• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently I saw less then I thought after the fourth episodes everything is completely new lol that's okay Inuyasha is still pretty fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm so glad I found a group of people that love the modern day Inuyasha episodes as much as I do.

I specifically tune into/record those ones.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
yeah i cant say what it is, but i dont mind watching inyuasha start to finish over and over again, obviously not all in a single sitting or whatever, but its something i would like to watch, its probably the same as the fresh prince of bel air or the cosby show that has been rerunning for like 20 years, you dont mind watching it at all even when it comes on quite frequently

Yea Inuyasha's like that. I don't know anyone who would marathon it, but it's a good popcorn show.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah obviously they'd be crazy to do that...

:lol

I meant if you've already seen the whole thing once, odds are you won't want to marathon it. It's not one of those shows that you see it once and never want to see again, or don't really care if you do.

Moaradin

Inuyasha is one of those shows that I've probably seen all the episodes just by catching one episode from time to time on TV for years. I do want to watch it proper one of these days though. Especially since it finally got finished.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Inuyasha is one of those shows that I've probably seen all the episodes just by catching one episode from time to time on TV for years. I do want to watch it proper one of these days though. Especially since it finally got finished.

I hope they move it's time slot up when it comes time to air TFA.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So apparently I saw less then I thought after the fourth episodes everything is completely new lol that's okay Inuyasha is still pretty fun.
yeah thats another thing with a show like inyuasha, is that you might have thought youve seen every episode but then this episode comes along and your like "wait wtf is this, how did i miss this?" same with episodes that you've seen like once and so is still a breath of fresh air when you finally catch it again
I'm so glad I found a group of people that love the modern day Inuyasha episodes as much as I do.

I specifically tune into/record those ones.
brother
Yea Inuyasha's like that. I don't know anyone who would marathon it, but it's a good popcorn show.
thats exactly it, thanks for explaining it one sentence that i did in a slightly vague way lol

:lol

I meant if you've already seen the whole thing once, odds are you won't want to marathon it. It's not one of those shows that you see it once and never want to see again, or don't really care if you do.

Even series I love that are short I can't imagine marathoning anytime soon unless it was with a friend who's never seen it before. Cowboy bebop is really the only show that I've watched multiple times with and without friends simply because I always find new things each view further cementing it as perfection

Edit: thinking about it bebop is largely vignette anyways, so the viewing order outside of a few episodes doesn't really matter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wished they would air the movies too. I really enjoyed Inuyasha Movie 2 & 4.

I remember they showed them on Adultswim a few years back. Inuyasha's one series where the movies weren't bad at all. They sort of fit in even though they aren't cannon. You can't really say that about any other series where the author has no involvement with the movies.

Even series I love that are short I can't imagine marathoning anytime soon unless it was with a friend who's never seen it before. Cowboy bebop is really the only show that I've watched multiple times with and without friends simply because I always find new things each view further cementing it as perfection

Edit: thinking about it bebop is largely vignette anyways, so the viewing order outside of a few episodes doesn't really matter.

What I meant was it's not like any of us will go and watch SAO or GPX for fun, or at all after they've finished airing. I know if I see GPX come on I'll change the channel. Inuyasha is the sort of thing that even after you watch it if it's on you'll watch it.

I remember they showed them on Adultswim a few years back. Inuyasha's one series where the movies weren't bad at all. They sort of fit in even though they aren't cannon. You can't really say that about any other series where the author has no involvement with the movies.

What I meant was it's not like any of us will go and watch SAO or GPX for fun, or at all after they've finished airing. I know if I see GPX come on I'll change the channel. Inuyasha is the sort of thing that even after you watch it if it's on you'll watch it.

Ahh gotcha, yeah I can see that even after only 5 episodes. There's always good action beats and good comedy moments in each episode.

I wished they would air the movies too. I really enjoyed Inuyasha Movie 2 & 4.

AS has done movie nights with the Inuyasha movies before, so I don't see why Toonami couldn't do them. Maybe during the holidays. It's probably easier to broadcast a movie than a whole night of programming.

For those of you who've seen the inuyasha films, can you help me identify one? I saw it years ago at Hawaiicon but really don't remember much about it. All I recall was the finale where they storm a castle and the final scene of inuyasha and the girl sitting on a hill and it ends with her telling him to sit because he hadn't had the collar on in awhile or something like that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ahh gotcha, yeah I can see that even after only 5 episodes. There's always good action beats and good comedy moments in each episode.

Yea and you aren't even at the really good stuff yet. There are some really great episodes and arcs later on, I still go back and watch episodes where
he goes to present day
or the
Band of Seven
arc.

For those of you who've seen the inuyasha films, can you help me identify one? I saw it years ago at Hawaiicon but really don't remember much about it. All I recall was the finale where they storm a castle and the final scene of inuyasha and the girl sitting on a hill and it ends with her telling him to sit because he hadn't had the collar on in awhile or something like that.

Probably Movie 4.

Yea and you aren't even at the really good stuff yet. There are some really great episodes and arcs later on, I still go back and watch episodes where
he goes to present day
or the
Band of Seven
arc.

Probably Movie 4.

When can I watch the films without getting spoiled for characters and such?

Edit: also thanks!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ignoring the spoilers lol

When can I watch the films without getting spoiled for characters and such?

Hmm, you should be safe after they form the full squad. The movies tend not to bother with the main plot so after you meet all the main guys you should be fine.

I dont remember what order the movies are in but i know my favorite one is the movie where they showed inyuasha's dad, who was a badass and how he died and inyuasha and shesshomaru had to team up to bring down their father's enemy, they were just wrecking through an entire undead army to get to him. fun fact for that movie though, inyuasha's dad was created just for that movie, until that point not even in the manga was their dad ever shown, he's cannon but cannon in the way super saiyan 4 and the GT designs were cannon

That was movie 4.

foxuzamaki

I dont remember what order the movies are in but i know my favorite one is the movie where they showed inyuasha's dad, who was a badass and how he died and inyuasha and shesshomaru had to team up to bring down their father's enemy, they were just wrecking through an entire undead army to get to him. fun fact for that movie though, inyuasha's dad was created just for that movie, until that point not even in the manga was their dad ever shown, he's cannon but cannon in the way super saiyan 4 and the GT designs were cannon

Hmm, you should be safe after they form the full squad. The movies tend not to bother with the main plot so after you meet all the main guys you should be fine.

Do you happen to know off hand what episode the full party is complete? I honestly don't know any of the inyuasha characters outside of the main two and
inyuasha's old love interest who looks like Kagome and creates a love triangle
cause I've seen those episodes oddly enough

That was movie 4.

Yeah that sounds familiar to me as well, guess we were both looking for the same film lol

i finished watching Berserk

jaw-dropping-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2375.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Do you happen to know off hand what episode the full party is complete? I honestly don't know any of the inyuasha characters outside of the main two and

Uhh, shit it's been a few years but off-hand I'd say it'll be before 20.

i finished watching Berserk

jaw-dropping-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2375.gif

Now go read it and see all the glorious shit that was not adapted. Then cry with the rest of us at it's tri-yearly release schedule.

foxuzamaki

That was movie 4.

thanks, might just rewatch tonight for fun

foxuzamaki

Yeah that sounds familiar to me as well, guess we were both looking for the same film lol
just did some research and its actually the 3rd movie
http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/InuYasha_the_Movie:_Swords_of_an_Honorable_Ruler

foxuzamaki

Really? Then which one was 4?

4 is when a scar appeared on children and shit goes down, i dont remember all of it, i just remember it having really good animation and shesshomaru being badass, it also made me aware that inyuasha(in general) can reach DBZ-ish levels in terms of attacks

foxuzamaki

*shudders* What even was that show? I saw glimpses and it offended my eyes.

it offended me for a while, then i watched it one time out of boredom, was like "meh its ok i guess" i didnt dedicate my time to it everyday but i started slowly to like it, never got past like mind you but i saw the appeal eventually

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also if I had to choose between a Bleach movie night, a Naruto movie night, A One Piece Movie night, and an Inuyasha movie night, I'd pick One Piece.

Ok that is obvious. But if OP was off the table? Inuyasha has way better movies than those other two, besides that crazy and hilarious late shippuden alt reality movie which wouldn't be on the table anyways.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also if I had to choose between a Bleach movie night, a Naruto movie night, A One Piece Movie night, and an Inuyasha movie night, I'd pick One Piece.

Ok that is obvious. But if OP was off the table? Inuyasha has way better movies than those other two, besides that crazy and hilarious late shippuden alt reality movie which wouldn't be on the table anyways.

I think I'd go Inuyasha over OP as far as movies go. OP movies are good, but most the really good ones require us to be a lot further along in continuity than we are now.

But if they air the first Naruto movie we can spend the entire night making Naruto Abridged jokes. It'll be fantastic!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The dubbed ones are what, Alabasta, Chopper, Strong World (soon)

Both of those would make good if hilariously inaccurate catch up movies.

To be fair though Movie 6 would be the absolute best and they've said nothing about dubbing it.

Oh they never dubbed Chopper! It's not as good as the anime version of drum island anyways and it is a continuity nightmare, but its not bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom