• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel like maybe we haven't given this enough attention:

Hello Toonami Faithful! We thought it was time to update you on some upcoming lineup changes to the block. In addition, we’ll be having our monthly TOONAMI Q&A this Sunday, September 29th from around 10am-Noon e/t. Ask us some good questions, because we’ll be picking a couple of them for TOM to answer himself in a new on-air segment premiering very soon! FINALLY- keep your eyes peeled in November for some announcements about VERY EXCITING STUFF coming for Toonami in the new year! We think you’re gonna be happy. LOVE, The Toonami Crew.

i feel like maybe we haven't given this enough attention:

Hello Toonami Faithful! We thought it was time to update you on some upcoming lineup changes to the block. In addition, we’ll be having our monthly TOONAMI Q&A this Sunday, September 29th from around 10am-Noon e/t. Ask us some good questions, because we’ll be picking a couple of them for TOM to answer himself in a new on-air segment premiering very soon! FINALLY- keep your eyes peeled in November for some announcements about VERY EXCITING STUFF coming for Toonami in the new year! .

Excited for the on air questions also Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan were 2 of the top 3 most requested shows for the block (along with DBZ) so I imagine one of those will be confirmed in November.

Seda

Assuming no movie nights or otherwise shifted schedules:

Sword Art Online - Jan 18
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Feb 1
Soul Eater - Feb 15
IGPX (second run) - Apr 19
Inuyasha - June 14
Bleach - Sept 13
GitS - October 18

FLCL:
(first run) - Nov 30
(second run) - Jan 11
(third?) - Feb 22

Star Wars: ~2 years
Naruto: lol
One Piece: lol

I may have miscounted

I'd bet money on Bleach rerunning in a lower time slot once it finishes while they wait for the inevitable Blood War anime to be announced -> made -> dubbed

Soul Eater - Feb 15
IGPX (seoncd run) - Apr 19
Inuyasha - June 14
Bleach - Sept 13
GitS - October 18

FLCL:
(first run) - Nov 30
(second run) - Jan 11
(third?) - Feb 22

I may have miscounted
;________;

I know I'm not a majority but I honestly do enjoy the next canon Bleach arc. It's short, it's self contained, it has some pretty good mind fuck troll moments, and the fights at the end don't drag like the Arracar fights.

So a buddy of mine asked what FLCL was about and if he should watch it (he goes to me with his anime questions). What's a good back of the box summary that won't spoil much outside of the premise

So a buddy of mine asked what FLCL was about and if he should watch it (he goes to me with his anime questions). What's a good back of the box summary that won't spoil much outside of the premise

A coming of age story, with baseball, guitars, robots and a great soundtrack.

OR

Puberty: The Animation

Naota Nandaba is a typical kid living in a small town where nothing ever happens. But then a weird chick riding a Vespa runs him over and changes his life forever. As non-spoilery and back of the box as it gets.

A coming of age story, with baseball, guitars, robots and a great soundtrack.

OR

Puberty: The Animation

Naota Nandaba is a typical kid living in a small town where nothing ever happens. But then a weird chick riding a Vespa runs him over and changes his life forever. As non-spoilery and back of the box as it gets.

Whelp, not sure how to sell him on that lol

This is the same friend who is the reason I didn't watch more of GitS cause he didn't enjoy it

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

An extremely quirky and experimental (from a technical standpoint) show that tells a coming of age story in 6 episodes.

(I didn't enjoy it, personally)

Soul Eater - Feb 15
IGPX (second run) - Apr 19
Inuyasha - June 14
Bleach - Sept 13
GitS - October 18

FLCL:
(first run) - Nov 30
(second run) - Jan 11
(third?) - Feb 22

I may have miscounted
Looking forward to Jan. 18.

Speaking of FLCL, I stopped by B&N yesterday and noticed Dark Horse republished the manga. Is there any difference from the original release, or does it still make very little sense?

So those who know Toonami's history better then I can you answer a question for me

What has Toonami done in situations where they aired a S1 of a show because that was the only part that existed at the time, then years later a s2 is made/dubbed. Would Toonami replay S1 before airing S2 or would they jump straight into S2? The only show I can think of that fits that bill is Big O

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So those who know Toonami's history better then I can you answer a question for me

What has Toonami done in situations where they aired a S1 of a show because that was the only part that existed at the time, then years later a s2 is made/dubbed. Would Toonami replay S1 before airing S2 or would they jump straight into S2? The only show I can think of that fits that bill is Big O

They either rerun the 1st season or replace it with another show until they can get season 2.

season 2 of Big O only aired on Adult Swim, and i believe they still had reruns of season 1 airing prior to its debut so it's anyone's guess, really. the way they handle shows is different now.

Making new seasons of SAO is not a decision Toonami is likely to have any involvement in.

I know that lol, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it's announced though based upon how well S1 did. So inevitably in 2-3 years when SAO S2 exists I was wondering if they would reair S1 or just jump straight into S2

I know that lol, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it's announced though based upon how well S1 did. So inevitably in 2-3 years when SAO S2 exists I was wondering if they would reair S1 or just jump straight into S2

Oh. In that situation, I'd imagine straight to S2 unless they got a pretty good deal from Aniplex.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Excited for the on air questions also Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan were 2 of the top 3 most requested shows for the block (along with DBZ) so I imagine one of those will be confirmed in November.

Attack on Titan's dub isn't coming out till sometime next year and I'll stab someone if its Fairy Tail, so maybe they'll just confirm the inevitable Space Dandy or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Whelp, not sure how to sell him on that lol

This is the same friend who is the reason I didn't watch more of GitS cause he didn't enjoy it

The guys at Adult Swim have, a couple of times in the past, referred to FLCL as the best show they've ever aired. As in, amongst all shows broadcast on the network.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, first season of GitS is returning next month. Was really happy to rewatch the second season after growing up. I remember trying to watch it when I was younger, back in either Jr. or high school, being bored out of my mind, but after rewatching the 2nd season this year being much older, I'm able to enjoy it MUCH more now. Though probably will DVR it with FMA:B.

Nice to see Cowboy Bebop getting a rest, though FLCL, I'll probably rewatch just once for the sake of seeing reactions on here. I think I've seen it so many times, I'm burned out & it's hard for me to get excited for it returning.

Looking forward to seeing what'll be announced in Nov.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah sounds like it's just a buildup for things to come.

I've already seen FLCL and GitS and it's lame IGPX is getting a repeat. At least that means less shows I have to keep up with - aka more sleep. :p

I wouldn't mind Fairy Tale in the future. I haven't seen it and I've heard good things about it. Also they ended it and didn't allow it to drag on like some other shonen...

Seda

Wasn't there some ... conspicuous ... wording that hinted that Funimation shows will likely be replaced by Funimation shows? Thinking about Soul Eater's replacement.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wasn't there some ... conspicuous ... wording that hinted that Funimation shows will likely be replaced by Funimation shows? Thinking about Soul Eater's replacement.

It could be Tiger and Bunny, Baccano, FMP or any one of a hundred options then.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation seems to be one of the biggest Toonami supporters at the moment (Deadman Wonderland, Casshern, FMA:B, Soul Eater, One Piece, & more), so I wouldn't be surprised if they had another show ready to replace whatever is finishing up, especially considering how much they have licensed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Durarararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararara!!

S0zXulf.gif

This also beckons the question is Toonami keeping eye on the latest of that linage?

Kill la Kill? Considering Aniplex has rights, there's quite a lot of hype for it precisely because it's a spiritual successor to GL, and considering how fast Sword Art Online got on Toonami after the Japanese broadcast, I wouldn't be too surprised if it got a slot late 2014/2015. Probably not going to replace Bleach, however (I expect that's going to get repeated).

Kill la Kill? Considering Aniplex has rights, there's quite a lot of hype for it precisely because it's a spiritual successor to GL, and considering how fast Sword Art Online got on Toonami after the Japanese broadcast, I wouldn't be too surprised if it got a slot late 2014/2015. Probably not going to replace Bleach, however (I expect that's going to get repeated).

I imagine we will see kill la kill someday on toonami probably late 2014 or early 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom