• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, reading the manga is faster, but I'd rather see the fights animated than sit through page after page of Kubo's incoherent ink slashes. Bleach doesn't exactly have the greatest story, people like it because of the action so in this case anime>manga. If he's already seen 80% of the series (roughly episode 255), dedicating an hour each day to watching Bleach should get him caught up in no time; that's 3 episodes a day. We're on 319 now so if my calculations are correct, he would be caught back up for the night of November 16th which is exactly one month from now. That's not too long of a wait for a better experience.

See the above response

I'm not so sure Bleach is going to re-air. I have no idea what kind of deal toonami has but I'm sure the rights are expensive. They probably wouldn't shove it to the back of the block to get 600-700K views a night for the money they're paying to air it. We'll find out for sure sometime in the spring.

There is a difference between marathoning a series to be caught up for story purposes on toonami vs marathoning a series to just enjoy the series. I'll agree the anime of Bleach does fights better the the mangas scribble art, but simply for catching up with the plot for a group watch I could read all of Bleach in a week, I know I did that last year lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I will work on the first survey this week and it will go out some time Saturday or Friday. Maybe. Maybe....

Also please do not think of filling out multiple surveys and be a jerk please. =D

There is a difference between marathoning a series to be caught up for story purposes on toonami vs marathoning a series to just enjoy the series. I'll agree the anime of Bleach does fights better the the mangas scribble art, but simply for catching up with the plot for a group watch I could read all of Bleach in a week, I know I did that last year lol

If you want to catch up on the plot then read the wiki, the manga is pretty bad in my opinion considering Bleach is action heavy. But that's just me.

Skip one off filler, the only good part of Bleach after the SS arc? No way in hell.

You're a masochist for pain

I watched the Dark Tournament stuff this weekend. It was fucking glorious.

The best shonen arc of all time, Urameshi da boss

tumblr_mpsw7qsFff1rlo8c6o1_1280.gif

If you want to catch up on the plot then read the wiki, the manga is pretty bad in my opinion considering Bleach is action heavy. But that's just me.

Wiki isn't really great for a series like Bleach, far too many characters running around. It was hard enough remembering all the characters in the manga it's be 10x worse on a wiki

Seda

Wiki isn't really great for a series like Bleach, far too many characters running around. It was hard enough remembering all the characters in the manga it's be 10x worse on a wiki

Whenever MetatronM's quick blurbs mention a character that isn't Ichigo/Rukia or whatever I usually have to look it up because I don't know them by name.

I guess it would be hard for a casual fan to keep up with everyone but there's hyperlinks for a reason. I must have a good memory because remembering the cast has never really been an issue for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whenever MetatronM's quick blurbs mention a character that isn't Ichigo/Rukia or whatever I usually have to look it up because I don't know them by name.

Pretty much. Really doesn't help that most of the names aren't exactly easy to pronounce in english.

I guess it would be hard for a casual fan to keep up with everyone but there's hyperlinks for a reason. I must have a good memory because remembering the cast has never really been an issue for me.

The only characters I forgot reading the manga were Gin's vice captain with the weight sword and the bald guy when they reappeared in fake karakura town. Still wiki is great for a refresher not to experience a series the first time.

The only characters I forgot reading the manga were Gin's vice captain with the weight sword and the bald guy when they reappeared in fake karakura town. Still wiki is great for a refresher not to experience a series the first time.

The guy with the weight sword (wabisuke) is Kira. How could you forget this guy; the Substitute/New Captain Amagai arc practically revolved around him!

Kiraizuru.png

By "the blad guy" I'm going to assume you're referring to Ikaku. He plays a role in almost every arc, not sure how you could forget him either.

tumblr_m0hrt4jeXN1r9n5tuo1_500.gif

The guy with the weight sword (wabisuke) is Kira. How could you forget this guy; the Substitute/New Captain Amagai arc practically revolved around him!

Kiraizuru.png

By "the blad guy" I'm going to assume you're referring to Ikaku. He plays a role in almost every arc, not sure how you could forget him either.

tumblr_m0hrt4jeXN1r9n5tuo1_500.gif

Kira only has two fights in the manga, one against boobs in soul society and one protecting the pillars against an Arracar. I've not seen the anime outside of toonami since march, the first 10ish episodes on my season 1 dvd set, and the key moments/fights I wanted to see like end of hypnotism, vs grimjoww, vs uqlorra, etc.

I did remember Ikaku without having to look him up though unlike Kira. Though he was one of the few characters spoilers for past toonami
made sense to show up to save Ichigo and fight the Fullbringers unlike Ice Tard who has only had like 2 scenes with Ichigo in the entire manga

I know Bleach filler arcs expand on the roles of the minor Gotei 13 members but the manga down plays their importance until they basically steal the spotlight half way through the hueco mundo arc.

TL21xx

Banned
With how long Bebop has been running, any length of break is a good thing.

Not going to be able to catch Toonami this weekend, going out of town on a retreat, so no cable. Will be DVRing it though, sounds like it'll be a good lineup this weekend.

Kira's shikai is especially dangerous because if you don't know it's power before hand by the time you figure it out it's almost too late. If you know before hand it's easy to counter, but you can say the same of most zampakto in Bleach.

Even if Wabisuke just added being able to affect things from a distance, it'd be OP.

Brah, everyone has an ability that can be considered "OP" but there's a counter for almost every single character. Matsumoto could easily wreck Kira, her shikai release turns Haineko to ash which surrounds the opponent and cuts them.

1. Kira attacks with Wabisuke
2. Matsumoto blocks, sword weight is doubled
3. Kira attacks again, Matsumoto blocks and then releases Shikai
4. Thousands of ash particles float into the air, surrounding Kira and cutting the shit out of him

Fight over.
Twister.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The thing that actually excites me about them losing the rights to Bebop is that when they do get it back it will be with brand new tapes.

Brah, everyone has an ability that can be considered "OP" but there's a counter for almost every single character. Matsumoto could easily wreck Kira, her shikai release turns Haineko to ash which surrounds the opponent and cuts them.

1. Kira attacks with Wabisuke
2. Matsumoto blocks, sword weight is doubled
3. Kira attacks again, Matsumoto blocks and then releases Shikai
4. Thousands of ash particles float into the air, surrounding Kira and cutting the shit out of him

Fight over.
Twister.jpg
Why'd you quote me twice? Anywho, we're talking about a hypothetical Wabisuke bankai that would certainly add more than just one ability. I've seen the episode where they fight too. No need to explain it to me.

Why'd you quote me twice? Anywho, we're talking about a hypothetical Wabisuke bankai that would certainly add more than just one ability. I've seen the episode where they fight too. No need to explain it to me.

I didn't quote twice on purpose, GAF is messing up lately if you haven't noticed.

Hypothetical or not, Kira isn't hard to counter for certain people. You're talking about his bankai being able to add weight from a distance; I can think of multiple ways to get around that. Also, how was I supposed to know you had seen that episode before? Of course I'm going to explain it and give context..

Hypothetical or not, Kira isn't hard to counter for certain people. You're talking about his bankai being able to add weight from a distance; I can think of multiple ways to get around that.
I still think Kira's bankai would be pretty OP. They usually have more than one ability or attack and his is already pretty unique. Lots of ways something with gravity could be made OP. But whatever. It's all a moot point since we know Kubo won't do anything with him.

Beat Pokemon last night:

ibfi9B0eDLphlW.PNG

Also, I'm late on Friend Codes:

0104-0301-6485

PM if you add me.
At what level did you choose to evolve Floette?

Am I the only one here who reads History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi, or has seen the anime? I feel like people here would really like that series.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Love the anime. Remember the manga exists every year or so and catch up. The dub is quite good and it would fit Toonami quite well. It's a fairly cheap Funimation show, 52 episodes, action/comedy with some amount but not too much plot and backstory.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright guys. Hidden in my post you will find the link to a secret survey. What is this secret survey? I'm glad you asked! In order to fill up a slot on the ToonamiGAF Pre-Show Watchblock we need suggestions for shows. Serious suggestions! Any suggestion is good, however, keep in mind that the primary reason why this watchblock exists is to show awesome shows that people haven't seen, such as Valvrave (Yes we know some of you hate it.). As a result this will be the first survey to gather information on what shows we should have. A second survey will go out to finalize what show we should watch.

Fill out the survey and read the directions! It's important. Other than that, go HAM.

Alright guys. Hidden in my post you will find the link to a secret survey. What is this secret survey? I'm glad you asked! In order to fill up a slot on the ToonamiGAF Pre-Show Watchblock we need suggestions for shows. Serious suggestions! Any suggestion is good, however, keep in mind that the primary reason why this watchblock exists is to show awesome shows that people haven't seen, such as Valvrave (Yes we know some of you hate it.). As a result this will be the first survey to gather information on what shows we should have. A second survey will go out to finalize what show we should watch.

Fill out the survey and read the directions! It's important. Other than that, go HAM.

Can do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom