• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote though I probably won't be able to join the watch party much until the end of the month. There is a chance some weeks my schedule can be switched and I'll push for it but no guarantee :

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, don't remember Guilty Crown..*reads Wiki* OH BOY, THERE'S A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. We can watch that near Xmas, right?!

Honestly, with Space Dandy just 2 months away, I think I'd go with the slightly shorter block so then we can play it safe & end before it starts, considering we end right around 11:30-ish as it is. I'm just trying to decide if I want to double up on a series that's 24-ish episodes or just have a new one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Which Hajima no Ippo series would we watch? The newer ones with 25 & 26 episodes each, or are we gonna have to go back & start with the 2000-2002 series with 76 episodes?

I'm honestly the type of person who prefers the shorter anime with a few exceptions (FMA & Brotherhood are a good amount & pretty much the max I can stand, & One Piece is kind of different because it's one I can actually stand to watch & it's on only once a week on TV. I know the same will be done if we choose HxH or HnI, but still...).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Which Hajima no Ippo series would we watch? The newer ones with 25 & 26 episodes each, or are we gonna have to go back & start with the 2000-2002 series with 76 episodes?

There is no remake of hajime no ippo, all of it is continuous, there is 76 episodes of the original, then there is the kimura vs
mashiba
OVA, then theres a movie, then you head into second season which is 25 or 26 episodes, and now theres hajime no ippo rising which is the 3rd season going on now, which will be 26 episodes

Raxus

Voted.

If we do get a long running series it will be nice to do two episodes at a time to get to the good stuff if possible when a new timeslot opens up.

I also chose Accel World over Guilty Crown. I hope I chose...wisely.

foxuzamaki

Voted.

If we do get a long running series it will be nice to do two episodes at a time to get to the good stuff if possible when a new timeslot opens up.

According to some its a lot better than SAO and written by the same author after he got some experience.

Moaradin

Accel World is better than SAO. I just found it extremely boring. Super uninteresting plot with no stakes and a very annoying main character. It doesn't do anything offensive like SAO, but it doesn't do anything interesting either IMO.

Branduil

Voted.

Whichever wins, we lose.

duckroll

According to some its a lot better than SAO and written by the same author after he got some experience.

Don't listen to that bullshit. The real reason people should be voting for Accel World is because the in-game sequences have fucking awesome action animation, and really nice pseudo-mech designs for the avatars.

Crocodile

Accel World and Guilty Crown? Really you guys? Granted I haven't seen either but from all I've read/heard, neither really jumps out to me as........"good" shows.

I forgot to write-in Panty & Stocking in the previous survey. Maybe that would have changed things. Probably should have written in Tiger & Bunny even though I already saw it. Also seems no one else is inserted in in Hachiko & Mitchin?

Apparently I've seen or want to see a lot of shows called _______ & ________ :p

Accel world fights are great but the characters all suck. Everyone takes takes their video game so seriously and the main charter is another Marty Sue with everyone women thirsty for him

duckroll

Accel world fights are great but the characters all suck. Everyone takes takes their video game so seriously and the main charter is another Marty Sue with everyone women thirsty for him

I watched Accel World by skipping every single scene in the real world. I'm not even exaggerating. I skipped any episode which had no game battle in it, and in the episodes with battles I just skipped all the real world scenes completely. Somehow the story still made sense, because in true shounen fight fashion the characters talk so goddamn much during fights they basically explain exactly why they're fighting even if the viewer supposedly already saw all that previously. Lololol.

It was worth it. Great fights, cool designs.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright. So I'm going to change the survey after thinking about it. I think it'd be better to put shows that would end. I still want to watch Ippo and HXH though so I'm thinking of doing something else for it. We'll see. The survey right now is pointless. Sorry guys.

I'd recommend

tumblr_mti4c8qKll1rqkopzo1_1280.jpg

With is GOAt opening

http://youtu.be/3oUT6V5DTr0

Branduil

Alright. So I'm going to change the survey after thinking about it. I think it'd be better to put shows that would end. I still want to watch Ippo and HXH though so I'm thinking of doing something else for it. We'll see. The survey right now is pointless. Sorry guys.

I recommend not limiting shows to the ones we vote for. Voting for a couple slots is fine but if you replace all the shows with voting we're just going to end up with the shows people have heard of.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just voted, crossing my fingers for HxH

Doesn't matter. It's not going to count anyways. lol.

I recommend not limiting shows to the ones we vote for. Voting for a couple slots is fine but if you replace all the shows with voting we're just going to end up with the shows people have heard of.

You'd be surprised. Everything but one show is on that list because people have not watched it. Otherwise they lied.

So there may be hope for me to get out sooner on Saturdays and be here in time for the pre show. I talked to the assistant gm (girl who does the schedule) and said "hey 2-10/3-11 on saturday is a dead shift where there isn't much potential to grow, I want to work 11-2 the busiest lunch rush cause we have so much potential to grow" and she said "that's the kind of mindset we need, I'll look into fixing it"

So nothing definite yet but in the right direction woo!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So there may be hope for me to get out sooner on Saturdays and be here in time for the pre show. I talked to the assistant gm (girl who does the schedule) and said "hey 2-10/3-11 on saturday is a dead shift where there isn't much potential to grow, I want to work 11-2 the busiest lunch rush cause we have so much potential to grow" and she said "that's the kind of mindset we need, I'll look into fixing it"

So nothing definite yet but in the right direction woo!

So she thinks you're a go getter when really all you want to do is watch cartoons with us? That's pretty funny, hope it goes well.

Branduil

You'd be surprised. Everything but one show is on that list because people have not watched it. Otherwise they lied.

No, I know. I mean if they'd watched Guilty Crown or Accel World I don't think they'd be voting for it. That's my point, if we only watch shows we vote for, we'll get shows with a high profile that aren't necessarily good. Sometimes it's better if we get "surprise," obscure shows that people haven't heard of as much, but are actually good.

So she thinks you're a go getter when really all you want to do is watch cartoons with us? That's pretty funny, hope it goes well.

It's not a complete lie, I genually prefer working the 11-2 hours because the busy hours are the hardest where we can make the most money as a company and time goes by faster. I could have worked at a store 15 minutes away but chose to work at one almost an hour away because of its higher volume and sales potential. At my old store we were doing 1200-1300 dollars an hour 12-1, this store is just content to do 800 when it could easily do 300-500 more based upon location and transaction count.

Watching cartoons with you guys is just an added perk :)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I went the retail route instead of food service. I dunno if that's a victory or not :/

Having done both retail is worse. Upselling on the food side is easy because, well, people need to eat and love good advice and generally don't mind paying a little more for something better.

Meanwhile upselling in retail is the worst thing ever.

The best is bartending or serving coffee at higher end places. People love their addictions and are generally pleasant to their dealers. Best high school and college jobs I ever had. Fuck besides having to move to somewhere busier I'd love to tend bar again. Great money, great hours.

Man, this thread is moving super fast. I went to sleep last night and woke up this morning to find 2 different conversations had taken place. What is going on even?

Retail sucks balls compared to any restaurant service, generally when customers are upset at a restaurant it's easy to fix their problem and have them leave with a smile. A free apple pie or cookie solves 90% of all problems. This store up north is also way easier then my old store down south simply because most of our customer base is kind old people who just want a coffee and plain hamburger.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Retail sucks balls compared to any restaurant service, generally when customers are upset at a restaurant it's easy to fix their problem and have them leave with a smile. A free apple pie or cookie solves 90% of all problems. This store up north is also way easier then my old store down south simply because most of our customer base is kind old people who just want a coffee and plain hamburger.

Amen, I'm doing a bit of retail work part-time these days for some extra cash and it never ends. It's absolutely horrible and no one likes the job.

bigkrev

I went the lifeguarding route instead of food or retail. Was good money (8.25 an hour at age 16), and if it was dead I could do homework.

Of course, i ended up working at the same place for wayyy too long (like till I was 23), but at least I was making 12 an hour and basically listening to podcasts all day.

Jintor

i delivered junk mail for close to two years, then i went to go work at a magazine company and be grossly over/underpaid (depending on where your writing background was from)

I should be making over 10 an hour by the end of the year at McDonalds as a manager, I honestly can't complain cause it's pretty easy work. I've only worked at the company 16ish months and I've already leap frogged up the ladder really quickly. Hopefully I can go back to school and finish my degree next fall.

foxuzamaki

I went the lifeguarding route instead of food or retail. Was good money (8.25 an hour at age 16), and if it was dead I could do homework.

Of course, i ended up working at the same place for wayyy too long (like till I was 23), but at least I was making 12 an hour and basically listening to podcasts all day.

Well shit, that seems to be a easy job and you was making good money, why quit?

foxuzamaki

Unless he worked at a YMCA or some place with a year round beach, it's seasonal work. Besides, who wants to do that for the rest of their lives?

I figured with the rest of your life thing, however 23 was still pretty young and probably the exact age they want of someone working as a lifeguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom