• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm. i guess that could work, but i still think it seems like it wouldn't offer enough material; i know you're just giving an example, but that's a REALLY small amount of narration compared to how much is in a typical promo. honestly i think they should wait until (spoilers so vague this could probably be untagged)
Luffy's first major fight
at least, which is something like a month and a half.

Well I'd interlace character dialogue and action snippets in there. Maybe add a line or two about
the darkness that dwells inside Robin who was given a bounty at the age of 8 and the legacy of the famous shipwright who created the pirate king's ship

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAeSeT1ZsgM&feature=youtu.be

Well I'd interlace character dialogue and action snippets in there. Maybe add a line or two about
the darkness that dwells inside Robin who was given a bounty at the age of 8 and the legacy of the famous shipwright who created the pirate king's ship

and all that works better if you give it a month or two, i think.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's is nothing Toonami has shown besides Pilot Candidate that even comes close to being as bad as GXP.

GXP has awful music, sub par voice acting, atrocious animation, the most boring story imaginable besides a few legitimately creepy bits.

I'd rather watch what we've seen of SAO twice through then watch a single episode of GXP again.

There's is nothing Toonami has shown besides Kick Heart that even comes close to being as bad as GXP.

GXP has awful music, sub par voice acting, atrocious animation, the most boring story imaginable besides a few legitimately creepy bits.

I'd rather watch what we've seen of SAO twice through then watch a single episode of GXP again.

Fixed that for you

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kick Heart has decent VA and looks amazing. Plus even your hateful heart would think it better than the dreck that was Pilot Candidate. Awful show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My Adult Swim/Toonami anime bottom five.

5. Wolf's Rain (controversial and I know I'm gonna see some crap about this, but aside from the great VA and the incredible soundtrack this show is BORING AS DIRT and has three recap episodes.)
4. Reign the Conquerer
3. Blue Gender
2. Tenchi Muyo GXP
1. Pilot Candidate

6/7 are Blood + and Trinity Blood.

8 is Blue Sub No. 6. Fantastic looking and fantastically boring. I remember it aired during my senior year of high school and being hyped as shit to watch it. Came home, turned it on and was asleep ten minutes in. Thought maybe I was just tired and watched episode 2. Asleep in five minutes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This week the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Valvrave being Valvrape, Jojo being even more wacky in Jojo's Bizarre in Adventure, monsters and children in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a redhead in Darker than Black, and traps and fucks in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 9:00 PM EDT Saturday!

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 11 - Military Tribunal #54
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 12 - The Heretic Activates
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 6 - Tomorrow's Courage
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 7 - The Evil Forest
10:40 - Darker than Black - 5 - Red Giant Over Eastern Europe... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 6 - Butterfly Effect's Divergence

N.B. The second survey for the show is hidden in this below. Because of Space Dandy and stuff there is now a 6th option saying we should not choose a new show. Instead, it'd be a power hour of whatever is currently on the table. Until Space Dandy.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This week the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Valvrave being Valvrape, Jojo being even more wacky in Jojo's Bizarre in Adventure, monsters and children in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a redhead in Darker than Black, and traps and fucks in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 9:00 PM EDT Saturday!

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 11 - Military Tribunal #54
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 12 - The Heretic Activates
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 6 - Tomorrow's Courage
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 7 - The Evil Forest
10:40 - Darker than Black - 5 - Red Giant Over Eastern Europe... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 6 - Butterfly Effect's Divergence

N.B. The second survey for the show is hidden in this below. Because of Space Dandy and stuff there is now a 6th option saying we should not choose a new show. Instead, it'd be a power hour of whatever is currently on the table. Until Space Dandy.

I think we can keep the 6th show, afterall when the preblock is done it's usually just before 10:30 anyways

bigkrev

Dammit. I hate you both.

D:

took the survey (even though I have yet to actually watch the preshow, but I plan on!), and for the love of god, if HxH wins, do not start with the first episode. At the very least, start with Heavens Arena, though Greed Island is probably preferable.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Actually it's been on my mind earlier and it's a bit of a concern as well to put shows like Hunter X Hunter on the block. Not because I dislike it or anything. In fact they're easily better than Accel World and the shit that is Guilty Crown. It's mostly because it's an extremely long show. The reason why the current block is made of what it is, is because they are replaceable. Just a thought. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom