• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAO finale is also roughly 13 weeks three days away depending on a movie night or whatever.

FMA:B too.

So we could see both SAO and FMA:B leave at the same time. Imagine if they did an hour block of SAO for the finale would toonami gaf be able to hold it together?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thing is there are likely 2-3 movie nights ahead of us because of the holidays even though Christmas and New Years are mid week this year. This will be unlikely to change Inuyasha unless they go whole hog because of it's immortal mum-rah time slot.

image.php

He changed it!

Jaken is just as bad!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is neat that they have the perfect shows to bump (IGPX and Star Wars) if they want to go cinematic and show one hour finales.

Levyne

Banned
I'm excited for more movie nights. Keeps things fresh. Keeping track of line up shifts and potential finales is actually really interesting to me >_>

bigkrev

SAO finale is also roughly 13 weeks three days away depending on a movie night or whatever.

FMA:B too.

I'd be shocked if they took FMA:B off of the block. Seems like a show they will replay forever, and no one would complain about it.

I'm excited for more movie nights. Keeps things fresh. Keeping track of line up shifts and potential finales is actually really interesting to me >_>

I'm pretty sure we will be seeing FMAB: Sacred Star of Milos at some point, possibly the week after FMA:B ends. As Eva 3.33 still doesn't have a release date on Bluray, i'm guessing its at least a year out.

Summer Wars after SAO ends? Sort of same themed....

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So we could see both SAO and FMA:B leave at the same time. Imagine if they did an hour block of SAO for the finale would toonami gaf be able to hold it together?

As of right now SAO is two episodes ahead of Brotherhood in terms of where they are relative to their endings. FMA has 14 episodes after this coming weekend, while SAO only has 12.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If it's any consolation the manga went on hiatus at a very good point to end the anime on.

Get out.

SAO doesn't deserve to be uttered in the same vicinity of Summer Wars (which is most like the Digimon movie 1)

Technically, it's the second movie. The first movie was the "prequel", the second movie was Our War Game, which Hosoda used for Summer Wars.

By the way, to give you an idea of how old One Piece is, the first movie premiered as a double bill with Our War Game. Yeah.

bigkrev

Technically, it's the second movie. The first movie was the "prequel", the second movie was Our War Game, which Hosoda used for Summer Wars.

By the way, to give you an idea of how old One Piece is, the first movie premiered as a double bill with Our War Game. Yeah.

I'm like 2 years too old to have ever given a shit about Digimon... I was 11 when it started airing on TV.

Also, the OP/Digimon fact is crazy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
But also old, as in too old for Toonami.

I doubt their standards for movies is the same as TV. Cagliostro still looks excellent today. Films don't age the way TV animation does.

Pre-cancelation Toonami aired Nausicaa, and that's from 1984 from the same director.

Of course, I think it's pretty unlikely that they would show Cagliostro, as awesome as it is.

what if the DST hour was back-to-back-to-back-to-back
Kick Heart
No lie, I was going to suggest this. :D

bigkrev

Funny/Scary story.

I've been looking to join a Gym, and have been taking tours of several near me. Yesterday, I went the the local LA Fitness, took the tour, and had the usual sit-down afterwards to discuss rates. As soon as I sat down, I realized these people were not letting me leave without signing up. The usual hard sell was way harder than usual. As in, I was surrounded from behind by 6 employees! They started going real deep, asked if I had enough money, if that was the issue, ect. I eventually lied, and said I would be back in an hour, as I wanted to transfer some money to write a check, and even pulled up one of my checking accounts on my phone to show them "hey, not enough money here, let me exit so I can go transfer some money". The guy then said that it was cool, HE WOULD SEND SOMEONE TO GO TO MY BANK WITH MY INFORMATION so I didn't have to leave, but I was able to convince him I would be back in an hour. He wanted my phone number, so I gave him a fake one, and left.

10 minutes ago, I get a call from a number I don't recognize. I pick up, and its THE FUCKING GUY FROM THE GYM. I quickly hang up, but he proceeds to call me continuously for the next 3 minutes until I switch my phone to airplane mode and go to a computer to block the number. In that time, I get multiple e-mails from Google Voice saying I have a voicemail from them.

How the fuck did they get my phone number? And how desperate are they that they all but waterboarded me to get me to join?

I'm Scared.

Edit:

And it actually goes on further!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
How the fuck did they get my phone number?
Modern phones will pull in contact info from facebook, gmail, etc. Most likely your phone number is connected to the email address you gave them somehow.

The bank account part is super sketchy. You should call and complain to LAfitness's corporate line.

Funny/Scary story.

I've been looking to join a Gym, and have been taking tours of several near me. Yesterday, I went the the local LA Fitness, took the tour, and had the usual sit-down afterwards to discuss rates. As soon as I sat down, I realized these people were not letting me leave without signing up. The usual hard sell was way harder than usual. As in, I was surrounded from behind by 6 employees! They started going real deep, asked if I had enough money, if that was the issue, ect. I eventually lied, and said I would be back in an hour, as I wanted to transfer some money to write a check, and even pulled up one of my checking accounts on my phone to show them "hey, not enough money here, let me exit so I can go transfer some money". The guy then said that it was cool, HE WOULD SEND SOMEONE TO GO TO MY BANK WITH MY INFORMATION so I didn't have to leave, but I was able to convince him I would be back in an hour. He wanted my phone number, so I gave him a fake one, and left.

10 minutes ago, I get a call from a number I don't recognize. I pick up, and its THE FUCKING GUY FROM THE GYM. I quickly hang up, but he proceeds to call me continuously for the next 3 minutes until I switch my phone to airplane mode and go to a computer to block the number. In that time, I get multiple e-mails from Google Voice saying I have a voicemail from them.

How the fuck did they get my phone number? And how desperate are they that they all but waterboarded me to get me to join?

I'm Scared.

Edit:

Taking "bros don't let bros skip leg day" to the extreme.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Lol wut? They actually got your phone number?

Wow. Well make sure to fill out a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.
Mostly pointless. BBB counts LA Fitness as one entity so it wouldn't single out that one location. Plus no one cares about BBB.

Complaining to customer service (demand to talk to a higher up) and giving the specific location a bad yelp review would be far more effective.

MikeMyers

The dude who runs around with the Inuyasha avatar says it's the best episode, need I say more?

It is also my favorite episode and it's not even close.

Can you really trust a guy with a Naraku avatar :p

image.php

He changed it!

he changed it to the face everyone will have after that episode

Jaken is just as bad!

LMAO.

I actually started using a Naraku avatar to act like I was the one behind Andrex's trolling. Kind of just stuck with me to use InuYasha avatars.

But yes, that is in fact the best episode.

bigkrev

Oh god, i'm now getting emails from them. I gave them a fake e-mail address. Although the address they are using is fairly easy to guess (first and last name @gmail.). And foolishly, I gave them my real name.

If I die in the real world do I die in the real world?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Funny/Scary story.

I'm Scared.

Edit:

And this is why I don't belong to a gym.

Damn though, shits crazy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sure there is, I'm going to finish what's left of GTO and then probably start watching either the end of DBZ or maybe a Ghibli film.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was doing something this weekend and I didn't know how long it would take for me to finish. There's a 50% chance of me not being able to be home in time and as a result I decided it'd be best just not to have it.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I actually enjoyed the upcoming episode of SAO a lot. It's cheesy and corny but I liked the way it was handled overall.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If we do end up having a preshow it'll be something random like a movie or something in order to avoid people missing out on stuff when I initially said there is no pre-watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom