• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I quite like the third Soul Eater ending.

Don't care much for Sword Art Online's opening.

I usually don't pick favorites out of the OP/EDs I do like because I can never settle on one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nothing will ever match FMA and FMA:B's consistency on opening and endings besides a few shows that just had one great opening and ending.

Seda

Nothing will ever match FMA and FMA:B's consistency on opening and endings besides a few shows that just had one great opening and ending.

I was actually going to mention FMA. I like all the Brotherhood openings except the first not too much (the up-tempo part doesnt feel right to me) and all the endings except for the third.

FMA original I don't remember as well, I think the 4th opening (EDIT: Yes, ReWrite) is the only one I don't care for much. 2nd opening is burned into my memory.

Actually off the top of my end I don't remember FMA's endings, it's been a while.

man, the edit for that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse than Paper Moon.

also, the fourth Brotherhood opening is sex.

Yeah the full ending is great. And Period is pretty amazing.

also randomly, the opening for Pokemon: The Origin is pretty great. (the one i linked is kinda poorly edited, but you get the point)

the FMA opening that stood out to me the most was probably the second one.

TheChits

SAO's opening is good workout music for me and I can appreciate the rest of the music so far.

Holy shit at Kill la Kill episode 3.
So damn good
EWmof.gif

Seda

Here's an interview with DeMarco, linked from the Tumblr. Not any news of specifics of the future of course, but still an interesting read.

http://reviewordie.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/jason-demarco/

And of course, we’re all dying to know… what can you tell us about the future of the better cartoon show?

All I can say is we just finished our Toonami planning meeting for 2013/2014, and the future is looking VERY bright. I’m excited about all the stuff we have coming, you will be too I think!

Holy shit at Kill la Kill episode 3.

Eh, I dunno. The last 5 minutes where
Ryuko learns how to wear her uniform and fights on an even level with Satsuki
was the only part I enjoyed. I feel like they got to this confrontation too quickly though; after showing
how powerful Senketsu can make Ryuko
it removes the element of danger from the other members of student council. If she
has a 100% fiber suit and can fight on an even level with the strongest person in Honnouji Academy, the other Goku uniform users shouldn't even be a challenge.

ckohler

I agree with MCXC. Unless each student council member has some kind of trick that sidesteps their lower power levels, then this episode's
fight took all the tension away from future battles

Also, Mako continues to be the best character.

Wanted to share with my favorite gaffers I just finished my physical therapy today! Combined with my new job starting Monday life has never been better :D

Crocodile

If the fanservice in SAO flies, then that in Kill la Kill should fly too (or at least be allowed to fly). At least the later show not only owns/owns up to it, but it's clear from the trajectory the show is taking, Satsuki & Ryuoko have a good shot of at least being remembered as being especially badass/awesome/enjoyable shonen characters (regardless of gender). You can't say the same for any of the females in SAO or Bleach or Naruto or a lot of shows unfortunately :( Thankfully One Piece (though I dunno if I'd say it has a lot of "badass" females), Soul Eater and FMA are much better in this regard.

I agree with MCXC. Unless each student council member has some kind of trick that sidesteps their lower power levels, then this episode's

I don't necessarily disagree but the show already seems to suggest that more stars =/= auto win. Similar to One Piece in which Logia Devil Fruit powers are the strongest in the universe but Logias have been consistently been battled on an even level or even straight trumped by those without Logia powers or
even by those without Devil Fruits

Also looking back at Gurren Lagaan, probably a more apt comparison, once Simon et al. learned/mastered fusion and had their climatic battle with Viral (which also happened in that show's episode 3.........), they were technically stronger than every other antagonist in the show
due to Spiral Power
until they met Lord Genome. That didn't stop the battles between episodes 3-15 from both being hard for them and enjoyable to spectate. We'll see how it plays out but I'm not worried yet.

Wanted to share with my favorite gaffers I just finished my physical therapy today! Combined with my new job starting Monday life has never been better :D

Good things happening to good people is always good to see :)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
was the only part I enjoyed. I feel like they got to this confrontation too quickly though; after showing
it removes the element of danger from the other members of student council. If she
has a 100% fiber suit and can fight on an even level with the strongest person in Honnouji Academy, the other Goku uniform users shouldn't even be a challenge.

You guys are gonna get swerved falling for this

Well she still needs those fiber things and she still only scratched the surface of Senketsu now that she knows how to wear him properly.

I don't necessarily disagree but the show already seems to suggest that more stars =/= auto win.

If she can
fight on par with the strongest character in the series without having mastered the suit
then logic says that nobody else should be able to defeat her. The tension has completely been taken out of the show for me;
the only person capable of beating Ryuko is Satsuki so every fight until their rematch is going to have a predictable ending.

You guys are gonna get swerved falling for this

You've gotta start elaborating on your posts man

Well she still needs those fiber things and she still only scratched the surface of Senketsu now that she knows how to wear him properly.

You strengthened my point

First things first:

Excellent news, Bass and good to hear it.

Now, on to Kill la Kill discussion (as the thread moves away from Pokemon to this):

I'm still on the side that Ryuko isn't going to get an instawin on everyone going forward, especially since Satsuki won't make it easy for her, and a three-star was shown finding the weakness in a five-star uniform. Power without control isn't an advantage.

Also, who knows if Ryuko's Senketsu is as powerful as Satsuki's? Hers had three needles drinking her blood compared to just one for Ryuko's.

(Hey hey, finally I get to add to the forest of black bars in this thread for a change)

foxuzamaki

If she can
fight on par with the strongest character in the series without having mastered the suit
then logic says that nobody else should be able to defeat her. The tension has completely been taken out of the show for me;
the only person capable of beating Ryuko is Satsuki so every fight until their rematch is going to have a predictable ending.

You've gotta start elaborating on your posts man

You strengthened my point

It's simple really, following what the show has done, making the main character
already equal to the "final boss"
means that 1 of 2 things will happen
1 that the enemies before the boss will be alot smarter than Ryuko and she will end up with her ass beat( until she gets smart enough to counter them(satsuki will also be getting stronger during this time naturally)
or
A big swerve is coming, maybe someone stronger then all of them will show up, the fact that they started on satsuki's backstory already and have her put on the suit and everything by episode 3 is very telling.

MCXC from what I've seen of Gurren Lagann and from what I've seen of Kill La Kill I wouldn't be too worried about the MC being "too powerful"

Edit: Just cleaned up my computer of some shitty malware search engine that hijacked it, while redownloading my add-ons I realize there was a script for quick post along with thread auto refresh. How did I live before this moment?

Moaradin

kill la kill discussion:

I don't think Satsuki is going to end up as the main baddie. She's gonna be the Viral of this series. A much bigger threat will come and when that happens, Ryuko and Satsuki are gonna team up.

Seda

MCXC from what I've seen of Gurren Lagann and from what I've seen of Kill La Kill I wouldn't be too worried about the MC being "too powerful"

Edit: Just cleaned up my computer of some shitty malware search engine that hijacked it, while redownloading my add-ons I realize there was a script for quick post along with thread auto refresh. How did I live before this moment?

Now you can use these guys
wtzgU.gif

It's simple really, following what the show has done, making the main character
already equal to the "final boss"
means that 1 of 2 things will happen
1 that the enemies before the boss will be alot smarter than Ryuko and she will end up with her ass beat( until she gets smart enough to counter them(satsuki will also be getting stronger during this time naturally)
or
A big swerve is coming, maybe someone stronger then all of them will show up, the fact that they started on satsuki's backstory already and have her put on the suit and everything by episode 3 is very telling.

What.

Ryuko is not a dumb fighter or an airhead like Mako; she's displayed her adaptability in battle numerous times thus far. Also, KLK doesn't pretend to be a show about tactical engagements. It's pretty straightforward in showing that whoever has more brute force will win through 3 episodes so far. I don't think that's going to change either; it would water down the importance of uniform rankings.

Maybe somebody stronger than
Satsuki
will emerge but that doesn't change the fact that
her underlings aren't as strong as Ryuko
. She
beat the crap out of a two star user before actually learning how to put on Senketsu
. Then Ryuko proves
she can fight on par with Satsuki who everyone worships for her strength
. It cheapens the feeling of Ryuko's vulnerability, I have no reason to fear for her safety
until the rematch with Satsuki.

I've never seen GL but I'll take your word for it. Hopefully you're right but my expectations are low.

kill la kill discussion:

I don't think Satsuki is going to end up as the main baddie. She's gonna be the Viral of this series. A much bigger threat will come and when that happens, Ryuko and Satsuki are gonna team up.

I agree, you can see it coming a mile away. I bet her
parents are the main villains
or something like that and she
comes to Ryuko's aid because of FRIENDSHIP!

foxuzamaki

What.

Ryuko is not a dumb fighter or an airhead like Mako; she's displayed her adaptability in battle numerous times thus far. Also, KLK doesn't pretend to be a show about tactical engagements. It's pretty straightforward in showing that whoever has more brute force will win through 3 episodes so far. I don't think that's going to change either; it would water down the importance of uniform rankings.

Maybe somebody stronger than
Satsuki
will emerge but that doesn't change the fact that
her underlings aren't as strong as Ryuko
. She
beat the crap out of a two star user before actually learning how to put on Senketsu
. Then Ryuko proves
she can fight on par with Satsuki who everyone worships for her strength
. It cheapens the feeling of Ryuko's vulnerability, I have no reason to fear for her safety
until the rematch with Satsuki.

I've never seen GL but I'll take your word for it. Hopefully you're right but my expectations are low.

I agree, you can see it coming a mile away. I bet her
parents are the main villains
or something like that and she
comes to Ryuko's aid because of FRIENDSHIP!

You focused too much on the first option I gave, it could only go either or, but Ive seen gurren lagann (which you really need to see, though we might be seeing it on the pre toonami block) so I expect the 2nd option.

You focused too much on the first option I gave, it could only go either or, but Ive seen gurren lagann (which you really need to see, though we might be seeing it on the pre toonami block) so I expect the 2nd option.

Option 2 doesn't remedy the problem and I already explained why..

Option 2 doesn't remedy the problem and I already explained why..

Option 2 does work, you're assuming that
the next dozen episodes or so are going to be her fighting her way up the ladder. I wouldn't be surprised if she waxes most of them in the next 2-3 episodes and we get more Kamutsi users out of the wood work later on.

That's kind of what Gurren Lagann did from what I saw of it, every time you thought you understood how the series was going to progress it went a completely different direction breaking the entire power scale in a different direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom