• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All this Inuyasha talk makes me want to watch the anime (excluding fillers) again. Remind me why this is a horrible idea.

Well for one thing filler has the best episodes of Inuyasha while the actual story content gets bogged down in chasing Naraku around while Kagara muses a heel-face turn and Kikyo or Sesshy walk around talking softly.

All this Inuyasha talk makes me want to watch the anime (excluding fillers) again. Remind me why this is a horrible idea.

Because every 30 or so episodes the plot seems to repeat the same story beats just with InuYasha being stronger and doing slightly better against the usual suspects

Seda

Feels like there's been 4 separate (but practically identical) scenes where Kikyo and Inuyasha discuss their relationship and Kagome watches on.

Similar for Sango desperately trying to get Kohaku to stay with her.

Raxus

Feels like there's been 4 separate (but practically identical) scenes where Kikyo and Inuyasha discuss their relationship and Kagome watches on.

It's actually weird when you watch the final act and it is suddenly plotplotplotplotplot.

Same with Miroku getting tricked by female demon and Sango saving him while inuyasha and kagome argue if sango likes miroku and vice versa like each other

Seda

hStHlC8.png

That's three weeks for Naruto under 1 million

Soul Eater under 700k :/

mhs004

Was there not a World Series game going that day?

Yea I'm pretty sure.

January it will start out alot better with people tuning in to Space Dandy. Hopefully it does well enough so that the time slot stays with Toonami. The timing really hurts as I always fall asleep during Soul Eater. I love Soul Eater but I do so much school work during the week that I'm exhausted during the weekend and pass out early. Same with alot of my friends.

Edit: I really really wanted to watch FCLC but I was studying all weekend and just passed out during Soul Eater like usual. I will try again this week but I doubt it.

FLCL's drop is a bit surprising. It's been gone for quite a while and they made a promo for it; you'd think more people would give it a look, at least enough to beat Clone Wars.

I also thought GITS might be stronger.

Seda

Yeah there was a World Series game that night which ended right around midnight EDT with that weird "walk-off obstruction" call

bigkrev

FLCL's drop is a bit surprising. It's been gone for quite a while and they made a promo for it; you'd think more people would give it a look, at least enough to beat Clone Wars.

I also thought GITS might be stronger.

2:30 AM is really really late.

Mature

Toonami needs to get on that water 7 promo stat
This is what I'm thinking. Hopefully the new line-up promo airs during the week, too.

It'd also be cool if at the beginning of December they could start intermittently pushing Space Dandy with a promo that has footage not featured in the trailer. That would build mega hype and bring a lot of eyes on Toonami. I'm ready for that show to create a huge turning point for the block.

Necrovex

Well for one thing filler has the best episodes of Inuyasha while the actual story content gets bogged down in chasing Naraku around while Kagara muses a heel-face turn and Kikyo or Sesshy walk around talking softly.

If your removing fillers, then you can skip basically 90% of the episodes!

Because every 30 or so episodes the plot seems to repeat the same story beats just with InuYasha being stronger and doing slightly better against the usual suspects

You chaps performed your job well. I'll stick to my current backlog of anime, which contains Hajime no Ippo, Valvrave, and Hyouka.

This is what I'm thinking. Hopefully the new line-up promo airs during the week, too.

It'd also be cool if at the beginning of December they could start intermittently pushing Space Dandy with a promo that has footage not featured in the trailer. That would build mega hype and bring a lot of eyes on Toonami. I'm ready for that show to create a huge turning point for the block.

If you're curious, the line-up promo was posted on the tumblr last Saturday.

As for the inevitable Space Dandy promo, remember - they'll be advertising to people who probably haven't even seen that trailer, so it's not crazy to think it might have some of that footage.

Speaking of Dandy, DeMarco tweeted that they were holding meetings with Dandy staff today and tomorrow.

Mature

If you're curious, the line-up promo was posted on the tumblr last Saturday.

As for the inevitable Space Dandy promo, remember - they'll be advertising to people who probably haven't even seen that trailer, so it's not crazy to think it might have some of that footage.

Speaking of Dandy, DeMarco tweeted that they were holding meetings with Dandy staff today and tomorrow.
Oh, I definitely suspect any promo they cut will have footage from the 2 minute trailer. I just think it would help to solidify the reality of it being a world premiere/exclusive if the promo they were running had even a bit of new footage, so that when people went flocking to youtube to see it they could also see it's a "TOONAMI PROMO" as well. A small detail that I think could help Toonami's relevancy to the maybe harder core crowd early on. Certainly not that important, and definitely not mandatory, but a detail I would love to see none the less.

The whole
mansion attack scene, the march to franky house, battle with the foreman
you could show clips from all of these with some hype dialogue and avoid spoiling stuff

even
Luffy's fight with Galley-La
is kinda spoilery. the rest just seems tough to string into a promo. i mean, what do you even really say? "The Straw Hat Pirates have arrived at Water 7, and now a mysterious threat appears"? that doesn't seem like enough.

even
Luffy's fight with Galley-La
is kinda spoilery. the rest just seems tough to string into a promo. i mean, what do you even really say? "The Straw Hat Pirates have arrived at Water 7, and now a mysterious threat appears"? that doesn't seem like enough.

Say something like
"water 7 is a beautiful city, with a dark secret, and when the straw hats get connected to it, they'll find their friendships tested. Can Luffy and the straw hat pirates discover the identities of the mysterious cp9, or will their voyage end here"

Not really any specific spoilers, but just in case cause some people are sensitive to hinting

hm. i guess that could work, but i still think it seems like it wouldn't offer enough material; i know you're just giving an example, but that's a REALLY small amount of narration compared to how much is in a typical promo. honestly i think they should wait until (spoilers so vague this could probably be untagged)
Luffy's first major fight
at least, which is something like a month and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom