• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
oh god majestic prince just introduced their gender neutral character that will constantly keep you questioning your sexuality. :lol

Crocodile

Valvrave is like code geass on steroids. Every episode ends on a crazy WTF twist. I liked it a lot better then mjp and can't wait for season 2 this fall

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE

*Checks out 1st episode*

-Space colonies: WE GUNDAM YO!
-Standard school setting with standard school characters and standard school tropes
-Villainous band of spies infiltrates and act villainous
-Overly-Dramatic confrontation between two lead male characters
-Male Lead #1 sends most of episode trying tell main heroine he loves her
-SHOCK & AWE, tender moment is "conveniently" interrupted!
-ZOMG Invasion; the spies (inc. Male Lead #2) attack
-Giant Robot revealed
-
DEATH FLAGS flare up! Main heroine dies (?)
-Male Lead #1 gets in Giant Robot
-Male Lead #1 has mental breakdown but is snapped out of it by convenient flashbacks of events that took place 5 mins ago.
-Sweet Mecha curb stomping begins
-Entire world watches the action on Youtube
-Male Lead #1 WINS
-Everybody celebrates!
-
Secondary female character starts playing with the tits of another huge breasted female secondary character in public O_O :p
-Credits roll (using OP song)
-Male Lead #1 gets out of robot and is confronted by Male Lead #2
-
Male Lead #2 STABS Male Lead #1 in the heart O_O
-
Male Lead #2 SHOOTS the corpse of Male Lead #1 several times O_O
-
Male Lead #2 tries to steal Giant Robot but Male Lead #1 casts RESURRECTION on himself and vampire bites Male Lead #2 O_O

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

I think this show demands a group watch O_O

foxuzamaki

This is a sign you're close to one of the best episodes :)
just watched episode 14, what a fucking thrilling fight sequence, izuru wit da power boast but i dont care because it was damn good.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE

*Checks out 1st episode*

-Space colonies: WE GUNDAM YO!
-Standard school setting with standard school characters and standard school tropes
-Villainous band of spies infiltrates and act villainous
-Overly-Dramatic confrontation between two lead male characters
-Male Lead #1 sends most of episode trying tell main heroine he loves her
-SHOCK & AWE, tender moment is "conveniently" interrupted!
-ZOMG Invasion; the spies (inc. Male Lead #2) attack
-Giant Robot revealed
-
DEATH FLAGS flare up! Main heroine dies (?)
-Male Lead #1 gets in Giant Robot
-Male Lead #1 has mental breakdown but is snapped out of it by convenient flashbacks of events that took place 5 mins ago.
-Sweet Mecha curb stomping begins
-Entire world watches the action on Youtube
-Male Lead #1 WINS
-Everybody celebrates!
-
Secondary female character starts playing with the tits of another huge breasted female secondary character in public O_O :p
-Credits roll (using OP song)
-Male Lead #1 gets out of robot and is confronted by Male Lead #2
-
Male Lead #2 STABS Male Lead #1 in the heart O_O
-
Male Lead #2 SHOOTS the corpse of Male Lead #1 several times O_O
-
Male Lead #2 tries to steal Giant Robot but Male Lead #1 casts RESURRECTION on himself and vampire bites Male Lead #2 O_O

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

dont tempt me now

Raxus

Been looking for something new to watch this weekend seeing as summer anime is nearly over and I am only watching one show anyway.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE

Yes!

just watched episode 14, what a fucking thrilling fight sequence, izuru wit da power boast but i dont care because it was damn good.

dont tempt me now

Yes! And be tempted!

That crazy, huh? Maybe i'll give it a go too.

YES!

Been looking for something new to watch this weekend seeing as summer anime is nearly over and I am only watching one show anyway.

YES!

Should have been in animegaf when it was airing. It was glorious. And we still got another season coming up.

Yeah it was a ride to say the least lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What would really be interesting is if Toonami got Legend of The Galactic Heroes, never going to happen, but that would be a lark.

Even ignoring everything else about it, episodes of LOGH are like 27 minutes long. :D

Alas, LOGH is just a little too much greatness for Toonami to handle.

I'LL NEVER PAY FOR CRUNCHYROLL. THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL TOONAMI. #RIPNovid

I'll never understand how a service that legally offers Japanese simulcast subbed anime is at all competing with a American dubbed anime block that gets shows at least a year after the sub audience watched it. If CR and other legal streaming sites didn't exist we'd just be forced to watch fan subs and it still wouldn't impact Toonami.

Also for those who don't have CR I have 2 guest passes that grant 48 hour access to the service. If there is serious interest in a valvrave group watch and someone isn't sure if they want to pay for CR let me know and I can gift you the guest pass.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll never understand how a service that legally offers Japanese simulcast subbed anime is at all competing with a American dubbed anime block that gets shows at least a year after the sub audience watched it. If CR and other legal streaming sites didn't exist we'd just be forced to watch fan subs and it still wouldn't impact Toonami.

Also for those who don't have CR I have 2 guest passes that grant 48 hour access to the service. If there is serious interest in a valvrave group watch and someone isn't sure if they want to pay for CR let me know and I can gift you the guest pass.

If we're really going to do this hook me up. I'm already paying for Hulu+ and Netflix.

If we're really going to do this hook me up. I'm already paying for Hulu+ and Netflix.

You got it buddy, we just need to decide a time either Saturday before Toonami or Sunday after we've all woken up. Valvrave is only 12 episodes we could easily get it done in 4-5 hours. Might want to wait til next weekend just to give more people time to prepare.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You got it buddy, we just need to decide a time either Saturday before Toonami or Sunday after we've all woken up. Valvrave is only 12 episodes we could easily get it done in 4-5 hours. Might want to wait til next weekend just to give more people time to prepare.

Works for me bro.

foxuzamaki

If everyone has a crunchy roll premium account we could use some kind of time synch program to watch it at the same time

I still have that free premium trial I have yet to use.
and I just saw the valvrave OT bumped and reading through the 1st page kinda makes remember what contributed to my hiatus of general anime watching, is that some people get too invested in anime and they pretty much pick every show apart, when sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy them.

CR is nice because you can sign up for a free account and watch pretty much everything on their site with ads. This would just cause a problem with a group watch through because it would throw all the timing off.

I wouldn't mind a free trial as well.

If I remember correctly you can go to the website and get a one month free trial of the premium service with an option for renewal. They don't charge until after the trial period so just cancel before then and you don't pay anything. I'd do this but I already used my trial in June to watch SAO.

JCG

...and I just saw the valvrave OT bumped and reading through the 1st page kinda makes remember what contributed to my hiatus of general anime watching, is that some people get too invested in anime and they pretty much pick every show apart, when sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy them.

That's pretty much in line with what one of the producers for Valvrave had to say:

Iketani: There have been many instances at Sunrise in which I wanted to make a purely fun robot anime. This project started with those types of thoughts being gathered. [...] For this work, I wanted to make an animation that left people excited and wondering, “What kind of story will they tell next time?”

If I remember correctly you can go to the website and get a one month free trial of the premium service with an option for renewal. They don't charge until after the trial period so just cancel before then and you don't pay anything. I'd do this but I already used my trial in June to watch SAO.

I forgot about this, if you've never signed up for CR before you do get a free month trial.

I know that there's Finger Pistol, Moonwalk, Shave, Iron Body, and I think Paper Figure is the last. Something to do with paper.

Thanks

Also for the group watch, I figured we could use something like this

http://www.online-stopwatch.com/online-digital-clock/

So that we can all hit play at the same time. Maybe do half the series saturday night before Toonami airs then the other half Sunday night unless everyone would rather do it all Saturday. If we started at 6:00PM EST and started each episode on the half hour mark we could perfectly finish in time for Toonami at midnight. The only problem is that I know a lot of you like to watch Boondocks before Toonami.

The other option could be start at like 8 or 8:30 and watch til 11:30 which would allow us to do 6 episodes Saturday and 6 episodes Sunday without missing Boondocks. Whatever you guys think is best or if you have a better method of allowing us to all make sure we synch our videos legally please let me know.

I prefer four episodes each Saturday

That would work for people who've never signed up before and can get the month free trial, but anyone who can only get access to a 48 guest pass would only get 1 weekend to use it.

Can't really do Saturday night easily because of work.

What time do you get out of work? I figured Saturday night would be easiest for people though if there is another day that works better I'm flexible.

And if we did do Sundays, do they really have to be at night? There are some of us that need their Sunday night TV fix (Breaking Bad, all the other shit that's not as good as Breaking Bad)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
While I think the idea of organizing that is really cool I really think it'd be much more efficient to just have someone host a stream, make it private and stuff. It'd be a lot smoother too.

Raxus

While I think the idea of organizing that is really cool I really think it'd be much more efficient to just have someone host a stream, make it private and stuff. It'd be a lot smoother too.

Yes but as we discussed earlier in the thread Seda and the mods aren't too hot on the idea of hosting a stream of copyrighted materials even if it is for convenience.

I agree, but I'm trying to do it in a way I can be as public as possible without doing anything illegal. What makes toonami gaf so much fun is having such a large group of people watching anime together. Even if the mods said it was okay to host a private twitch stream for a small group I feel that would be the opposite of what toonami is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom