• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
his drawing has gotten better, however I always find it weird how the titans can sometimes be extremely detailed, especially when they want them to look very menacing, but not as much effort are put into the main characters

his drawing has gotten better, however I always find it weird how the titans can sometimes be extremely detailed, especially when they want them to look very menacing, but not as much effort are put into the main characters

The main characters are detailed but they're in the military so of course the overall designs are going to be similar.

Seda

rGERBlP.png

Poor IGPX

The Saturday TOONAMI premiere episodes of Bleach (12 a.m.) and Naruto (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in their respective timeslots with adults 18-24, while One Piece (1 a.m.), Soul Eater (1:30 a.m.), and Sword Art Online (2 a.m.) ranked #1 among adults 18-24 & men 18-24. All TOONAMI premieres were up by double and triple-digits with adults 18-34/18-49 and all targeted men demos vs. the same time period last year.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...een-titans-go-impractical-jokers-more/202007/

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece Film: Strong World introduces some other new characters. So, we'd like to take this time to announce the English cast for the movie!

LUFFY - Colleen Clinkebeard
NAMI - Luci Christian
SANJI - Eric Vale
USOPP - Sonny Strait
ZORO - Christopher R. Sabat
CHOPPER - Brina Palencia
ROBIN - Stephanie Young
FRANKY - Patrick Seitz
BROOK - Ian Sinclair
SHIKI - Scott McNeil
DOCTOR INDIGO - Sean Schemmel
XIAO - Lindsay Seidel
SCARLET - Bryan Massey
MADAM - Jessica Cavanagh
GARP - Brian Mathis
SENGOKU - Ed Blaylock
BILLY - Josh Grelle

ADR Director - Mike McFarland
ADR Engineer - Stephen Hoff

Hey look, its Sean Schemmel in One Piece finally. Playing a character that would fit his King Kai voice, just like I said :p

For reference, he's the same voice actor as that Davy Back Fight announcer you all so loved :p
Don't you put this evil on me, man. If I start hearing the announcer every time he comes on I will commit full seppuku.

Nice to see Sean Schemmel getting work other than voicing Goku
He also does (or did) a bunch of voices for the Pokemon BW anime. It was funny to hear Goku challenge Ash to a battle a while back.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Started Hunter x Hunter and I still can't get over how bad these character designs are.

Also, Gon packed three shirts and three pairs of socks. No underwear? Eww.

At least Ash's mom told him to change his every once in a while...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is getting the Strong World movie necessary?

Strong World is pretty great as far as movies for these types of franchises go. It's one of the best One Piece movies and is kinda sorta vaguely canon-ish. It doesn't really fit quite into the timeline anywhere particularly (though if you were looking to place it anywhere it would be around episode 380-something), but the villain is canon, and it's one of those "I would have done something like this in the manga if I had the time" sort of stories. Oda also worked on it directly, which is rare for this kind of movie.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Goku voices literally every third male character on The Pokémon Company dub of the show. I wouldn't say he's super busy on it but he shows up on average once a month and has had some long lasting bit parts on it too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Strong World and Z are quite good movies because Oda actually oversaw them.

Six is the only really good movie that he didn't oversee, but man is it a good movie. The perfect Halloween anime movie.

Honestly the ratings I imagine are probably still above expectations, remember they said they were hoping at best for 800k for OP and it's still above that.

They should show those Berserk Golden Age Arc movies. That'll drastically increase ratings.

if they can't air all of them, i don't think they should bother. the first one could probably make it on TV, the second one's questionable, and there's absolutely no way the third one can.

if they can't air all of them, i don't think they should bother. the first one could probably make it on TV, the second one's questionable, and there's absolutely no way the third one can.

I was only partially serious, but yeah, the first one is probably the only one that could air. Evangelion's violent, but it has nothing on the
sacrifice and God Hand
stuff in the third Berserk movie.

I wish they could show them though, since Toonami comes on so late.

mhs004

The chance we will see the third on TV is less than 0%.

I imagine we'll get both Strong World and Film Z on Toonami sometime in the future, hopefully they'll hold off showing them til after the filler arcs that advertise each of them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I imagine we'll get both Strong World and Film Z on Toonami sometime in the future, hopefully they'll hold off showing them til after the filler arcs that advertise each of them.

That would be YEARS from now.
Strong World's filler took place during
Impel Down
While Film Z's filler took place
between Fishman Island and Punk Hazard

yami4ct

School.

(One Piece mini spoiler?)
Also they announced
Brook's
English voice:
Ian Sinclair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jDalB3mNlzo

Pretty good. Need to hear him
sing
before I completely judge. He's got the laugh down super well. though.

Honestly, a piece of me really wanted them to give
Brook
a british accent. That's how Oda described his vision for how the character speaks. I'm not sure if they could have gotten someone to pull it off, but it would have been neat.

That would be YEARS from now.
Strong World's filler took place during
Impel Down
While Film Z's filler took place
between Fishman Island and Punk Hazard

I know hence FUTURE lol

At least I hope they don't premier Strong World within the next year and reveal
Brooke
before the series gets to him

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly you could air both of those movies the second the final character is introduced as they have no real spoilers beyond that.

yami4ct

I know hence FUTURE lol

At least I hope they don't premier Strong World within the next year and reveal
Brooke
before the series gets to him

His intro arc is sooooo good. Love that character. His arc might be the best One Piece has to offer. Too bad it's stuck in the middle of a boring major arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom