against Nappa, against Racoome, against Frieza and against Buu.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
really it depends on their ego, specifically goku and vegata's

Goku basically never fights the 2/3/4 on 1s unless he is the one. He'll stop fights and yell at the person trying to interfere.

Vegeta starts it up when he first thinks he's a SSJ during his hilariously disillusional fight with final form Frieza and doesn't fight anyone in an unfair fight until...the next time Goku does it against kid Buu. Even then they are basically fighting a tag match.

foxuzamaki

I'm Goku? Whoo! Childhood dream come true. Time to be a terrible father and husband by never being around.

Gohan has actually always been my favorite character, and it all started during time in cleveland for either a family reunion or easter, my very 1st episode of DBZ I ever saw was gohan kicking cell's ass. my mind was unstable to say the least.

foxuzamaki

Sweet I get to one shot the last boss and then job until I return to my time where I one shot the new bosses.

I'm not stepping into the grand tour

nothanks.jpg

:lol
I kinda wish they made a movie about trunks after he killed cell and androids 18 and 17, like who did he go on to like marry and fuck, or did he just stay single the rest of his life, and did he get his shit wrecked by dubura

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm near the end of Kai, gonna watch the original funi dub for the rest of the series, then probably take the grand tour. I've never even come close to watching all of GT.

Tenumi

Banned
All this DBZ talk reminds me I really need to get back to watching Dragonball. Got the entire series, Z, and GT on DVD, and I stalled at the very first tournament.

:lol
I kinda wish they made a movie about trunks after he killed cell and androids 18 and 17, like who did he go on to like marry and fuck, or did he just stay single the rest of his life, and did he get his shit wrecked by dubura

Wasn't that basically the plot of Budokai Tenkaichi 2 or was it Budokai 3? I know some fighting game had a campaign mode built around Future Trunks timeline in the Buu saga.

I'm near the end of Kai, gonna watch the original funi dub for the rest of the series, then probably take the grand tour. I've never even come close to watching all of GT.

Don't do it Man God, GT is a misery you don't want to experience

MikeMyers

If you get the Green Brick you can do English Voices with Japanese Music, no more Grand Tour!

Although I dont think they have the GT rap on the Green Brick anyway.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've seen almost all of the post Baby stuff and did both before it was dubbed and after. It's the early stuff I've seen maybe one episode in ten.

foxuzamaki

Wasn't that basically the plot of Budokai Tenkaichi 2 or was it Budokai 3? I know some fighting game had a campaign mode built around Future Trunks timeline in the Buu saga.

Don't do it Man God, GT is a misery you don't want to experience

maybe tenkaichi 3, which is where I stopped.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BT2 and 3 also include almost all of the movie plots. They are ridiculous in that regard. 2 also has a bunch of fun what ifs like if Raditz hit his head when he came to earth.

foxuzamaki

I also remember BT2 doing the movies aswell, I still find them the perfect dragonball Z games, just the right amount of presentation and gameplay

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The entire Android Saga is Bulma's fault anyway.

• Had she not interrupted Piccolo's fight, he would have taken out Android 20 before 16, 17 and 18 got reactivated.
  • Had she, at any point, remembered that her dad totally knows the one guy with android development history, they could have killed him years ago.
  • Had she not given Krillin, of all people, the remote detonator, then Androids 18 and 17 would have been taken out.
  • Had she not taken out 16's bomb and then not told him, Cell would have been destroyed (maybe) slightly earlier.
  • Had she invented a time machine that actually works properly, Trunks wouldn't be late to every important event.

Cwarrior

Basically:

23rd Budokai:
-Beats Krillin
-Beats Kami
-Loses to Goku and fleas

Saiyan Arc:

Frieza Arc:
-Is wished back to life

Android Arc:

Cell arc:
-Fuses with Kami

Buu arc:

Does any of that matter, piccolo has the most swagger.

piccolobadass_by_aims773-d6lyi2g.gif

That green namekian knows how to make a Boss entrance

He scared the super saiyan out of vegetas ass

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love BT 2, especially the Wii controls. It's an extremely polished game on the presentation side of things. It's the game I played the most at launch.

MikeMyers

• Had she not interrupted Piccolo's fight, he would have taken out Android 20 before 16, 17 and 18 got reactivated.
  • Had she, at any point, remembered that her dad totally knows the one guy with android development history, they could have killed him years ago.
  • Had she not given Krillin, of all people, the remote detonator, then Androids 18 and 17 would have been taken out.
  • Had she not taken out 16's bomb and then not told him, Cell would have been destroyed (maybe) slightly earlier.
  • Had she invented a time machine that actually works properly, Trunks wouldn't be late to every important event.

Bulma suggested they use the DBs to find Gero and stop him from making Androids, Goku and Vegeta were like STFU we need plot.

foxuzamaki

[*]Had she not given Krillin, of all people, the remote detonator, then Androids 18 and 17 would have been taken out.
I'm sure krillin forgives her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom