• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The entire Android Saga is Bulma's fault anyway.

• Had she not interrupted Piccolo's fight, he would have taken out Android 20 before 16, 17 and 18 got reactivated.
  • Had she, at any point, remembered that her dad totally knows the one guy with android development history, they could have killed him years ago.
  • Had she not given Krillin, of all people, the remote detonator, then Androids 18 and 17 would have been taken out.
  • Had she not taken out 16's bomb and then not told him, Cell would have been destroyed (maybe) slightly earlier.
  • Had she invented a time machine that actually works properly, Trunks wouldn't be late to every important event.

This is mostly correct. Goku would have been against the whole kill Gero thing (they had considered gathering the Dragon Balls to find Gero and kill him off but he nixed it because he hadn't done anything wrong/he wanted to fight androids.

17 was already taken by the time Krillin got the remote. Spot on about the other two. Trunks really could have just shown up a week early for the Android attack so that's partially on him.

Crocodile

I have a feeling if DB was a modern day Manga, the entire internet (or at least English speaking internet) would be faceplaming after each new chapter. The NeoGaf Manga thread would probably be hilarious to read:

"Dragon Ball Chapter 372

____________ dropped the ball again! Anything to drag this arc out even longer huh? God Toriyama is such a fuckin' HACK! I can't believe this is still running and ____________ got cancelled after only 2 volumes. Jump will publish any sort of drivel. No justice in this world!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have a feeling if DB was a modern day Manga, the entire internet (or at least English speaking internet) would be faceplaming after each new chapter. The NeoGaf Manga thread would probably be hilarious to read:

"Dragon Ball Chapter 372

____________ dropped the ball again! God Toriyama is such a fuckin' HACK! I can't believe this is still running and ____________ got cancelled after only 2 volumes. Jump will publish any sort of drivel. No justice in this world"

To be fair he never did want to go on after Cell. Shit I remember reading how he wanted to do a soft reboot after Freeza.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Luckily for Toriyama the manga during the Buu arc becomes quite funny in places. It honestly drags more during the Cell saga.

This Noh Mask episode is such a buzz kill after the thunder brothers fight

tumblr_m32f78pDz81rqrr67o1_500.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bulma suggested they use the DBs to find Gero and stop him from making Androids, Goku and Vegeta were like STFU we need plot.

This is mostly correct. Goku would have been against the whole kill Gero thing (they had considered gathering the Dragon Balls to find Gero and kill him off but he nixed it because he hadn't done anything wrong/he wanted to fight androids.

17 was already taken by the time Krillin got the remote. Spot on about the other two. Trunks really could have just shown up a week early for the Android attack so that's partially on him.
I suppose criticizing Goku's lack of preventative action would be to summarize the entirety of Dragonball at this point.

Don't they have jails or something they could've thrown Gero in? lol

"Dragon Ball Chapter 372

____________ dropped the ball again! Anything to drag this arc out even longer huh? God Toriyama is such a fuckin' HACK! I can't believe this is still running and ____________ got cancelled after only 2 volumes. Jump will publish any sort of drivel. No justice in this world!"

something something Naruto something something Bleach

MikeMyers

I suppose criticizing Goku's lack of preventative action would be to summarize the entirety of Dragonball at this point.
h

See the thing is with Goku's character is that as Roshi pointed out: he's mostly a guy who just enjoys challenges and fighting is his outlet. In that sense he's pure and naive. The English Dub tries to change him into ALLY TOO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU Superman type guy.

InuYasha 12

Normally I like happy endings, but that stupid brat Mayu didn't deserve one. After nearly murdering her mother and brother countless times, hurting all those who came near them, and being the cause of her own death by disobeying her mother when alive and hiding in the closet during a GOD DAMN FIRE she deserved to get dragged to hell.

789shadow

Banned
Normally I like happy endings, but that stupid brat didn't deserve one. After nearly murdering her mother and brother countless times, hurting all those who came near them, and being the cause of her own death by disobeying her mother when alive and hiding in the closet during a GOD DAMN FIRE she deserved to get dragged to hell.
Who are we talking about here?

Inuyasha noobs. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Sidenote: I agree completely. Evil Pac-Man should have taken her.

Yeah, what exactly was the spirit piper doing for so long? He just watched her nearly kill people for 6 months and then finally decided "oh I guess I should punish her now". Then he just lets her go because she wants to "make up with mommy"? How about making up with your brother you nearly MURDERED or all the people who tried to clean up your house that you ATTACKED

Yeah, what exactly was the spirit piper doing for so long? He just watched her nearly kill people for 6 months and then finally decided "oh I guess I should punish her now". Then he just lets her go because she wants to "make up with mommy"? How about making up with your brother you nearly MURDERED or all the people who tried to clean up your house that you ATTACKED

this i do agree with. i usually have a high tolerance for annoying characters, but god damn that little girl deserved to get dragged to hell

How long is Inuyasha going to be on toonami? Is it worth me marathoning 80+ episodes to try and catch up in a couple of weeks?

Well the series is 160ish episodes and they do 2 a week, I think episode 89/90 just aired so they have at least 70 more episodes or 35 weeks to show. Potentially more if they get final act.

Edit: For what it's worth I'm trying to marathon and catch up

You know what show I would love to see on Toonami or maybe back on Adult Swim?

Detective Conan. Used to set my alarm to 3am to watch it on Adult Swim I liked it so much.

Well the series is 160ish episodes and they do 2 a week, I think episode 89/90 just aired so they have at least 70 more episodes or 35 weeks to show. Potentially more if they get final act.

Edit: For what it's worth I'm trying to marathon and catch up

inyuasha is one of those shows that will constantly be rerunned

I'll play catch-up then, Schadenfreude and Seda could probably use the company

Detective Conan. Used to set my alarm to 3am to watch it on Adult Swim I liked it so much.

Agreed. If toonami got an increased budget I would love to see a classic weekday block. Imagine this:

Mon through Fri
9:00 PM - Yu Yu Hakusho
9:30 PM - Rurouni Kenshin
10:00 PM - G Gundam
10:30 PM - Detective Conan

*drools*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

YES! That gets crazy good. That said I'd only say go for it if we could cut the 250+ episodes of filler.

InuYasha 13

Seeing InuYasha as a human was pretty fun, this show does a good job of having vignettes that add to the overall story in subtle ways. I guess that's what makes it such a great rewatch if you know the basics a lot of episodes could air in any order.

So much this. Case Closed was the best thing ever. Dat music when Conan was solving the case. So good. Bring it back, Lich King.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love Case Closed's art. Love love love it. It's clear though why it failed. Too adult for toonami, too kiddy seeming for Adult Swim despite having a murder count roughly equivalent to Bleach.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So much this. Case Closed was the best thing ever. Dat music when Conan was solving the case. So good. Bring it back, Lich King.

The crazy thing is that they stopped dubbing episodes right before it actually starts to get good. So if you think it was good from what you saw you have no idea man.

I love Case Closed's art. Love love love it. It's clear though why it failed. Too adult for toonami, too kiddy seeming for Adult Swim despite having a murder count roughly equivalent to Bleach.

More people die in one 13 episode run of Case Closed than have died in all of Bleach.

Case Closed/Detective Conan is one of this biggest back log titles I have, I'm hyped to read/watch it. I'm just scared it's going to suck weeks of my life to catch up

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll never know. I refuse to see anyone but Jerry Jewell voice Jimmy Kudo.

I'd say just read the manga. The anime has more filler than Inuyasha has episodes.

It's one of those things I wish someone could pick up so they can get back to dubbing, there were some really really good episodes of Case Closed.

Case Closed/Detective Conan is one of this biggest back log titles I have, I'm hyped to read/watch it. I'm just scared it's going to suck weeks of my life to catch up

So worth it.

But everyone in Bleach is dead/half dead/undead! I guess I didn't word my joke right.

Where do you think Bleach got all it's dead people?

I'd say just read the manga. The anime has more filler than Inuyasha has episodes.

It's one of those things I wish someone could pick up so they can get back to dubbing, there were some really really good episodes of Case Closed.
Doesn't it have more chapters than One Piece though? I'd never be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom