• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be quite surprised to see that happen, considering 2.22 aired only a few months ago. Though I just checked & Funimation actually did finish the dub (I recall they aired it at a convention not too long ago & it was suppose to be the sub, but they changed it to the dub), so might be possible, though I'm expecting more next year after it's been released on DVD/Blu-Ray.

That's what I thought, until today's space dandy announcement. Now I feel like anything is possible!

Tamanon

Banned
If Funi finished the dub on 3.33, then it's airing in December.

In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if the three movies were 1.11,2.22,3.33 :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, my early guess would be

OP Strong World
Dbz Battle of Gods

Yeah, I would say Strong World is a virtual lock.

The interesting question would be what the others are. 3.33 seems too soon, but I guess you can't rule anything out with these guys.

Maybe the first Berserk movie?

What would be really awesome would be Sword of the Stranger. Let's get some of that shit up in here.

Ooh, no, wait, I know.

Strong World
Childhood's End
The Lights in the Sky are Stars

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wish I wasent at work right noww so I can express my excitement with you guys, this is like the 3rd megaton for toonamigaf

bigkrev

I'm probably the only person who is unhappy about 11:30. Can't they put something shite like Bleach in that slot instead of something I want to watch? I already compramise my social life for midnight, 11:30 means leaving at like 11 :(

At first I thought everyone was just happy about Space Dandy. It turns out that there was several big things happening on Toonami to be excited for.

I can't wait to see what the 3 movies are going to be. I'm still hoping they show the Gintama English dubbed movie one day. We need more people in America being interested in that show.

I want to see the look on the faces of the people who said Toonami could never work in this age of internet streaming. Not just surviving, but thriving. And now people will have to tune in to see the premiere of a show they've been looking forward to.

I'm probably the only person who is unhappy about 11:30. Can't they put something shite like Bleach in that slot instead of something I want to watch? I already compramise my social life for midnight, 11:30 means leaving at like 11 :(

Consider a bunch of toonami gaf watched boondocks at 11:30, and a smaller group does a pre show at 9, most people probably aren't upset.

Also I wonder what this means for boondocks? Does that get pushed back to 11?

Novid must be jumping for joy s at toonami getting a 1up crunchy roll. He was the prophet who forsaw this !

Rip

Also strong world would be an intesting choice . Sacred star of milos seems like. A lock

Novid must be creaming his pants at toonami getting a 1up crunchy roll. He was the prophet who forsaw this !

Rip

Also strong world would be an intesting choice . Sacred star of milos seems like. A lock

Yup. Novidstradumus indeed. Anywho, I can already imagine how big the ratings will be for this. Lots of people been looking forward to Space Dandy and with it premiering at an earlier time slot, they'll have no excuse.

Andrew J.

Am I dreaming right now? Is the spiritual successor to Cowboy Bebop airing on Toonami concurrently with the Japanese broadcast? What is even real anymore?

Yup. Novidstradumus indeed. Anywho, I can already imagine how big the ratings will be for this. Lots of people been looking forward to Space Dandy and with it premiering at an earlier time slot, they'll have no excuse.

Bu bu bu dubs suck funimation sucks bu bu bu

I wish I was joking, but it's already in the announcement thread

Am I dreaming right now? Is the spiritual successor to Cowboy Bebop airing on Toonami concurrently with the Japanese broadcast? What is even real anymore?

Not just concurrently, it'll air on Toonami first before the Japanese version.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best Christmas anime movie ever is Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya which they probably aren't going to air. (They could also show War in the Pocket as a Christmas movie, but I really really doubt that)

As far as dubbed movies with a tie in to the current lineup you'd probably want Strong World, Star of Milos, Any of the Inuyasha movies over the less savory alternatives in the Bleach and Naruto movies. I'd put the Naruto ones over the Bleach ones. They could also show the Alabasta One Piece movie which I'd put between Star of Milos and the Inuyasha movies.

This better mean that they moved Boondocks back a half hour though; I ain't watching no Cleveland Show!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Its a matter of when not if they'll air 3.33, they've already aired the first two

Sorry. I should've clarified. I meant within the year. 3.33 dub hasn't even been announced yet and looking at the past for some reference i's taken roughly 1 1/2- 2 year for it come over. Eh....

So, shit, my pants are too full right now.

Gonna be busy in the New Year.

Bleach is gonna have some Intro Bumps, Coming Up Next Bumps, and HOLY SHIT, WHAT ABOUT THAT OP. NO MORE FULL OP.

Bleach is gonna have some Intro Bumps, Coming Up Next Bumps, and HOLY SHIT, WHAT ABOUT THAT OP. NO MORE FULL OP.

Who knows, they might keep the 12:00 slot with a full OP who knows what the plan is. Sure more details will come out in the upcoming Q&A

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Bleach will almost certainly have its full OP still. As I've said before, regardless of their "start of the block" excuses, Bleach is a shorter show on a weekly basis than the other shounens, especially given that they cut a couple minutes from the show every single week (eyecatches, proper ED, Shinigami Cup Golden, next episode preview).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They do cut the best stuff every week from Bleach. It's sad. The wacky crap at the end of the episode probably kept me watching the original airing of the show for over a year after I last enjoyed it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just woke up, what's going on ever- .... Whoa. This is huge! 2014 is going to be awesome!

Yeah, I see what you guys meant. It might.

Plus, Funimation is, of course, handling the US broadcast.

CUT Space Dandies!

Can't wait for Fairy Tail to join the line up!

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

iUfyIXNlPbMf0.gif

You're going to regret those words.
No regrets ever, man.

Bleach will almost certainly have its full OP still. As I've said before, regardless of their "start of the block" excuses, Bleach is a shorter show on a weekly basis than the other shounens, especially given that they cut a couple minutes from the show every single week (eyecatches, proper ED, Shinigami Cup Golden, next episode preview).
You wouldn't happen to know if they cut that kind of stuff from Shippuden when it aired on Disney, right? Just a bit curious.

Yeah, I see what you guys meant. It might.

Plus, Funimation is, of course, handling the US broadcast.

CUT Space Dandies!
You crazy, man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd have said the same thing had we not just been told Space Dandy would be getting it's world premiere on Toonami.

Shows are different than movies. SAO also had its dub premiere on tv before DVD/Bluray.

With a movie though all you have to do is find enough room on your DVR and you don't really ever need to buy that disc. With a show you need to store 7 1/2-13 hours on average, which is less than ideal.

Sidenote: Can someone tell me what i'm supposed to watch in order to catch up on the pre-toonami block?

So Boondocks being removed because the new season is supposed to start in January as well, right?

Remove Cleveland Show, add repeats (or even premieries if they're up to it) of new Boondocks episodes, profit.

Sidenote: Can someone tell me what i'm supposed to watch in order to catch up on the pre-toonami block?

Remove Cleveland Show, add repeats (or even premieries if they're up to it) of new Boondocks episodes, profit.

Valvrave 1-10
Jojo 1-5
Fate/zero 1-6
Darker than black 1-4
Steins gate 1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom