• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Glad to be back, guys. Just catching up on what I missed. Bleach is so stupid as usual. When will this torture end? Thankfully a little Shikamaru action takes away some of the pain. As for One Piece, I saw that heel turn coming a mile away. I mean seriously, it's not like the Foxy pirates were good people. The only good thing that came out from the episode was getting to see Robin and Chopper play boardgames. <3 Robin. Anywho, i'll always feel bad for Crona. Dude(Dudette?) doesn't deserve such a crappy mom. What can I say about SAO other than "ugh". And IGPX was pretty fun. I don't really care to watch the other shows given that i've already seen most of them a million times and I don't care for Clone Wars.

Welcome back!

Oh and were you in the pre-show two Saturdays ago? If you were then you got some good stuff to catch up on too. Especially Steins;Gate.

ReiGun

Dat Paper Moon edit...

iblnzw1QjjYvTf.gif

I'm keep falling asleep before SAO comes on. Whether that's a gift or not, I can't say. Either way, time to catch up.

Toonami |OT7| Nothing amazing happens here

Toonami |OT7| What does Fooly Cooly mean?

Toonami |OT7| We never know best

Toonami |OT7| Nothing can happen until you swing the bat

Toonami |OT7| What about eyebrows?

Seda

I was thinking about a Water Seven title to start, considering that first week in OT7 will be right at the start of that.

I can change the title whenever I want, we can do an FLCL title when it comes a few weeks later.

I could change the title every week if I was crazy.

Some FLCL Quotes:

Look at this. It's empty, there's no brain. Did you lose it somewhere?

If that thing hits, do you think we'll have school tomorrow?

It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.

YOU are a million years under-evolved, primitive monkey!

You wanna come along?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I was thinking about a Water Seven title to start, considering that first week in OT7 will be right at the start of that.

I can change the title whenever I want, we can do an FLCL title when it comes a few weeks later.

Toonami |OT7| Now arriving at Water 7 station, ETA: 9 years late

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you count Sesshy as a foil/side villain and if you consider Kikyo a main character that would leave Koga as the most commonly reoccurring character on the show.

Koga is a jerk, massacres humans to feed his wolves. He even ran away like a wuss once InuYasha was about to use his wind scar.

yeah, the show kinda just forgets about Koga going around murdering people.

Schadenfreude said:
The universe is looking out for me, guys. The problem that I thought I was gonna have to deal with is no longer an issue. I'll be here for years to come.

tumblr_m43wkv67zF1r16xz9.gif

Toonami |OT7| Now arriving at Water 7 station, ETA: 9 years late

I'm okay with this

If you count Sesshy as a foil/side villain and if you consider Kikyo a main character that would leave Koga as the most commonly reoccurring character on the show.

iMOeV9pOB9k8h.gif

Ha I laughed

yeah, the show kinda just forgets about Koga going around murdering people.

This series always seems to get about things

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

We don't actually arrive in Water 7 for several weeks. Not until October 26 by my count.

Seda

We don't actually arrive in Water 7 for several weeks. Not until October 26 by my count.

Oh, I'm unfamiliar with One Piece beyond this point aside from some general arc names, and I assumed the canon that starts a week from Saturday was the onset of 'Water Seven'.

Oh, I'm unfamiliar with One Piece beyond this point aside from some general arc names, and I assumed the canon that starts a week from Saturday was the onset of 'Water Seven'.

well, technically the canon material coming up is the end of the Davy Back Fight arc in the manga.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's a bit confusing.

In the manga, after the Davy Back Fight ended, the Straw Hats meet
Aokiji
, have that fight, and sail on to Water 7.

In the anime, after the Davy Back Fight ended, we got filler interrupting the meeting with
Aokiji

The point is, October 12th is the true return to canon. Another reason to look forward to that day.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's a little screwy. Like the others said, it's TECHNICALLY the end of Davy Back Fight.

You could still perhaps say it's the start of the Water 7 Arc, and it's definitely the start of the CP9 Saga, but it's still a few more weeks until the crew actually goes to Water 7 regardless.

LOLDSFAN

I don't know if this would go against protocol, but why don't you do something like

Toonami |OT Water 7| Blah blah something witty.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

It is. Arguing that Water 7 doesn't start after next week is like arguing the Trunks/Android saga doesn't start until Trunks appears. Just because we have a particular event and some travel time to go through doesn't mean it's not Water 7 time. Especially in the anime where the next few chapters have been fully separated from the Davy Back Fight events.

Hell, Water 7 even gets name dropped soon!

Yeah I consider the beginning of the Water 7 Arc to be when
Aokiji
shows up so the "finally arriving at Water 7" title works well enough the new OT will basically be christened with IMO the first episode of that arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom