• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly you could air both of those movies the second the final character is introduced as they have no real spoilers beyond that.

Film Z spoils some of the events of
Marineford and Punk Hazard
IIRC

Edit: For Schadenfreude here is a picture from the prototype I was able to find

tumblr_mq0nlouupC1qam24no1_1280.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
eren seemed alot more bishie in the concept art lol but also
looked alot more like his titan form.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Toonami can air whatever they want, anything flies on cable. It's just a matter of dealing with if you're going to lose potential advertising money over it. Comedy Central likes to air uncut stuff on Saturday nights, with swearing and nudity intact. But that just tends to attract nothing but sex line advertisers. Violence isn't the big issue, the sexual stuff that pops up in Berserk from time to time would be the real problem.

All this talk about how we're super far away from seeing cool One Piece stuff is really bumming me out. Fucking 4Kids. You screwed us, ya bastards. You fucking screwed us.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All this talk about how we're super far away from seeing cool One Piece stuff is really bumming me out. Fucking 4Kids. You screwed us, ya bastards. You fucking screwed us.

As soon as this filler ends we're getting to what I consider the best continuous stretch of One Piece. The next 20 or so episodes from the start of Water Seven are FANTASTIC.

As soon as this filler ends we're getting to what I consider the best continuous stretch of One Piece. The next 20 or so episodes from the start of Water Seven are FANTASTIC.

I watched ahead, Water 7 starts slow. I haven't run into this awesome stretch you're referring to and I'm on
episode 233

Raxus

I watched ahead, Water 7 starts slow. I haven't run into this awesome stretch you're referring to and I'm on
episode 233
IMO most of Water 7 is a ton of set up with the train of awesome stating at
Usopp and Aqua Leguna
and never letting up from there.

Moaradin

I watched up to about that part too. Was getting pretty awesome.

Decided to just stick with the Toonami airing though. I don't want to run out of DVDs and be stuck waiting for the next one. Or worse, switch to the Japanese dub.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Good, Seda's gone. Let's break some rules!

Here's a bunch of anime links: <LINKS REMOVED>

Seda

Perhaps I should remind you guys that I haven't actually banned anyone in this thread. Duck-roll banned Assault.

;)

(I probably would have just deleted his post on his first offense because I'm a softie)

*Water 7 spoilers below*

Okay, Ussop overreacted so much when Luffy tried to explain to him that the ship couldn't be fixed. Seriously, the guy threw a temper tantrum like a child leaving the crew and challenging Luffy to a fight. Still though this is freaking great, I'm trying to pry my eyes away to wait for toonami but I can't stop watching.

Raxus

We lost pioneer guys. By the end of the week he will have watched all of water 7.

There are reasons for his reaction by the way MCXC.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Agree with Frankman, Real Adventures was some ace stuff. I can get why hyperactive kids might think it's boring but it was some pretty fantastic sci-fi for a kids show.

He's like Ed from FMA. He's a dog of the military, but not really.

Does that mean I'm Izumi Curtis?

More like its attachment to Kaya.
That reason literally did not come up once when they were arguing and she didn't appear in the numerous flashbacks.
He's attached because of the memories they've made on their journey and views the Merry as an extension of the crew.
So yeah, pretty much what I said before.

That reason literally did not come up once when they were arguing and she didn't appear in the numerous flashbacks.
He's attached because of the memories they've made on their journey and views the Merry as an extension of the crew.
So yeah, pretty much what I said before.

There is a bit more to it then that
usopp has always felt inadequate and weak compared to the rest of the crew and he had just failed to protect the money from franky. Combo those feelings of failure with Luffy's "the ship is beyond saving" comments and it's the perfect recipe for a melt down. As Usopp says "you're going to be king of the pirates you don't need allies who will slow you down" and that's he he's always felt

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dude the freaky ass Bermuda Triangle ep of Real Adventures.
szsLQr6.png

The freakier ass ep with the Black Pearl.
szsLQr6.png

The Stonehenge episode that did ancient aliens 15 years before it was an overplayed meme.
szsLQr6.png

The awesome virtual world that was actually cool.
szsLQr6.png

THE THEME SONG

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember it having something of an overarching plot as well (with some dude in a wheelchair?) It's been a loooong time though. Should give it a rewatch, actually...

I remember it having something of an overarching plot as well (with some dude in a wheelchair?) It's been a loooong time though. Should give it a rewatch, actually...
Jeremiah Surd. Initially he's not the main villian, as alot of Season 1 deals with "adventures". They set up up pretty well, then he goes all GRRRR I'LL GET YOU BANNON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom