• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

I was doing something this weekend and I didn't know how long it would take for me to finish. There's a 50% chance of me not being able to be home in time and as a result I decided it'd be best just not to have it.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I actually enjoyed the upcoming episode of SAO a lot. It's cheesy and corny but I liked the way it was handled overall.

Aw alright then. Enjoy yourself. :)

Guess we'll come to the stunning conclusion of Valvrave next week.

Seda

http://space-dandy.com/blog/?p=153

Google Translate

Although it is TV broadcast from January 2014,

TOKYO MX · TV Osaka, TV Aichi · BS Fuji

Broadcasting in has been decided!

In addition, simulcast in North America and Asia is determined at the same time as Japan!
In North America, Cartoon Network
Asia (except Korea), it will be broadcast by Animax Asia.

Is determined not only Japan, developments in the world after another "Space ☆ Dandy".
To enjoy the broadcast from January

Duckroll Translate

Space Dandy will broadcast worldwide in January. Tokyo MX/TV Osaka/etc in Japan, Cartoon Network in the US, and Animax Asia in SE Asia.

Seda

i really hope they move it up or they announce an expansion. putting something like this at 2am is pretty terrible.

They wont, but they should move Naruto down. Still doesn't feel right up there with all the other dub broadcast premieres.

i really hope they move it up or they announce an expansion. putting something like this at 2am is pretty terrible.

I could see it taking Bleach's place if they don't want to go earlier. It is an exclusive after all

We're neck deep in filler for a while anyway, people could wait a half hour

Moaradin

This is a pretty big deal. I've never heard of a dub premiering the same date as the Japanese broadcast before. I can't see them putting such a big opportunity like this on the 2am slot.

Seda

Maybe it is an expansion, air it at 11:30pm

iwanttobelieve

(seriously though, being SAO's replacement and not moving things around would be lame)

Well, when does Soul Eater end?

Mid February.

Seda

So,

Sword Art Online's last episode is set to air January 18th, assuming it doesn't miss a week. However, DeMarco has practically confirmed that there will be at least one movie night during the holidays. So let's say Sword Art Online misses one week, and the finale airs on January 25th instead.

Well, if Space Dandy was SAO's replacement then, it would premiere on February 1st. Contradicting the blog post.

uh....I'll leave it at that I guess.

So,

Sword Art Online's last episode is set to air January 18th, assuming it doesn't miss a week. However, DeMarco has practically confirmed that there will be at least one movie night during the holidays. So let's say Sword Art Online misses one week, and the finale airs on January 25th instead.

Well, if Space Dandy was SAO's replacement then, it would premiere on February 1st. Contradicting the blog post.

Maybe they'll group the finale into two episodes and still air SAO on movie night to make it in time.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So,

Having a 1 hour finale the week before would solve that

In fact, considering FLCL follows SAO's airtime, they could just double up multiple nights. We don't even know what's replacing FLCL. Maybe they'll leave it open to fill with doubleheaders!

Seda

So from most likely to least likely?:

1. Replaces Sword Art Online in the Toonami line-up
  2. Airs in another Adult Swim spot?
  3. Airs in a somehow expanded Toonami slot (unsure how likely expansion is but they did say it was a serious topic of discussion in the offices)
  4. Airs on Cartoon Network during the day somewhere?

speculation is fun

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
i never really do this simulcast thing. does stuff actually air online the same time it airs in Japan?

More or less, but keeping in mind that is usually subbed anime. We are talking about an anime getting dubbed and aired on North American Television while airing on Japanese Television, and not being hundreds of episodes behind like One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom