• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

That's pretty crazy considering how often it used to be on.

Yeah my sister used to watch it all the time, but I never gave it the time of day. So pretty much all of it is new for me too.

Same with One Piece... I still haven't caught up to the 200+ point.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
inuyasha always had the reputation of being sorta a shonen for males, imagine our surprise when we found out it was actually suppose to be a shoujo made for girls, it just had lots and lots of fighting and shonen elements

Raxus

Zetman would be a good fit for toonmi. though its only 12 episodes.

anime batman!

There is a ton of great fits for Toonami they are sitting on for one reason or another.

Megas XLR (If they can ever pull it out of limbo)
Tiger and Bunny (Fully dubbed and waiting)
JoJo (licensing issues, licensing issues as long as the entire One Piece manga)

I'm probably one of the most 'casual' (perhaps not the right word) fans in here. I feel like I've seen way less than just about everybody else.

I'm right there with you, Seda. Before Toonami returned, my anime watchlist consisted of some old stuff shown on Sci-Fi Channel (Tank Police, Project A-ko), Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend" video, Bebop, Champloo, FLCL, and one or two Miyazaki films.

Tamanon

Banned
Before Toonami came back, I really only watched what aired on Adult Swim. I remember the dark days of having to wait until 5:00 AM to watch Code Geass's second season. Still one of my favorite anime, even with the cheese.

Besides the Adult Swim stuff, I watched the Persona 4 anime, if only because of the games. And any Gundams I could find.

foxuzamaki

May I suggest to you guys the best anime of all time: gungrave beyond the grave, great dub if you want to watch it dub.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright guys. Next time the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Haruto getting over his teenage angst on Valvrave, Jojo combatting the non-stop harassment from Dio in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, some weird freaky dudes doing some weird freaky things in Fate/Zero, the conclusion of the strange mystery behind the woman in Darker than Black, and the "wait wut time travel?" of Steins;Gate. All of this starts this week Saturday at 9:00pm EDT.

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 2 - Beyond 666
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 3 - L-Elf's Prophecy
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 2 - A Letter from the Past
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 2 - False Start
10:40 - Darker than Black - 2 - The Fallen Star of a Contract... (Part 2)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 2 - Time Travel Paranoia

I think the were talking about the period of 2007-2008.
Oh. Well the Summer of 2007 is widely regarded as a dark time for anime on [adult swim]. I'll never forget that one week where no show garnered more than 300k 18-49. If you can pull 300k 18-49, you better have some crazy merch pushed, or the Pope was visiting; that's grounds for a timeslot change or seeing this:

Pl3Xz.gif

foxuzamaki

Alright guys. Next time the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Haruto getting over his teenage angst on Valvrave, Jojo combatting the non-stop harassment from Dio in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, some weird freaky dudes doing some weird freaky things in Fate/Zero, the conclusion of the strange mystery behind the woman in Darker than Black, and the "wait wut time travel?" of Steins;Gate. All of this starts this week Saturday at 9:00pm EDT.

Cant wait.

Awesome can't wait

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

This gun be gud

Hrm. Kinda messes with my nap schedule a bit, but whatever. I'll be there.

Sounds great, looks like I have a little catching up to do...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Meh that's just going from best in its class to a very decent show. If we wanted to make the disappointment power hours we could go E7:Astral Ocean, Darker Than Black Season 2, ZZ Gundam, SEED DESTINY, and some other terrible sequel.

That one actually makes sense, as stupid as it is. The one I'm thinking of is essentially a non sequitur by someone trying to sound cool without actually knowing or caring what he just said.

I understand what your saying, the line I quoted just made me laugh harder even if it made sense in context

Toonami Tumblr said:
UPCOMING TOONAMI LINEUP CHANGES

Hello Toonami Faithful! We thought it was time to update you on some upcoming lineup changes to the block. In addition, we’ll be having our monthly TOONAMI Q&A this Sunday, September 29th from around 10am-Noon e/t. Ask us some good questions, because we’ll be picking a couple of them for TOM to answer himself in a new on-air segment premiering very soon! FINALLY- keep your eyes peeled in November for some announcements about VERY EXCITING STUFF coming for Toonami in the new year! We think you’re gonna be happy. LOVE, The Toonami Crew.

October 19th – We’ll double up IGPX to get to the finale; it will air in its normal 2:30am spot and pre-empt SWCW at 3:00am.
12a – Bleach
12:30a – Naruto
1:00a – One Piece
1:30a – Soul Eater
2:00a – Sword Art Online
2:30a – IGPX
3:00a – IGPX
3:30a – Big O
4:00a – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:30a – Cowboy Bebop
5a – Inuyasha
5:30a – Inuyasha

October 26th – lineup change as follows:
12a – Bleach
12:30a – Naruto
1:00a – One Piece
1:30a – Soul Eater
2:00a – Sword Art Online
2:30a – FLCL
3:00a – SWCW
3:30a – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:00a - Ghost in the Shell (season 1)
4:30a – IGPX
5a – Inuyasha
5:30a – Inuyasha

What up.

So in lay mans terms

Big O and Bebop will not repeat, Bebop is being replaced by FLCL, Big O is being replaced by GitS S1, IGPX moving down to 4:30 garbage slot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FLCL is the ultimate time filler though. Two runs of it is still less than a season of Big O II.

Hell even one run with a movie night thrown in will put them basically at the beginning of a new year.

IGPX is repeating at 4:30.

Seda

So in lay mans terms

Big O and IGPX will not repeat, IGPX is being replaced by FLCL, Big O is being replaced by GitS S1

Edit: I can't read so Bebop is gone replaced by GitS?

Big O and Cowboy Bebop are leaving.

FLCL and GitS are replacing them.

IGPX is rerunning in a later slot.

FMA:B moves up!!!! (hah)

but yay GitS is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom