• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Speculation:

Oct 26 - SAO 13/FLCL 1
Nov 2 - SAO 14/FLCL 2
Nov 9 - SAO 15/FLCL 3
Nov 16 - SAO 16/FLCL 4
Nov 23 - SAO 17/FLCL 5
Nov 30 - SAO 18/FLCL 6
Dec 7 - Movie Night
Dec 14 - SAO 19/20
Dec 21 - SAO 21/22
Dec 28 - SAO 22/23
Jan 4 - SAO 24/25
Jan 11 - Space Dandy!

That would actually allow Space Dandy to air right about when it would in japan normally.

I don't think they would burn Sword Art that fast.

I could see them losing an Inuyasha and then pushing shows back before messing with a new show.

This doesn't seem like something that could be kept a surprise, honestly. With such a formal announcement like this on their website, it's sort of unavoidable.

The writing was on the wall all along anyway.
True but it feels like they blindsided him for no good reason. I mean, they couldn't have dropped him a line and said,"Hey, we're gonna reveal one of the biggest surprises you have in store for your viewers tomorrow. K? Cool."

grandjedi6

oh god, SAO double dose x 4
Search your feelings. You know it to be true!
I don't think they would burn Sword Art that fast.

I could see them losing an Inuyasha and then pushing shows back before messing with a new show.
Losing Inuyasha wouldn't help. They've stated before that they don't like switching up the schedule too much (at least for the 1st half with new programs). So unless they were kicking Naruto to the Inuyasha hour it wouldn't help much (not likely imo).

They could be just slotting it into the FLCL time slot but that's still 2:30 and they would still need to do something for the 4-5 weeks after FLCL ends. Which is especially problematic since they aren't repeating FLCL.

Mature

True but it feels like they blindsided him for no good reason. I mean, they couldn't have dropped him a line and said,"Hey, we're gonna reveal one of the biggest surprises you have in store for your viewers tomorrow. K? Cool."
How do we know that DeMarco didn't already know they would be announcing it at their own convenience?

LOLDSFAN

Wow this is big. DeMarco was right about saying 2014 would be a good year.

More or less, but keeping in mind that is usually subbed anime. We are talking about an anime getting dubbed and aired on North American Television while airing on Japanese Television, and not being hundreds of episodes behind like One Piece.

It's amazing how this version of Toonami was somewhat a side project since they're all doing it for free, and now we have anime that's airing the same time as it airs in Japan. We've come so far.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/10/25/16058.html

I have been told that this tells us that Funimation is doing the dub for Space Dandy and it affirms airing an Adult Swim.

Duckroll Translation:

- Adult Swim confirmed.
- FUNimation handling the dub.
- Animax Asia and Odex are collaborating for the Southeast Asia release.
- They're in talks with Madman for Australia and Oceanic regions.
- They are also working on licensing it to South Korea and Europe regions for a full worldwide launch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is a pretty big deal. I've never heard of a dub premiering the same date as the Japanese broadcast before. I can't see them putting such a big opportunity like this on the 2am slot.
The only other instance I can think of off hand was Kurokami, which simulcasted on ImaginAsian several years ago.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think the even bigger news is they are trying to launch this in Europe and other territories for a true Worldwide launch.

Amikami

Banned
Wow this is big. DeMarco was right about saying 2014 would be a good year.

It's amazing how this version of Toonami was somewhat a side project since they're all doing it for free, and now we have anime that's airing the same time as it airs in Japan. We've come so far.

Indeed. I'm happy for Toonami. Gosh, I don't even know if this has ever happened before. It must be a rare occurrence though.

grandjedi6

so maybe no Steve Blum in the dub?

amjRkkt.png

He's either misleading or not involved at all.

Jintor

Yeah, got the PR a few moments ago.

It's good and bad. Madman's good with the simulcast stuff but they don't have apps, their site isn't really built around streaming even though it has the streaming room, and it's just kind of weird to use.

Jintor

Hollly fuuuuucking shiiiiiiiiit
BIG HONKIN’ TOONAMI ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hey everybody! Just wanted to drop you all a line and announce a couple pieces of Toonami news.

First, we are proud to announce that Toonami will be WORLD PREMIERING the new series from Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) and Studio BONES (FMA, Soul Eater, many more), SPACE DANDY! SPACE DANDY is a 26 episode series that will be premiering in the U.S. BEFORE it premieres in Japan (yep, you read that right)! Details on that to follow soon.

Oh, and when will it premiere? Sooner than you think- January 4th, at 11:30 PM.

"Did I just read 11:30?"

Yep, you read that right. Space Dandy will kick off an expanded 6-1/2 HOUR TOONAMI broadcast every Saturday. Toonami Faithful, we got our extra half hour!

Oh, you’re STILL not satisfied? Fine. We have some other great news that will be coming in the next few weeks, but until then we’ll drop one more little tidbit: In December, Toonami will take a break from our regular schedule and have a bit of holiday fun, with three weeks in a row of a movie special to kick off the block! What movies, you ask? Well, you’ll have to wait a bit on that. :)

Finally- if you have more questions about all this, GOOD- ask them here! We’ll be doing our monthly Toonami Q&A this Sunday from 11am et, to whenever we hit the tumblr post limit! Remember, your question could end up on our monthly on-air Tumblr Q&A session with Tom and Sara.

WHEW- okay. Keep your eyes locked right here over the next few weeks for more details on all of this, as well as some other VERY exciting developments we can’t talk about yet. And in the mean time, do make sure you check us out on November 2nd, when we’ll be airing some fun little surprises in the daylight savings hour (2am)!

WE WILL NEVER STOP

Love, the Toonami Crew.

Hooooly fuuuuuuuuuckinnnnnn shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Crocodile

@BassForever: Congrats on the new job!

@bigkrev: Maybe I'm over-shooting things but call the police? Or I guess call Customer Service first but damn do I kind of want to call the police in your scenario. Talk about creepy as FUCK!

@kayos90: A shame about no pre-block this week but if you've got shit to do, you've got shit to do

WOW Shit went down while I slept O_O

Does this confirm Space Dandy is 26 episodes instead of 13 (which I believed was what was announced earlier)? Sexellent news if so.

grandjedi6

Space Dandy at 11: 30 :O (before Bleach!)
Space Dandy 26 episodes now :O :O
Starting Jan 4th :O :O :O
Daylight Savings surprise confirmed!

In terms of scheduling, this means there will be only 1 week that doesn't have either a movie, FLCL or Space Dandy in it. Makes me really curious what they're putting in that slot come January.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Casting my vote now for "Toonami |OT| Some dandy guys in space" Or something along those lines.
"Goodbye, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy."

I wanted to suggest that for so long, & now that Space Dandy is actually coming, I'm all the more excited. Even more awesome is the fact they've slightly expanded & now we get Toonami earlier!

& sweet, bunch of movies in Dec. Cannot wait to hear what they are.

Tamanon

Banned
That's amazing that they're actually premiering the show BEFORE Japan. Just one more show to get to 11 PM. The Toonami is spreading.

I wonder what the three movies will be. I think the Tenchi movies would be pretty cool, and the second one has a Christmas vibe to it. FMA:B's movie seems like a no-brainer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's amazing that they're actually premiering the show BEFORE Japan. Just one more show to get to 11 PM. The Toonami is spreading.

I wonder what the three movies will be. I think the Tenchi movies would be pretty cool, and the second one has a Christmas vibe to it. FMA:B's movie seems like a no-brainer.
Know what other movie focused on Xmas? A LOVE HINA CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!!
Uuuuuggghhhhhh....

Sacred Star of Milos would be great to re-watch, especially since it's a stand-alone movie. It sounds like we might get a movie not based on an already airing series.

Jintor

In unrelated news: Bulletstorm started off as if Bebop was set in a world of rough-and-tumble Gears-of-War running and saying 'dicktits' but rapidly turned into a game where my aim is to leash and kick people off ledges as fast as possible while listening to Steve Blum be a hilarious sociopath

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe we'll get a surprise and 3.33 will be ready to air?
I would be quite surprised to see that happen, considering 2.22 aired only a few months ago. Though I just checked & Funimation actually did finish the dub (I recall they aired it at a convention not too long ago & it was suppose to be the sub, but they changed it to the dub), so might be possible, though I'm expecting more next year after it's been released on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom