• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

So who would be watching Stand Alone Complex for the first time?

Me mostly.

I was half-paying attention when Toonami started partway through the second season, and then it restarted and I was paying full attention to it (and enjoying it a lot!), but then they removed it

:(

So I'm happy it's back.

:D

Watch. Them. Both.

I own both of them along with S2 of GitS and the movie finale... I've just never got around to watching them.

Other anime on DVD that I own but haven't watched

FMA
FMA:B (have read the manga of FMA)
Chrono Crusade
Gun X Sword
Samurai Champloo
Gurren Lagann
X

I also own Outlaw Star which I saw many many years ago on Toonami the cut version so it's iffy.

Edit: Also I used to own Wolf's Rain only saw about 5 episodes of it, it seems to have gotten lost along with Hellsing Ultimate when I moved :(

So who would be watching Stand Alone Complex for the first time?

Me, I saw 6 episodes with a friend he didn't like it so we stopped and switched to Code Geass

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I own both of them along with S2 of GitS and the movie finale... I've just never got around to watching them.

FMA
Chrono Crusade
Gun X Sword
Samurai Champloo
Gurren Lagann
X

I also own Outlaw Star which I saw many many years ago on Toonami the cut version so it's iffy.

FMA original is worth watching. Also if you've seen the Toonami run you have seen most of Outlaw Star, the only edits are some brief female nudity and one episode that just had too much nudity to air.

Also not seeing Gurren Lagann isn't some sort of weird hate crime, it's not like never seeing Bebop or FLCL especially if you owned it.

Really wonder what they are going to show in early 2014. Anything dubbed recently that is fit to air around then?

Astral Ocean because they aired E7 makes sense. Whenever AoT dub comes out you know that will be on Toonami. Magi might also work I think they announced plans for that dub earlier this year.

FMA original is worth watching. Also if you've seen the Toonami run you have seen most of Outlaw Star, the only edits are some brief female nudity and one episode that just had too much nudity to air.

Also not seeing Gurren Lagann isn't some sort of weird hate crime, it's not like never seeing Bebop or FLCL especially if you owned it.

I saw half way though GL then a buddy borrowed it and when I got it back I had begun watching something else and it just got forgotten about

It's obvious that Soul Eater is going to be replaced by

Fairy Tail

Yeah Fairy Tail is pretty much a lock for Toonami next year

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, just a reminder that FLCL is only six episodes long, so something else is lurking, something possibly new.

I knew this would make you happy.

a_charlie_brown_christmas_dance_gif__by_kcn27-d5mr2bz.gif

Tenumi

Banned
I'm still really hoping for Future Diary, although it'll definitely need some censoring, I know.

FLCL rerunning is good, I need to watch the last 3 episodes sometime.

Putting FLCL at 2:30, to me, is a sign that something new is coming to that slot.

I just knocked out watching the sub while I was on vacation the last few days (old school 2 episode DVDs in collectors box, baby!) and I don't think I've ever watched the dub, outside of outtakes, so I'm cool with a re-watch.

Yay! GitS is back! Surprised FMA:B gets moved up a bit. I guess it's because it's up to be swapped out faster than GitS.

Not surprised about Big O S2, from what I've read, that was played to death almost as much as Bebop.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Really surprised ASA/Toonami never gave Gurren Lagan an airing since they love FLCL so much.

Gurren Lagann was a wrong place, wrong time situation. It was licensed by ADV, who went under, and was rescued by Bandai, who went under, with TV rights going to Manga who put it on Syfy Ani-Mondays (because they owned the Ani-Mondays block), which went under.

Now that it's at Aniplex, I'd say a Toonami run next year may be plausible.

Gurren Lagann was a wrong place, wrong time situation. It was licensed by ADV, who went under, and was rescued by Bandai, who went under, with TV rights going to Manga who put it on Syfy Ani-Mondays, which went under.

Gurren Lagann is cursed!!! Don't let it on Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I were to Guess I'd say Fairy Tail replaces Soul Eater and when Bleach ends they just move everything up half an hour. The real tricky thing is what replaces the then empty middle of the lineup. I doubt they rerun SAO (it's a great slot for new anime though) and then they'll still have another half hour to go.

Then there's always the very real chance they just rerun all of Bleach. That would certainly make me happy for about a year as the first few arcs are quite good!

Gurren Lagann was a wrong place, wrong time situation. It was licensed by ADV, who went under, and was rescued by Bandai, who went under, with TV rights going to Manga who put it on Syfy Ani-Mondays (because they owned the Ani-Mondays block), which went under.

Damn lol GL kills things harder then
yoko's kisses

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i'm kinda surprised Ghost in the Shell isn't coming on before Brotherhood.

Ghost in the Shell is probably the second most run thing on Adult Swim besides Bebop. Probably even Inuyasha. It appeared all the time during the dark years.

Crocodile

It's obvious that Soul Eater is going to be replaced by

Fairy Tail

Bleh. Seen only a bit of it but what I saw was pretty uninteresting and pedestrian.

FMA
Chrono Crusade
Gun X Sword
Samurai Champloo
Gurren Lagann
X

Dude what are you doing? Finish Gurren Lagann ASAP! Also watch Samurai Champloo and FMA Classic. On a related note, I've been watching Gun x Sword recently. I like the main character but some of the plotlines in these early episodes have been pretty stupid :/

Brotherhood must pull in higher ratings than GitS.

Here are some random ratings I pulled from last year

6/9/12

12:00a Bleach 1,135,000
12:30a Deadman Wonderland 808,000
1:00a Casshern Sins 642,000
1:30a FMA: Brotherhood 606,000
2:00a Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 571,000
2:30a Cowboy Bebop 519,000
3:00a Bleach 582,000
3:30a Deadman Wonderland 491,000
4:00a Casshern Sins 489,000
4:30a FMA: Brotherhood 473,000
5:00a Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 420,000
5:30a Cowboy Bebop 388,000

7/21/2012

12:00a Bleach 1,199,000
12:30a Deadman Wonderland 1,041,000
1:00a Casshern SINS 752,000
1:30a FMA: Brotherhood 694,000
2:00a Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 639,000
2:30a Cowboy Bebop 536,000
3:00a Bleach 553,000
3:30a Deadman Wonderland 497,000
4:00a Casshern SINS 459,000
4:30a FMA: Brotherhood 473,000
5:00a Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 397,000
5:30a Cowboy Bebop 406,000

8/4/12

12:00a Bleach 1,024,000
12:30a Deadman Wonderland 894,000
1:00a Casshern Sins 642,000
1:30a FMA: Brotherhood 596,000
2:00a Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 450,000
2:30a Cowboy Bebop 411,000
3:00a Bleach 414,000
3:30a Deadman Wonderland 408,000
4:00a Casshern Sins 398,000
4:30a FMA: Brotherhood 384,000
5:00a Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG 388,000
5:30a Cowboy Bebop 392,000

So it did pull in better numbers... but it also aired before it so who can say. Seems more likely they're sticking with tradition.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've seen Stand Alone Complex through on Adult Swim at least four times and 2nd Gig at least three and I know its been run more than that.

Ghost in the Shell is probably the second most run thing on Adult Swim besides Bebop. Probably even Inuyasha. It appeared all the time during the dark years.

true, but it's never been given a full run on Toonami, either, and they were fine with putting Big O season 2 up where it was.

Here are some random ratings I pulled from last year. So it did pull in better numbers... but it also aired before it so who can say. Seems more likely they're sticking with tradition.

Yeah, looking at those numbers it's easy to see that they're just doing it out of tradition. Not much of a difference at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom