• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Fairy Tail never drags or has really dumb plot twist, I think people would enjoy it more then they want to admit.

It's a pity Mashima superior work, Rave Master, never took off in animated form. I tried to get into Fairy Tail. I stopped early on;
I stopped right before the guild was going to be destroyed (I was spoiled on that part).
I simply couldn't get into it. And from what others have said, it never truly gets better. :-(

Castle of Caliostro is great. So is the series that Adult Swim aired (I believe the second one) and a surprising amount of the other movies were dubbed long ago. It's apparently a decently popular anime in Europe as well.
Oh man Castle of Caliostro is amazing, definitely one of my favorite movies. Bass, you really need to watch this.

The problem with Fairy Tail is that it's a long running series so we won't be able to get rid of it. It's not like SOA which will end one day. It'll be the new Bleach.
But Bleach good

It looks great.

Plus this thread will get 200 post strings of Plot, Backstory, Power of Friendship jokes every week.

Yes and it'll be glorious

Lucy-gif.gif

gif___erza_by_nyfaline-d3fnh79.gif

Crocodile

Hey guys. Just wanted to stop by and tell you I won't be on GAF for a while. Some big stuff has come up in my life and I need to deal with it. See ya.

Must be pretty serious if you can't manage to get onto a computer for an extended period of time O_O. You're probably long gone at this point but if you see this I wish you godspeed.

mgs3-snake-salute.jpg

It feels really weird to have kids go up against adults head on. As smart as Kudo is, shouldn't he just get smashed by Lupin et al.? The latter group certainly isn't lacking in intelligence, skill and experience.

It's got Lupin in it, Americans loooooooove Lupin!

No they don't.

I do :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's a pity Mashima superior work, Rave Master, never took off in animated form. I tried to get into Fairy Tail. I stopped early on;
I stopped right before the guild was going to be destroyed (I was spoiled on that part).
I simply couldn't get into it. And from what others have said, it never truly gets better. :-(

Rave Master also looks gorgeous and basically goes nowhere. It's also insane whereas Fairy Tail is more by the book.

EDIT: I love Lupin and Conan!

The TV special with them both is boring as fuck though and they barely interact. Still popular enough to get this movie done!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did Cartoon Network even finish AIRING Rave Master? I remember it was on Toonami, but then it was moved to like 5 or 6 AM Sunday, which annoyed the hell out of me. I remember the last one I saw was one that was a multi-parter (& I could've sworn they skipped part 2 of it) and Haru was extremely mad because some guy kissed Elie.

Raxus

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanks you guys!

Getting back to news. Apparently the final Blu Ray added of JJBA added To Be Continued in the final episode. Add to the great sales for parts 1 and 2 make it a shoe in for another season. Hopefully we hear something by next year.
Yeah, the TV version also added a teaser hinting at Part 3. Really hope it happens, considering it's one of the most well-known parts of the entire series.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Inuyasha's willingness to throw Kagome off of a cliff for Kikyo is one of the more interesting things that happens during much of Inuyasha's run. It's great when she shows up right after a string of Kagome and Inuyasha acting like a couple.

That's how you end End of Evangelion? "How disgusting"....WTF?

Disregarding that, that was fucking awesome. The violence, the mindfucks, the other shit that practically went over my head but didn't really care....yeah.

Overall, the show and movie are somewhere in my Top 5 favorite anime, but I can honestly say I'm glad I'm done with this series

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The watchblock will start in roughly 5 minutes. Join the irc channel before it starts or just jump straight in.

So is today an official episode of One Piece, or a filler episode? The Foxy Arc is the only arc of One Piece I've never read or seen before so I'm lost on the episodes.

I've been dying to hear what
Aokiji's
English voice sounds like. He's one of my favorite One Piece characters who isn't a Straw Hat.

mhs004

So is today an official episode of One Piece, or a filler episode? The Foxy Arc is the only arc of One Piece I've never read or seen before so I'm lost on the episodes.

Aokiji's
English voice sounds like. He's one of my favorite One Piece characters who isn't a Straw Hat.

It's another filler.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Aokiji's

It's filler. In the manga, Foxy has yet to appear again. In the anime, Toei wanted to turn Foxy, Porche and Hamburg into the Team Rocket of the series. It didn't exactly work as planned.

As for the name in the spoiler tag, there's clips on YouTube if you know where to look.

mhs004

On the plus side if Toonami gets Fairy Tail then it will bring in it's well established fan base and get good ratings.

On the bad side it's Fairy Tail.

BatDan

On the plus side if Toonami gets Fairy Tail then it will bring in it's well established fan base and get good ratings.

On the bad side it's Fairy Tail.

On another plus side, it's only 175 episodes so it won't take as long as Bleach or One Piece (especially not One Piece)

On another down side, Mashima has confirmed the anime is going to eventually continue.

Either way, we all lose.

It's another filler.

It's filler. In the manga, Foxy has yet to appear again. In the anime, Toei wanted to turn Foxy, Porche and Hamburg into the Team Rocket of the series. It didn't exactly work as planned.

As for the name in the spoiler tag, there's clips on YouTube if you know where to look.

Darn, well hopefully that moment's only a few episodes away. I've seen a few English clips of Luffy vs
Aokiji
on youtube, but I want to save the moment for me to watch on Toonami. It's mostly the only thing for me to look forward to until the next arc happens.

mhs004

On another plus side, it's only 175 episodes so it won't take as long as Bleach or One Piece (especially not One Piece)

On another down side, Mashima has confirmed the anime is going to eventually continue.

Either way, we all lose.

Didn't it get like 1.0 ratings or something like that? How is it still a thing? This proves to me there is no god.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fairy Tail never drags or has really dumb plot twist, I think people would enjoy it more then they want to admit.
Because the plot never twists! It just repeats.

But yes, I'm sure people would enjoy it somewhat. At least if they can survive the awful 1st season where the anime team tried their best to destroy every positive aspect the series ever had. After that they might even enjoy a few arcs! But by then it'll be an unstoppable juggernaut and everyone will have to endure the shitty plot with all of us manga readers. FOREVER.

I will admit that Fairy Tail would be far from the worst thing to air on Toonami. See: SAO, that space themed fanservice garbage, etc.
But Bleach good

filler Bleach

Necrovex

BTW, Rave Master also got a repeat run on Syfy's Ani-Monday block.

Was it redubbed? I remember the Toonami version was the 4Kids version.

Also, I have a perfect show for Toonami-Gaf, Hajime No Ippo. We would all bond because how fantastic it is and begin to love boxing.

Tenumi

Banned
SAO being awful didn't hurt its hype coming over here.

In fact it helped it. Toonami is also known for its delightful hate watches.

It's part of the reason I actively want Fairy Tail on the block.

I'm... not actually opposed to it on the block. Yeah, another long Shounen, but I'm interested at least. I might start it someday if I ever have a lull in my anime watching.

I might actually be on tonight (as in from Bleach - SAO). Depends on my awakeness, though. Working on some side projects.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Long running shonen shows are the bread and butter of Toonami. Of course, the plans of Toonami also may include an expansion back into Saturdays.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Was it redubbed? I remember the Toonami version was the 4Kids version.

Also, I have a perfect show for Toonami-Gaf, Hajime No Ippo. We would all bond because how fantastic it is and begin to love boxing.

I've said this before, sadly we won't get it. Unless DeMarco decides he likes the new season and wants to air it all from jump

BatDan

Does anyone even own the rights to Ippo? According to Wiki, the first season, a movie and an OVA were dubbed by Geneon, but they went under years ago.

bigkrev

Well, I accidentally took a 5 hour nap today, after waking up at noon.

Only problem is that I missed the last 2 weeks dues to falling asleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom