• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
OHMYGODACEATTORNEY5AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

c319f15e1e9a78f4b4dc098a6c6aa1.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's torture telling myself not to visit the AA5 OT, then I do because I've got nothing else to do & then aaalllll those spoiler bars. If I don't win a code via contest, I'll have to see if I can figure something out where I can get the money to get it. Might be able to get it for $20 or less.

It's torture telling myself not to visit the AA5 OT, then I do because I've got nothing else to do & then aaalllll those spoiler bars. If I don't win a code via contest, I'll have to see if I can figure something out where I can get the money to get it. Might be able to get it for $20 or less.

You gotta get on it bro!

dont tease me

YOU GOTTA GET ON IT BRO!

Never played an AA game >_>

YOU GOTTA GET ON ALL OF IT BRO!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm still sticking to not playing AA5 until Capcom stops being cheapskates and release a retail version.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm still sticking to not playing AA5 until Capcom stops being cheapskates and release a retail version.

You know, that wont happen unless they know you want the game in the first place, and theres only one way you can show them this.

You'll be waiting forever, better to just accept it and get the digital copy. Honestly this is the best game in the series by a landslide, best new characters, gameplay, cases, and legit shocking moments. Especially now that a good chunk of the audience has already bought the game digitally there's even less of a reason to do a retail version. You're doing both yourself and the fanbase a disservice by not purchasing the game, you miss out on a great game and if too many people think like you Capcom will justify it as a reason not to localize anymore games.

Crocodile

I loved AA1-3 and Investigations with Edgeworth but I never got around to playing AA4. I've remained mostly spoiler free because I intended to play AA4 eventually. Should I just skip to AA5? Is it worth ruining AA4 (I assume AA5 treats plot points in AA4 as if they were no big deal)? If/when I get to playing AA4, I'd probably want a break before starting AA5 which means I wouldn't get to play AA5 for a while :(

TheChits

You'll be waiting forever, better to just accept it and get the digital copy. Honestly this is the best game in the series by a landslide, best new characters, gameplay, cases, and legit shocking moments. Especially now that a good chunk of the audience has already bought the game digitally there's even less of a reason to do a retail version. You're doing both yourself and the fanbase a disservice by not purchasing the game, you miss out on a great game and if too many people think like you Capcom will justify it as a reason not to localize anymore games.

Agreed. Can't say it is the best by a landslide though. AA1 and 3 are neck and neck with it for me. What an amazing series

Man God

Non-Canon Member
5 surprisingly doesn't spoil anything beyond oh this character is still alive from 4.

3 and 2 do heavily spoil stuff from 1. 4 and 5 are very friendly to newcomers.

Jintor

AA4 is not required as such but it'll help you gain an appreciation for how far Apollo particularly has come.

Pity it has one of the most tedious cases in all of AA history in it. (Fuck you concert case, just fuck you)

foxuzamaki

this

I loved AA1-3 and Investigations with Edgeworth but I never got around to playing AA4. I've remained mostly spoiler free because I intended to play AA4 eventually. Should I just skip to AA5? Is it worth ruining AA4 (I assume AA5 treats plot points in AA4 as if they were no big deal)? If/when I get to playing AA4, I'd probably want a break before starting AA5 which means I wouldn't get to play AA5 for a while :(

Honestly unless case 5 is a blow out I can't think anything AA5 has spoiled, heck some of AA4's big final twist haven't even been touched on in AA5 so far which I find genuinely surprising. I'd still play it first simply because some of the character development in AA5 won't have as much impact if you haven't met Apollo, Trucy, Hobo Wright, and Klavier.

Agreed. Can't say it is the best by a landslide though. AA1 and 3 are neck and neck with it for me. What an amazing series

This game truly has no weak cases unlike 1 or 3 (1-3/1-5 and 3-3 are all meh). They've all been great and each one is better then the last

I dunno, honorable that he's voting with his wallet.

Ace Attorney fans should vote with their wallet by supporting the DS/3DS versions and not the garbage iOS port of 1-3HD degrade piece of crap. Not that I don't think AA wouldn't work on iOS but OH GOD the "HD" port of AA1-3 has to be top 5 worst HD updates of all time.

1-5 is amazing Bass. 1-3 is very meh.

It's a long, boring case that doesn't fit in the timeline at all and doesn't fit the theme of the original AA1 either. It was a crappy fanfic case that feels more like a X-3 filler case then the finale case. The only thing it did well was examining 3D evidence (something I'm surprised AA5 got ride of) and the blue badger video segment which was horribly overused

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How do you mess this up? There are "dumb" phone versions of the AA games that are better than that one!

You sound overheated bass, care for a swim?

So the more noteworthy info out of this was:

- SAO & Soul Eater will indeed get replaced with new shows
- FLCL will re-air again after the 6th episode airs.
- Studio Ghibli films most likely won't be part of the Dec. movies, as the rights are very hard to obtain at the moment
- 11:30 slot might stay depending on how well Space Dandy does, which negotiations started about 10 months ago
- TV Q&A was received univerally positive, even to the point in resulting in more followers
- Small budget increase
- Top requested shows (in order) are Attack on Titan, DBZ, Fairy Tail, Toriko, and Kill la Kill
- Speaking of Kill la Kill, should it actually air, it would most likely get censored
- Toonami Jetstream most likely not coming back
- They don't have the rights to the Clone Wars micro series anymore by Gennedy
- Cowboy Bebop might come back, but they gotta work the rights out again
- 3 AM to 6 AM is basically the block for the more cheaper shows they can afford

Jeez. Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, and Toriko over Hunter X Hunter?? I wonder when the dub of HxH will finally come out.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kill la Kill isn't a dub either though. And HxH is very likely to get a dub IMO.

It's very likely to get a dub like Attack on Titan will.
And don't count on HxH so soon, the fact that nothing has even been implied means it's still up in the air.

I'm still baffled how it's been over 2 years and we haven't heard a peep out of anyone in terms of HxH being licensed for a dub. It's a popular anime adaptation of a popular shonen jump manga you'd think someone would have been all over that and made a big deal that they got it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm still baffled how it's been over 2 years and we haven't heard a peep out of anyone in terms of HxH being licensed for a dub. It's a popular anime adaptation of a popular shonen jump manga you'd think someone would have been all over that and made a big deal that they got it.

They might be asking too much, or they aren't willing to pick it up if it can't get on TV. Or a combination of the two.

foxuzamaki

I almost started watching HxH like 40 mins ago, but held back until I know whats going on with the preblock

bigkrev

Well shit, that seems to be a easy job and you was making good money, why quit?

Because 23 years old with a Bachelor's degree made me feel like a piece of shit working the dead end job. Hell, when I graduated, I promised myself I would quit and get a real job. 2 years later.... ~_~.

It wasn't seasonal, it was a 4 pool facility with 3 indoor pools and 1 outdoor pool. I was the manager in the summer, and pretty much just walked around interacting with patrons and making sure all the machines were working properly. When lots of the people I was working with were 6-8 years younger than me, I felt really, really, old.

I didn't want to be a lifer.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I have news. I'll post more as things come more into detail. It may or may not possibly affect the watchblock. Leaning more towards the idea that it won't.

foxuzamaki

I feel like I'm weird because I actually really want to watch Accel World and Guilty Crown, whether through the pre-show block or my own time.

I do want to watch accel world, Ive seen 3 episodes of guilty crown, GC kinda blows me away with the animation and the colors but for some reason it hasent like captured me and I keep putting it on hold, it hasent done anything especially offensive though, so dont know why alot of people dont like it

I feel like I'm weird because I actually really want to watch Accel World and Guilty Crown, whether through the pre-show block or my own time.

I thought both were legit good. Animegaf REALLY hates Guilty Crown, though. They're more receptive to Accel World because of the great battles and animation.

Raxus

Even though I doubt it would affect things. If for whatever the prewatch block did end I would still marathon through GTO and DtB thanks to discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom