• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
OK, rant time.

Kishi recently wrote the source of chakra was a woman who fucked everything up and had to have her son bail her out of trouble. Kishi seems to constantly unintentionally hate the opposite sex. Naruto throws all of Hinata's affection back in her face. Sakura shows off her new power, does nothing has to get bailed out and goes back to white magein'. Sakura professes her love to Naruto to try and trick him. She still wants the Sauce D though. It is like Kishi never talked to a woman before. He is the epitomy of everything you shouldn't do win writing a character.
/rant over
kinda spoilers man lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So much this. I wish it could happen. All the parts are good, (plot, setting characters) but the actual execution is utter shit 90% of the time.

I would add like 4 arcs between Zabuza and the Exams. That way it can add character development, more scenes with the other teams, and a look at all the other nations.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
OK, rant time.

Kishi recently wrote the source of chakra was a woman who fucked everything up and had to have her son bail her out of trouble. Kishi seems to constantly unintentionally hate the opposite sex. Naruto throws all of Hinata's affection back in her face. Sakura shows off her new power, does nothing has to get bailed out and goes back to white magein'. Sakura professes her love to Naruto to try and trick him. She still wants the Sauce D though. It is like Kishi never talked to a woman before. He is the epitomy of everything you shouldn't do win writing a character.

/rant over
He just was stealing the Garden of Eden story from the bible. And therefore, like the bible, everything is Eve's fault.

Not that excuse's Kishi's misogyny.

Azure J

So much this. I wish it could happen. All the parts are good, (plot, setting characters) but the actual execution is utter shit 90% of the time.

It's so funny, Naruto has characters and a setting/beginning/world setup that makes you want to care for it then flower arranging happens and you're like "whyyyyyyyy". :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
To be as fair as possible to this episode, Ikebana is fairly serious shit in Japan, and it would be the sort of refined art that a skilled warrior might have as a hobby/mental training.

That said, fuck this shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would add like 4 arcs between Zabuza and the Exams. That way it can add character development, more scenes with the other teams, and a look at all the other nations.

Maybe just one or two where they team up with another team. If we're being honest other than this shit and adding an arc or two between Zabuza and the exam, most of part 1 is fine. Part 2 would need a lot of reworking to make it good, it's just too focused on Sauske and the plot. It doesn't have enough breathing room.

It's so funny, Naruto has characters and a setting/beginning/world setup that makes you want to care for it then flower arranging happens and you're like "whyyyyyyyy". :lol

I know. What a waste.

Kakashi and Guy are rivals, by the way.

Just in case you didn't know from the 3 times they said it before, and the way Kakashi looked at him when he mentioned rivalry. Just reminding everyone. Thank you.

789shadow

Banned
I would have the show focus on Shikamaru from the start. And have Orochimaru be the main villain all the way through.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To be as fair as possible to this episode, Ikebana is fairly serious shit in Japan, and it would be the sort of refined art that a skilled warrior might have as a hobby/mental training.

That said, fuck this shit.

Then why don't they teach it to the boys? If it's for mental preparation, then equal opportunity is important here.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fighting over Sasuke? They should have fought for a Klondike bar instead. Least there's satisfaction at the end of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom