• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
the rest of the qualifying rounds in Naruto is quite good. It goes on a run from here for the next twenty episodes or so. Even the training episodes are gold Jerry!

Raxus

the rest of the qualifying rounds in Naruto is quite good. It goes on a run from here for the next twenty episodes or so. Even the training episodes are gold Jerry!

It helps my favorite character is in charge of the training sessions.
:(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the best single run of Naruto until the fifth season. It's got humor, it's got action, it's got smart usage of Ninja powers, it's got Talk no Jutsu, it's got Orochi being a creeper. It has female empowerment! It has the best animated fight ever. It's got a great opening!

The entire fifth season is great though.

Amikami

Banned
This is the best single run of Naruto until the fifth season. It's got humor, it's got action, it's got smart usage of Ninja powers, it's got Talk no Jutsu, it's got Orochi being a creeper. It has female empowerment! It has the best animated fight ever. It's got a great opening!

Pretty much everything you just said. And yeah, the 5th season was really good.

Seda

I get confused when talking about 'Seasons' in long Shounens. For example, Wikipedia calls 'season 5' 186-220. The fifth DVD set is 53–65

I just stick to episode numbers. (or 'arcs')

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I get confused when talking about 'Seasons' in long Shounens. For example, Wikipedia calls 'season 5' 186-220. The fifth DVD set is 53–65

I just stick to episode numbers.

It's done by openings in Naruto. Sort of messed up by Rice, too much sauce hanging around past it's welcome in the dub.

The fifth opening is INCREDIBLE.

openings for seasons doesn't seem like the greatest way to classify One Piece, either, since it switches openings in the middle of Alabasta and then in the middle of Skypiea.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
openings for seasons doesn't seem like the greatest way to classify One Piece, either, since it switches openings in the middle of Alabasta and then in the middle of Skypiea.

Yep!

I myself would just do new openings every 26 episodes on the dot.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece does the Opening=Season thing until the whole switch over to HD broadcast thing. Then it gets complicated!

It also doesn't help that current episodes on the Simulcast aren't allowed to play Opening 16 "Hands Up!"
Hopefully that problem is fixed by the time Funimation gets the dubbing rights in.............. 5 years? 7 years?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
do they actually have a system for this when they're making them? or is it just whenever they feel like it? because it kinda just seems like it's whenever they feel like

When it comes to popular shonen these days it has to be some pop group that does the opening. With that you sometimes need to delay it or rarely rush it for whatever cross promotional thing they have going on.

A lot of shows used to try for 26 episodes is a season thing because it makes sense; every half year you need to update the important characters, show new moves, move on from yesterday's news.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's just one of those things you have to accept. It's an anime tradition.

It's waaay funnier when it happens with shows that don't have mangas though.

I do appreciate when certain shows edit their openings to not include spoilers until they happen. A couple of shows went a step further and used silhouettes until that person or monster showed up.

That's just one of those things you have to accept. It's an anime tradition.

It's waaay funnier when it happens with shows that don't have mangas though.

I do appreciate when certain shows edit their openings to not include spoilers until they happen. A couple of shows went a step further and used silhouettes until that person or monster showed up.
Pokemon is kinda bad at this. They'll just show the main characters with random Pokemon they didn't have before. Not that it really matters. Just saying.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

yup
5th season is them trying to get sasuke back from the sound ninja 5 correct?

foxuzamaki

Yep. So much action and so many feels and then
filler hell right after

we have to someway, somehow get them to get shippuden from disney as soon as possible and convince them to cut the fillers, maybe have a arc or 2 of filler then go straight to shippuden.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
we have to someway, somehow get them to get shippuden from disney as soon as possible and convince them to cut the fillers, maybe have a arc or 2 of filler then go straight to shippuden.

I think they know not to show the filler hell, I know what DeMarco said about filler but then they go and decide to skip most of the Jar Jar episodes in Clone Wars. That said, we still have a few years til we need to worry about that stretch of evil. Actually there are a few decent filler arcs I wouldn't mind them showing. Only a few though.

foxuzamaki

I think they know not to show the filler hell, I know what DeMarco said about filler but then they go and decide to skip most of the Jar Jar episodes in Clone Wars. That said, we still have a few years til we need to worry about that stretch of evil. Actually there are a few decent filler arcs I wouldn't mind them showing. Only a few though.

Guess we'll worry about that when we get there.

Jintor

tumblr_mta3liE7Yu1ru6c2do1_500.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shippuden has some bad openings IMO.

3 is a close second for me. It also helps they are attached to the best arcs on top of being good openings.

Worst arc attached with the best opening for me has to be Bleach's Bount arc. I am pretty sure I stuck with that shit for so long for the opening alone.

Dude sounds like he had a stroke. Not a fan of that opening. It's somewhat catchy I suppose.

Wasn't it one of the execs above DeMarco that gave the order to skip the Jar Jar episodes? Maybe someone will once again take the decision out of the Lich King's hands. I mean, dude is pretty much a tv genius, but we can't go through that again.

Seda

Hey guys. Just wanted to stop by and tell you I won't be on GAF for a while. Some big stuff has come up in my life and I need to deal with it. See ya.

Sometimes life takes a turn and you have to stick to your priorities for time. I hope things work out for you and wish you the best. When you're able to return, we'll be here.

Later.

Tenumi

Banned
Hey guys. Just wanted to stop by and tell you I won't be on GAF for a while. Some big stuff has come up in my life and I need to deal with it. See ya.

I hope the best for you.

-------------------------------------------

I think I've figured out what was causing my DVR to crash, and finally got around to watching last weeks Naruto through SAO. I can't get out of my mind now Beater Kirito's response to never having a girlfriend is because he prefers to play solo.

Insert Masturbation Joke here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom