• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hard to believe it's been a year since the block expanded to six hours. I remember being very mixed about the ThunderCats addition to the lineup... what else did they add? InuYasha... oh, SBT! Fantastic move (they should bring it back and boot Clone Wars out...)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't remember making any puns...
52WDend.png

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What did they do last year? Play the first two episodes of Inuyasha, right? (and then repeated those the next week). That was lame.
I went back and looked up all their day light savings time fillers (anything pre-2004 was before Adult Swim ran past 2 am on Saturdays):

2004 - ATHF
2005 - Kakurenbo (anime film) & FMA/Cowboy Bebop
2006 - Cowboy Bebop (Real Folk Blues)
2007 - Cowboy Bebop (Real Folk Blues)
2008 - Drinky Crow/Superjail/Young Person's Guide to History/Delocated
2009 - Family Guy/Robot Chicken
2010 - Big O (last 2 episodes)
2011 - Off the Air
2012 - Inuyasha (first 2 episodes)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So I just watched the 3 Valvrave episodes. I give you my favorite moment from each episode.

I guess Haruto doesn't like his coffee darker than black.

Ohhhh sick burn.

Oh and...

Hey Bass can I have a what with a side of WHAT!?!?!

waaaaaaaaaatwpsn7.gif

lol. that's all i can say.

Just bought my last bags of original Skittles forever. Whoever thought it was a good idea to replace lime with green apple should be destroyed
...by a Valvrave

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hard to believe it's been a year since the block expanded to six hours. I remember being very mixed about the ThunderCats addition to the lineup... what else did they add? InuYasha... oh, SBT! Fantastic move (they should bring it back and boot Clone Wars out...)

It's hard to believe it's been over a decade since Adult Swim first started having a Saturday action anime block. I was reading over old forum threads while looking for DST scheduling and it was pretty much a carbon copy of the conversations we have today. Only back then they were still excited by Cowboy Bebop reruns.

I even ran into old posts by a "The Frankman" at one point lol

Tenumi

Banned
I never liked Skittles all that much, but I could so go for some Jolly Ranchers.

I'm hanging out with friends on Saturday, but I'll probably show up this weekend barring exaustion. SAO is too much to watch alone.

Or they could walk a third path like Trigun, the original FMA or Soul Eater did.

They could easily just have the series end MANGA SPOILERS
with Gon meeting his father at the end of the election arc with no mention of the dark continent or any tease of dark Kurapika

Haha I didn't think anyone outside of Toonami GAF knew of my saltiness

For the record while I hate incomplete art like that, at least they seem to be going for a abstract kind of story that matches the "abstract" art. Kickheart wasn't just bad beacuse of it's awful art, it also had an awful story and characters and was overall awfully awful

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Orsenwellsclapping.gif for the frankman here.

13 weeks three days until the next Inuyasha in the modern world episode. I'll change it if it gets preempted for any reason.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The dude who runs around with the Inuyasha avatar says it's the best episode, need I say more?

It is also my favorite episode and it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom