• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

The highlights of the Q&A

-FLCL will only air once and something new will start in November please stay tuned
-The contract they had with Bandai expired for Bebop so they'll have to acquire a new one from Funimation which they would like to do
-DBZ, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, Naruto Shippuden, and Toriko are the top 5 request anime for the block by fans
-Toonami is an action block though they would consider putting on a "great show with little action", in a later question they specificed Stein's Gate as a "great show' which lead some people to speculate Toonami would acquire it
-They would love to get more western cartoons but the western action cartoon market is dead and Cartoon Network/Boomerang won't let them have their action shows specifically Samurai Jack was mentioned (as it's on Boomerang)
-Webcomic is still coming... slowly
-They plan to have more small indy anime like Kickheart in the future
-Movie night is in the works for this fall/winter

Maybe CN should stop killing all their good action cartoons then *cough*Symbiotic Titan*cough* *cough*Young Justice*cough* *cough*Green Lantern*cough*

I also heard mumbling about a possible expansion. True or was somebody talking out of their ass or reading into things that weren't there?

Seda

I also heard mumbling about a possible expansion. True or was somebody talking out of their ass or reading into things that weren't there?

Not sure about this most recent Q&A, but from the one before that:

BHx5Kgk.png

4nRfnUq.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've always wanted Toonami to do Fridays. They've almost never done anything anime on that day besides a very brief period with .hack Legend of the Twilight Bracelet and I believe a short run of new Inuyasha episodes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I get .hack flashbacks from SAO from audio cues more than the dumb plot despite them being about practically the same thing only on a different scale.

Seda

Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe the main theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCvmx28g4_s

I was talking about a specific melody for about ten seconds.

Actually I found it.

Xenosaga III - Promised Pain, from 1:26 to 1:35 in that video I linked.

And then, Sword Art Online episode 9. Right when Asuna charges at the boss around mid episode after one of the soldier guys is killed.

(wow all the episodes are easily found on YouTube right now...not English subs though)

It's extremely similar.

That's all I was saying, when I was watching it I knew it sounded like something I had heard before. I was wondering if it was just the Yuki Kajiura style I was hearing, turns out it was specifically a part of another one of her pieces that I recalled.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I was talking about a specific melody for about ten seconds.

Actually I found it.

Xenosaga III - Promised Pain, from 1:26 to 1:35 in that video I linked.

And then, Sword Art Online episode 9. Right when Asuna charges at the boss around mid episode after one of the soldier guys is killed.

(wow all the episodes are easily found on YouTube right now...not English subs though)

It's extremely similar.

There is a portion of another song from SAO (~5 seconds) that I've heard that sounds like part of Mami's theme from Madoka.

Every composer has their own style, and sometimes, that includes recurring musical phrases.

And most American anime distributors don't care about subbed episodes it seems. Hell, Funimation allows you watch subbed eps on their website (and on occasion dubbed eps too, though sometimes they put them behind a paywall)

Mature

I get .hack flashbacks from SAO from audio cues more than the dumb plot despite them being about practically the same thing only on a different scale.
The cues alone might not be the only thing considering they share the same composer. Also, as far as the scale of the incident in SAO, in the beginning of .hack//G.U. Reminisce
there was a server wide lock down of PCs being stuck in the game. That is to say, it was the same exact scenario as the beginning of SAO.
I'm sure it's just coincidence!

Edit: Oops, I need to read better. We're already talking about the composer.

Seda

There is a portion of another song from SAO (~5 seconds) that I've heard that sounds like part of Mami's theme from Madoka.

Every composer has their own style, and sometimes, that includes recurring musical phrases.

And most American anime distributors don't care about subbed episodes it seems. Hell, Funimation allows you watch subbed eps on their website (and on occasion dubbed eps too, though sometimes they put them behind a paywall)

mmhmm. I'm not surprised or anything that she reused a phrase, more like a relief that I was able to figure out where I was remembering it from, specifically, haha. I spent a few minutes going through the Xenosaga soundtracks to find it.

The universe is looking out for me, guys. The problem that I thought I was gonna have to deal with is no longer an issue. I'll be here for years to come.

I like Kikyo a lot better when she's playing the role of a villain attempting to get the shards for Naraku then when she was all "I hate/love you InuYasha die with me". I mean she still is like that but at least she has more to her character now.

Glad to be back, guys. Just catching up on what I missed. Bleach is so stupid as usual. When will this torture end? Thankfully a little Shikamaru action takes away some of the pain. As for One Piece, I saw that heel turn coming a mile away. I mean seriously, it's not like the Foxy pirates were good people. The only good thing that came out from the episode was getting to see Robin and Chopper play boardgames. <3 Robin. Anywho, i'll always feel bad for Crona. Dude(Dudette?) doesn't deserve such a crappy mom. What can I say about SAO other than "ugh". And IGPX was pretty fun. I don't really care to watch the other shows given that i've already seen most of them a million times and I don't care for Clone Wars.

Glad to be back, guys. Just catching up on what I missed. Bleach is so stupid as usual. When will this torture end? Thankfully a little Shikamaru action takes away some of the pain. As for One Piece, I saw that heel turn coming a mile away. I mean seriously, it's not like the Foxy pirates were good people. The only good thing that came out from the episode was getting to see Robin and Chopper play boardgames. <3 Robin. Anywho, i'll always feel bad for Crona. Dude(Dudette?) doesn't deserve such a crappy mom. What can I say about SAO other than "ugh". And IGPX was pretty fun. I don't really care to watch the other shows given that i've already seen most of them a million times and I don't care for Clone Wars.

R3 was a bad guy and they saved R2

Now you're caught up on Clone Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom