• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope they say eff continuity and show strong world a few months after it is released. Strong World is boss (and like any anime movie also doesn't care about continuity one bit)

Raxus

I hope they say eff continuity and show strong world a few months after it is released. Strong World is boss (and like any anime movie also doesn't care about continuity one bit)

It would be nice to see it during/after EL so it only spoils two major things as opposed to three major things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is anyone else familiar with Tenjho Tenge?
Think I read a volume or two from my friend but then stopped because I heard/saw they censored a ton of stuff which really annoyed me. I...THINK I saw an episode or two of the anime (I remember that catchy OP with people dancing), but otherwise, my memory is vague on that series aside from that one girl who can change ages.

Think I read a volume or two from my friend but then stopped because I heard/saw they censored a ton of stuff which really annoyed me. I...THINK I saw an episode or two of the anime (I remember that catchy OP with people dancing), but otherwise, my memory is vague on that series aside from that one girl who can change ages.
Never read the manga but I watched the anime semi recently and really enjoyed it. It would never come to toonami but would be a good fit at the tail end of the block in my opinion.

Seda

wCfQpFE.png

Seda

somethingsomethingBleachFillersomethingsomething

Well, we'll see if it can keep ratings as the filler drags on.

Big O did a LOT better this week

BassForever said:
That makes a lot of sense, the Bankai release is similar to inu's "I wanna protect humans" unlock for his weapon

(sorta spoilers about how that's handled in the series)
they more or less drop that and InuYasha can just use the sword whenever the hell he wants

Seda

It was a fun filler episode though.

I'm not saying filler should have lower ratings or anything like that, I'm just saying it's amusing as a spectator for the "dreaded" filler to rate well right now. But I'm also curious to see if it keeps stable.

Then DeMarco will just laugh and laugh.

mhs004

If there is a bleach the final act over the current manga arc. Is there a chance that it would be released simultaneously on Toonami. Were they not looking int a simultaneous show or something to that effect?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying filler should have lower ratings or anything like that, I'm just saying it's amusing as a spectator for the "dreaded" filler to rate well right now. But I'm also curious to see if it keeps stable.

Then DeMarco will just laugh and laugh.

Bleach filler always does just fine.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Also, could Bebop ratings be a sign that people are tired of it repeating non stop?

Some of the patterns in the rating are hard to ignore. Nothing requires immediate action, but I'd say that is a likely explanation.

The wildest thing is when ratings start going up again at 5am for Inuyasha. Might be people getting up early at the ass crack of dawn on Sunday morning and catching some anime, but it's still interesting.

Glad to see things are going well. Although I can't help but think that if they put something flashier in the 2:30am spot, the hold would be slightly better. Switching IGPX and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Some of the patterns in the rating are hard to ignore. Nothing requires immediate action, but I'd say that is a likely explanation.

The wildest thing is when ratings start going up again at 5am for Inuyasha. Might be people getting up early at the ass crack of dawn on Sunday morning and catching some anime, but it's still interesting.

Glad to see things are going well. Although I can't help but think that if they put something flashier in the 2:30am spot, the hold would be slightly better. Switching IGPX and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

That or Big O, though I think part of the problem is that from SAO -> IGPX you lose not only people who can't stay up but you also lose people who are only here for premiers and not reruns. Sadly there's no way to test without premiering another new show at 2:30 and pushing everything back and either dropping 30 minutes of InuYasha or Bebop

Honestly, I think the fretting over the drop to IGPX is misplaced. I would expect one - I mean, it's pushing 3am in the morning, expecting people to hang around for re-runs is a lot.

However, the showing for SAO means it is pulling people to stay later into the night which means premiering a new show in IGPX's slot could do the same, giving you ratings potential if expansion is not an option.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I actually like the Berserk opening. I know it isn't very good, but it really grew on me at the time so it has a fond place in my heart. The ending is extremely bad though, I think I usually skipped it.

Berserk's opening is kinda like Gantz's first ending for me. They're not really standouts, but they fit the mood of what the show was like at that point. Berserk probably would be served better with something more gothic, but I think they were trying to go for the hot blooded thing.

well, i don't actually hate the song (the Uber Engrish is kinda weirdly charming) but i don't think it fits the show AT ALL and it just became an even more jarring shift to play that song as the show went on, when it was already sort of weird to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom